Looking for a jam-packed adventure through two of Europe’s greatest metropolises? Ought to look no further than this.
What are the top highlights?
- Pedal through the streets of Amsterdam amongst hundreds of thousands of bikes
- Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night with a glass of wine in the Champ de Mars
- Float past Paris’ most iconic landmarks on the Seine River
- Taste savory and sweet crepes in the capital of culinary creations
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Train to Paris
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast, Welcome Dinner & Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in Amsterdam & Paris
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Amsterdam, and dream of craft beer, stroopwafels, and wooden shoes…then wipe the drool off your neighbor’s shoulder, and let the adventure begin.
- Day 2: Arrive in Amsterdam & Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Amsterdam! There’s so much to love, from the canals to Van Gogh to the legendary, laid-back attitude. Home of the famous Red Light District and more bikes than people, over 12,000 of which are fished out of the canals each year (bikes, not people), Amsterdam is one-of-a-kind. Seriously, how many cities do you know of with floating houses and hot waffles with caramel served anytime of the day?
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Check in at your accommodations.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers and take a quick walk around the area with your Tour Director.
In the evening, it's time for our Welcome Dinner. Enjoy dinner and drinks with your new friends and travelers. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Amsterdam
By now, you’ve probably realized Amsterdam is not your average city. It’s a multicultural, coffee-loving place, home to really friendly (and tall) people. Oh, and there’s an entire houseboat filled with stray cats called Poezenboot, because what city doesn’t have one? Answer: the rest of them. Get to know the unique character of the city during a guided walking tour to some of the city’s most iconic sites before stopping at a chocolate and spice workshop to indulge your sweet tooth.
- Meet your local guide for an in-depth tour of the city, and walk along a few of Amsterdam’s 165 canals while dodging bicyclists.
- Stroll through the Jordaan Neighborhood and feel super cultured being in this high-end spot, surrounded by art galleries, patio restaurants, cafes, and music.
- Tour Nieuwmarkt, a lively city square, market, and nightlife hotspot and pin this place in your maps, because you’ll definitely want to revisit once the sun goes down.
- Day 4: Enjoy a Free Day in Amsterdam + Optional Dutch Countryside Bike Tour
Spend the day exploring on your own and get a feel for the city’s history and culture. Kick back at a canal-side restaurant, wander across a couple dozen bridges, and wonder why this city is called “The Venice of the East” when Amsterdam actually has more canals than the Italian city. Does that make Venice “The Amsterdam of the West”? Make it happen. Spread the word. While you’re exploring, sample the famous Hollandse Nieuwe (which is essentially pickled fish).
- Make your way to Dam Square, the central public square of Amsterdam, and enjoy the happy, laid-back local attitude. We’re sure the coffee shops have nothing to do with that…
- Go green lounging in Museumplein, an urban green space where three of the city’s major museums are located. It’s also where you can fight for a spot on the the famous “I Amsterdam” sign.
- See how Amsterdam does nightlife with a visit to Leidseplein Square, an energetic area filled with cozy bars, famous clubs, and talented street performers.
Free Time Suggestions
The Anne Frank House: Now that your Tuk Tuk tour gave you a peek into Anne Frank’s life , take a little time on your own to see the very same house and annex, now a museum, that sheltered her and her brave family during the Holocaust. Heads up, tickets for this must be purchased a couple of months in advance, so plan ahead!
Dutch Bros: Learn about the history of the city you’ve fallen in love with at the Rijksmuseum – a Dutch national museum dedicated to all things Amsterdam.
Dutch Countryside Bike Tour (extra cost)
Bike like a local into the stunning Dutch countryside. Ride through rural landscapes past picturesque windmills and 17th century villages, then enjoy pancakes and a drink in the quaint Waterland region by the sea.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 5: Train to Paris & Walking Tour
Bonjour, France! Today take a train ride to Paris, the City of Lights, also known as the capital and most populous city in France. Get ready to feast on croissants, baguettes, and any other deliciousness you can get your hands on while enjoying every moment as a temporary Parisian.
- Take a train from Amsterdam to Paris, the city of lights!
- Follow your Tour Director on a walking tour of the city and its sights including the legendary Notre-Dame Cathedral.
- Day 6: Sightseeing Tour of Paris & Evening Seine River Cruise
Take the best bus ride of your life on this guided bus tour around Paris. See famous sights like the Arc de Triomphe, explore on foot during a couple of planned stops, and hope that there’s enough time to stop by Le Marais—the trendiest shopping area in the city. In the evening, enjoy a guided boat tour along the Seine River, and sip champagne under the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower.
- Saunter along the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. Known for its theatres and cafes—you may also recognize it as the finish line of the Tour de France.
- Find peace of mind at Luxembourg Gardens, a tasteful collection of tree-lined promenades, flowerbeds, statues, and the Medici Fountain.
- Float down the River Seine on a scenic boat ride and see some of Paris’ greatest hits by boat: Notre Dame, Bastille, Musee du Louvre, Musee d’Orsay, and more!
- Watch the world-famous lights of the Eiffel Tower sparkle (every hour, on the hour after sunset).
Free Time Suggestions
Moulin Rouge: The original version of this famed cabaret burned down in 1915, but the birthplace of the modern can-can dance lives on. Just look for the large red windmill on the roof, buy yourself a ticket, and then send your friends the pics to prove it.
Montmartre: Once an artists’ village and the stomping grounds of Picasso and Dalí, this charming hilltop district is now home to numerous nightclubs and the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré-Cœur. Walk its steep, winding streets for sweeping views of the city below.
- Day 7: Free Day & Optional Versailles & Farewell Dinner
Oui! A free day to wander the city of love. Get inspired, get lost, and get your fill of new foods like coq au vin (chicken braised with wine). At over 40 square miles there’s always something new to discover, so keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready.
Free Time Suggestions
Catacombs of Paris: Dare to step through the “Gate of Hell” on your way below the city streets and you’ll be greeted by walls of stacked skulls and bones of past Parisians. Once only considered a novelty, this absolutely eerie attraction is now designated as an official museum.
The Louvre: Once the home of French kings and now the largest art museum in the world, this astounding collection of art from around the world is not to be missed. From the Palace to the glass Pyramid to the Mona Lisa itself, you’ll be surrounded by history and beauty at every turn.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Versailles (extra cost)
Walk through the landscaped gardens, and tour the living quarters of the famous over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. This is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 30 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 8: Fly Home
Au revoir, les amis!
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.