EF Tours for Graduating Seniors: Belize Adventure
This trip is land, air, and sea to the tropical max. Where else can you zoom through the jungle canopy suspended on a zipline at nearly 50 mph? Or trek inland to Guatemala to unearth the treasures of Mayan ruins at Tikal and Lamanai? And once you’ve caught your breath from flying through the air, and properly observed leg day by climbing the temple stairs: sprawl out on some of the best beaches in the world, tube down a lazy river, snorkel, swim, and splash in the crystal-clear water until the Belizean sea cows come home.
What are the top highlights?
- Explore the Maya ruins of Tikal and Altun Ha
- Enjoy the relaxed Caribbean beach atmosphere of San Pedro
- Zipline and cave-tube deep in the jungle of Central America
- Snorkel off the coasts of San Pedro and Hol Chan
- Bask in the sun on a Southern Coast beach
- Keep an ear out in the rainforest for howler monkeys’ notorious calls
- Immerse yourself in a wide spectrum of local cultures and traditions
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private motorcoach
- Ferry ride to Ambergris Caye
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast & dinner included
- Entrances to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for our travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Day 1: Arrive in Belize
Welcome to Belize! Home to Mayan ruins, monkeys, and most importantly: you for the next 9 days! Get situated, get properly sunscreened, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
Day 2: Explore the Altun Ha Ruins
Experience the ruins of a once-thriving city in the Belizean jungle and see what Pre-Columbian life was like for the indigenous peoples of Central America.
Day 3: Snorkeling at Hol Chan + San Pedro Food Tour
Make an expedition to the warm waters of Hol Chan off of Ambergris Caye. After a quick lesson in the art of snorkeling, dive on in and join a guide for an astounding underwater experience among a spectacular array of marine life.
- Snorkel through the world’s second largest barrier reef.
- See turtles, nurse sharks, sting rays, jacks, tarpon, and many other marine species
- Walk from place to place while sampling some of the best food you’ll have on this trip on an included food tour of San Pedro.
Day 4: Travel to San Ignacio via Belize City
Dry off from yesterday’s water fun and head into inner-Belize. San Ignacio is the pastel-colored gateway to the Guatemalan rainforest. Enjoy the friendly small town atmosphere for the day.
- Gawk at the Belizean countryside as you venture inward towards Guatemala.
- Arrive in San Ignacio and chill out at the edge of the jungle.
Day 5: Explore the Mayan Ruins of Tikal
Welcome to the jungle! Tikal once rivaled Ancient Rome in size and splendor. Today you’ll explore its impressive Maya temples, ball courts and the many excavated buildings that housed over 100,000 people.
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle in San Ignacio.
- Join a local guide for an in-depth tour of Tikal’s six magnificent ancient pyramids.
Day 6: Ziplining & Cave Tubing on the Southern Coast
Trade in archaeology for adrenaline today on the Southern Coast of Belize. You’re in for a heart-pumping helping of ziplining, a mellow dose of lazy river cave tubing, and plenty of beach time.
- Give a hearty howler monkey goodbye to the rainforest as you board your bus headed for the coast.
- Reach speeds of nearly 50mph cruising above the canopy on a zipline.
- Slow down with a lazy river float through a wild series of sacred Mayan caves.
Day 7: Free Day on the Southern Coast + Optional Snorkeling Trip
You have the beach at your fingertips and your new BFFs to share it with. Take it easy on the Southern Coast all day, or purchase the optional snorkeling trip.
Snorkel at Turneffe Atoll(extra cost)
Take a private boat out to the Turneffe Atoll, part of the Belize Coral Reef (and former hangout for Blackbeard the pirate!), for a day of snorkeling and chilling with dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 8: Return to Belize City + Farewell Dinner
After a wonderful time on the Southern Coast, it’s time to return to Belize City for one final day in paradise. Spend your bus ride scheduling your “take me back to Belize” Instagram posts, and swapping numbers with the friends you made on the trip before one final dinner together.
- Make a pit stop in the vibrant seaside town of Dangriga en route to Belize City.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 9: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon.
Still searching for your perfect trip?
Talk to a Trip Expert to find the right one for you. Call 1-800-766-2645