EF Tours for Graduating Seniors: England & Ireland
Experience castles, Beatlemania and Harry Potter sites galore in the United Kingdom and Ireland's premier cities. Relish the quaint countrysides juxtaposed with booming metropolises, and immerse yourself in English and Irish culture for an unforgettable adventure on the British Isles.
What are the top highlights?
- Meet Ben and Abbey in London, AKA Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Go for high tea after catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- See Shakespeare’s birthplace and childhood home, Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral & the famous Trinity College in Dublin
- Stand in awe at the Cliffs of Moher, 700 feet above the Atlantic
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Ferry between Liverpool & Dublin
- 7 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast & dinner included
- Metro pass for London
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for our travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Day 1: Overnight Flight to London
Board your overnight flight bound for London. Your adventure begins tomorrow, so sit back, shut your eyes, and do as the English do and try and catch some “zeds.”
Day 2: Arrive in London
Welcome to London. Home of the Queen, tea, a wonderfully different form of the English language, and the largest city in Western Europe. Brimming with history and unique architecture, you’ll soon understand why it’s one of the most visited cities in the world.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director including the River Thames, Trafalgar & Leicester Squares, and Convent Garden.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of London + Optional London Eye & River Cruise
Go big and go British today as a local guide takes you all around town for the inside scoop on London’s iconic palaces, churches, castles, and yes, even a big old clock.
- Dive into thousands of years of London’s secrets with a local guide.
- Immerse yourself in London’s rich history at gorgeous landmarks from the Tower of London and St. Paul’s Cathedral to Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
- Experience a royal ritual during the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace.
- Wave hello to Big Ben, the bell inside the famous clock tower. Though it’s under construction until 2021, rest assured that Ben says hello from behind the scaffolding.
London Eye & River Cruise(extra cost)
See London properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks. Then, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets included.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
**Please now you must add this excursion on at least 2 weeks before departure**
Day 4: Travel to Liverpool via Stratford-upon-Avon
Board your private coach to Liverpool, home of the Beatles and Liverpool Football Club. En route, make a stop in William Shakespeare’s hometown.
- Make your way to Liverpool via private coach.
- Explore Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare, with your Tour Director.
- Experience Liverpool through the Beatles’ eyes, visiting sites that inspired some of their most-loved songs and the childhood homes and haunts that John, Paul, George & Ringo grew up in.
Day 5: North Wales Adventure
It wouldn’t be a proper UK adventure without a stop in Wales. This full-day trip takes you to the seaside town of Conwy to ooh & aah at Conwy Castle—which literally could not look more like a gigantic sand castle you built at the beach as a kid. Then, head to the rolling green wilderness of Snowdonia National Park to see the mountains that have kept Wales unique and separated for centuries from the rest of the UK. Finally, pop over to Betws-Y-Coed (yes, that’s spelled correctly) for some time to grab some food.
Day 6: Tour Dublin via Holyhead
Make your way to Dublin! In the last decade or so, the city has become one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. Companies like Facebook, Airbnb, eBay, and Twitter all have European headquarters in Dublin (so you know it’s a big deal). But to get there, get your sea legs ready—you’re taking a ferry across the Irish Sea.
- Drive to Holyhead and take a ferry to Dublin.
- Arrive in Dublin and explore the area with your Tour Director.
- Go inside St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the 800-year-old church named after the famous saint. This is the biggest church in Ireland, and it stands on the exact spot where St. Patrick is said to have baptized converts.
- Pass by Trinity College, one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities, home to the storied library that inspired Hogwarts’ own.
- Sample Dublin’s natural beauty and urban escape at Phoenix Park—the largest park in Europe.
Day 7: Travel to Galway
Next stop: Galway! But first, stop at the Cliffs of Moher, one of Ireland’s most visited natural attractions.
- Board your private coach en route to Galway.
- Experience the natural beauty of the famous Cliffs of Moher.
- Arrive in Galway and take an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
Day 8: Explore the Aran Islands + Farewell Dinner
Board a ferry in Galway for a full day on the Aran Islands. Visit the Dun Aengus Ruins (an ancient fortress built upon a plunging precipice), and bask in the charm of the Irish countryside.
- Watch as Galway disappears behind you on the 45-minute ferry ride to the Aran Islands.
- Rent a bike and explore the green, Irish countryside.
- Explore the ancient and mysterious Dun Aengus Ruins and decide for yourself how they came to be.
Return from your adventure in the evening and get ready for your Farewell Dinner. Enjoy a final meal together before departing for home tomorrow morning.
Day 9: Fly Home
Slán libh, a cháirde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
Still searching for your perfect trip?
Talk to a Trip Expert to find the right one for you. Call 1-800-766-2645