EF Tours for Graduating Seniors: Grand Tour of Ireland
From the Cliffs of Moher and lush green fields of the countryside, to massive urban parks, the Emerald Isle takes beautiful scenery to the next level. On this tour, you’ll encounter the renowned wit of the Irish people, discover big cities and small towns, feel like royalty atop Blarney Castle, and learn Irish history at every step of the way.
What are the top highlights?
- Step inside St. Patrick’s Cathedral and learn why the saint is so celebrated by Irish everywhere
- Stand in awe at the Cliffs of Moher, 700 feet above the Atlantic
- Kiss the Blarney Stone and receive the “gift of gab”
- Drive the scenic Ring of Kerry and stop at a few breathtaking lookouts
- Explore the Aran Islands and the pre-historic cliffside fort, Dún Aengus
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 7 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast & dinner included
- Entrances to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for our travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Find your seat, pick a movie, and then try to get a wee bit of shuteye. The majesty and raw beauty of Ireland awaits.
Day 2: Arrive in Dublin
Welcome to Dublin, the capital of Ireland! Once you arrive and drop your bags off at the accommodation, take a stroll to St. Stephen’s Green and Grafton Street where all-around charm await.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
Day 3: Sightseeing in Dublin
Today, see the best Dublin has to offer with a local guide on a tour of the city.
- Enter St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the 800-year-old church named after the famous saint.
- Pass by Trinity College, one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities, home to the storied library that inspired Hogwarts’ own.
- Sample Dublin’s natural beauty and urban escape at Phoenix Park—the largest park in Europe.
Day 4: Explore Kilkenny
Continue by bus to Kilkenny, a small city full of Irish charm and medieval architecture.
- Watch the emerald hills roll along as you head from city to countryside.
- Arrive in Kilkenny and check in to your accommodation.
- Join a local guide for a walking tour of Kilkenny and "The Medieval Mile,” featuring 14th-century castles, inns, and towers.
Day 5: Travel to County Kerry via Blarney Castle
Shamrock shake things up as you leave Kilkenny behind for the quintessential Irish countryside of County Kerry’s rolling hills, tranquil lakes, and plenty of sheep. On the way, stop at the famed Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone.
- Board your private bus from Kilkenny to County Kerry, taking in the pristine Irish countryside along the way.
- Stretch your legs—and your lips—at Blarney Castle. Legend has it that those who smooch the namesake stone are bestowed with that iconic Irish charm: the gift of gab.
Day 6: Explore the Ring of Kerry
Clear your camera roll and prepare to become Instagram famous as you traverse the must-see Ring of Kerry, stopping at each amazing panoramic vista, castle, or ocean view.
- Encounter magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Lakes of Killarney, Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, and more.
- Experience life in the Irish countryside back in the day at the Bog Village Open Air Museum
Day 7: Travel to Galway via the Cliffs of Moher
You’re off to Galway, a city famous for live music, street performers, and art shows. On the way, stop at the Cliffs of Moher for breathtaking views of the coastline.
- Gawk at the Cliffs of Moher—limestone walls of rock that dominate the coast for five miles and rise to staggering heights of 700 feet
- Arrive in beautiful Galway and take it all in on a walk along the banks of the River Corrib and gaze at the picture-perfect Galway Bay.
Day 8: Aran Islands Day Trip
Take a ferry ride to the Aran Islands, where old traditions and iconic Irish countryside are hanging on strong. Don't miss Dún Aengus, a 2,000-year-old fort with walls that go right to the edge of a cliff high above the sea.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 9: Fly Home
Slán libh, a cháirde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon.
Still searching for your perfect trip?
Talk to a Trip Expert to find the right one for you. Call 1-800-766-2645