EF Tours for Graduating Seniors: Spanish Road Trip
Eat, explore, experience, hop on the bus and move on to the next place. On this road trip, travel through five cities in 11 days, and discover the true highlights of Spain without wasting time. Get ready for world-famous museums in Madrid, unique Moorish architecture in Granada and Seville, and a cathedral straight out of a Dr. Seuss book in Barcelona. Keep your eyes, mind open as you learn what it means to live like the Spaniards do. Who knows—you might even get used to eating dinner at 9 p.m. ¡Vamos!
What are the top highlights?
- Immerse yourself in Spanish culture, cuisine, and customs
- Fall in love with buildings (you didn't think that was possible, did you?)
- Visit world-class galleries at The Prado and Reina Sofia
- Taste-test tapas (and more tapas)
- Learn to dance flamenco/embarrass yourself in Seville
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 9 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast & dinner included
- Metro passes in each major city
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for our travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight bound for Spain. Cafes and restaurants line the streets of Madrid, which is good because Spanish tapas are must-try. And then try again. You know, for quality-testing purposes.
Day 2: Arrive in Madrid
Welcome to Madrid! Spain’s capital is famous for its world-class art museums and live music scene.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
In the evening, it’s time for your included Welcome Dinner with your group.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Madrid
A nearly endless amounts of tapas and Spanish Golden Age architecture will greet you in this city located at the very center of Spain. Discover many of the most popular destinations before getting cultured at one of the world’s leading art museums.
- Journey to the very heart of Madrid at the Puerta del Sol, aka the “Gate of the Sun.”
- Shop, walk, and enjoy the outdoors and a bronze statue of King Phillip III at Plaza Mayor (Main Square).
- Check out the Picassos and Dalís at the Reina Sofia, or see the works of the old Renaissance masters at the Prado.
Day 4: Travel to Seville via Toledo
Continue your tour into southern Spain with a visit to Seville, the capital of Spain’s Andalucía region, and its biggest city.
- Stop in Toledo to explore the labyrinth of medieval alleyways at the heart of the city.
- Check in to your accommodation in Seville and explore the surrounding area on your own.
Day 5: Explore Seville
Today is all about you, Seville, and a local guide. Your guide will show you the best of the best when it comes to Seville.
- Wander through the lavish Plaza de España and admire the Neo-Moorish architecture.
- Visit the Moorish Alcázar, which was built in the 14th century for a king named Pedro the Cruel.
- Wind your way through Santa Cruz, the former Jewish quarter and most picturesque neighborhood in Seville.
Day 6: Travel to Granada via Córdoba
On your way to Granada, make a pit stop in Córdoba for a tour of the Mezquita-Catedral de Córdoba, and views of stunning architecture, and the second-largest historic center in Europe. Continue loving life in Andalucía, known for flamenco dancing, Islamic architecture, and tapas on tapas.
- Enjoy a scenic bus ride through the heart of Spain, making a pit stop in Córdoba before continuing on to Granada.
- Follow a local guide through the expansive Great Mosque and Cathedral of Córdoba, regarded as one of the most impressive Moorish architectural structures and is essentially a massive mosque that functions as a cathedral.
- Arrive in Granada and check into your accommodation, then get to know the area with your Tour Director.
Day 5: Tour Granada
A whole day in Granada! First things first—join a local guide for a VIP tour of the city. There’s heavy North African and Arabic influence here, and you’ll see it all around you in the intricate architecture, fusion food, and even the music of Granada.
- Get up, get out, and get lost walking through Albayzin, a maze of cobblestone streets. Just make sure you leave a trail of crumbs to find your way home.
- Take everything in as you wander around the grounds of the Alhambra.
- Walk along the Darro river to Paseo de los Tristes, and grab a table at a nearby café.
Day 8: Travel to Valencia
After a relaxing morning in Granada, you’re on your way to the coastal city of Valencia, the third largest city in Spain, home to thousands of years of history.
- Travel to Valencia via private coach.
- Sniff out some paella—the iconic dish of rice, spice, and everything nice was invented in Valencia.
Day 9: Travel to Barcelona
All aboard! Today you’ll leave Valencia behind as you travel by bus to another amazing Spanish city. Older than Rome and the largest city on the Mediterranean—Barcelona’s influence on fashion, entertainment, and the arts extends around the world. Prepare for stunning architecture, friendly people, and an incredible variety of fresh seafood.
Day 10: Sightseeing in Barcelona
Explore the new neighborhoods, restaurants, and sights of Barcelona with a local guide.
- Enter Park Güell, one of Antoni Gaudi’s greatest works of modernist art.
- Check out the progress on the Sagrada Familia cathedral, an unfinished project by Gaudí that began construction in 1882.
- Go for the gold at Olympic Park, the site of the 1992 Summer Olympics that offers spectacular views of the city.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 11: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
Still searching for your perfect trip?
Talk to a Trip Expert to find the right one for you. Call 1-800-766-2645