EF Tours for Graduating Seniors: The Greek Islands
Pack the sunscreen; the islands of Mykonos, Santorini and Paros average 300 days of pure sunshine each year. We’ll do the planning; you can enjoy a world of sandy beaches, blue skies, and the birthplace of civilization as we know it.
What are the top highlights?
- Cruise the azure seas of the Aegean
- Hike to the top of Athens’ ancient and famous Acropolis
- Catch some rays at world-famous island beaches
- Make a wish at Naxos’ Temple of Apollo
- Snap a photo of the whitewashed (and blue-domed) buildings
- Flood your Instagram with unreal vistas and Santorini sunsets
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Ferry transfer between islands
- 9 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast & dinner included
- Metro pass in Athens
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for our travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight to Athens, the cradle of Western Civilization and one of the oldest cities in the world.
Day 2: Introduction to Athens
Welcome to Athens! Athens is a beautiful city filled with art, literature, history, and about a million Instagram-worthy spots. And it’s the first stop on your journey through the Greek Islands.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Get acquainted with Athens on a brief walk around the city with your Tour Director.
In the evening, enjoy an included Welcome Dinner with your group.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Athens
The remains of some historically significant and crazy old structures still stand in this ancient citadel, including the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena Nike.
- Step back in time in the historic Acropolis of Athens with your local guide.
- See the Propylaea, the Theatre of Dionysus, and a bunch of other structures you’ll need your guide’s help to pronounce.
- Take in incredible panoramic views of Athens from the citadel’s hilltop vantage point, and understand why the ancient city’s name translates to “high city”.
Day 4: Travel to Santorini
You’ve soaked in some history, now it’s time to soak in some sun. You’re headed to Santorini, one of the most iconic Greek Islands, complete with whitewashed and blue-domed buildings, romantic beaches, and endless sunshine.
- Board your ferry to Santorini, and get ready to feel the love in this iconic romantic destination.
- Yell “OPA!” when you get to Santorini, but don’t be surprised if your ferry mate gives you the stink eye.
- Check in to your accommodation and get to know the picturesque island that you’ll be calling home for the next two nights.
- Sprint to the nearest beach (hint: you’re surrounded by them) and enjoy a Santorini sunset.
Day 5: Explore Santorini
Enjoy another day to check out Santorini’s famous sites and hidden gems.
- Grab your towel and your sunscreen, it’s time to hit the beach(es).
- Take a dip in the Aegan Sea.
- Shop along the narrow streets of Fira, the capital city of Santorini, or just admire the handcrafted jewelry, local artwork, and souvenirs.
Free Time Suggestions
The Found City of Atlantis: Visit the Akrotiri Ruins, a Minoan Bronze Age settlement buried in volcanic dust. This site predates Pompeii and is considered by many to be the famed lost city of Atlantis.
Museum On: Get your history on at a few of the island’s museums. The Archaeological Museum of Thera and the Museum of Prehistoric Thera are home to well-preserved artifacts and fossils dating back to 17th century BC.
Day 6: Set Sail for Paros
Set sail for Paros in the heart of the Cyclades Islands. With over 75 miles of golden sand beaches, Paros is one of the true delights of the Greek Islands.
- Depart Santorini in the morning.
- Arrive in Paros and check in to your accommodation.
Day 7: Beach Day on Paros
Keep exploring the best of Paros. Recharge, relax and spend the days under the blue skies on one of the island’s best beaches. Bring a book and your personal playlist—you’re in a beach paradise.
Free Time Suggestions
Chill Out: Try a quiet meal inland at the village of Lefkes, a serene and rustic village in the hills above the beaches.
Go Back in Time: Stroll Parikia’s narrow, pebble-lined streets and the Frankish Castle built from the masonry originally used on an ancient temple.
Day 8: Travel to Mykonos
Head out from Paros to Mykonos by way of ferry. Between dazzling seascapes, sandy beaches and amazing food, get ready—you’ve got two big days here.
- Wave goodbye to Paros and set your sights for Mykonos as your board your ferry.
- Arrive in Mykonos and check in to your accommodation.
- Get to know the area with your Tour Director on a brief walk
Day 9: Explore Mykonos + Optional Boat Cruise
Use your last day in Mykonos to soak up rays on the beach, enjoy a last bite of local grub, or do both! In Mykonos, there is no wrong choice. Or, take your last day and join an optional excursion and experience the island in a whole new way—by boat.
- Lather on the SPF 75 and head to the nearest beach.
- Pick up that bottle of olive oil you promised mom at one of the many shops.
- Go on a totally optional but 100% worthwhile boat cruise.
Mykonos Boat Ride(extra cost)
Cruise around the bright blue coast on a boat for unparalleled views of the harbor and the iconic windmills. Then work up an appetite swimming in the crystal-clear waters and feast on a traditional Greek BBQ lunch.
Please note: This excursion must be booked at least 7 days prior to tour departure, and will run dependent on weather conditions as determined safe by the ship's captain.
Day 10: Return to Athens
End the trip with a bang in a city known for stunning views. By now, you’re an old pro when it comes to exploring Greece, so we’re giving you the day to adventure in Athens on your own before an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Take a ferry from Mykonos to Athens.
- Revisit some favorite spots from day one in Athens, or go on a hunt to find new hidden gems.
- Check out some of the residential areas for an authentic look at life in Athens.
- Enjoy one last group dinner.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 11: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s, “See you later.” The only question is, where?
Still searching for your perfect trip?
Talk to a Trip Expert to find the right one for you. Call 1-800-766-2645