From the Cliffs of Moher and lush green fields of the countryside, to massive urban parks, the Emerald Isle takes beautiful scenery to the next level. But there’s more to Ireland than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. Feel like royalty atop Blarney Castle, and learn Irish history at every step of the way. At night, the pubs abound with live music to keep the good times going in one of the most photogenic and friendly countries in the world.
In a fraternity or sorority? Become a Greek Leader & travel for free. Learn more>
Pour the perfect pint of Guinness while over-looking Dublin’s skyline
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Find your seat, pick a movie, and then try to get a wee bit of shuteye. The majesty and raw beauty of Ireland awaits.
- Day 2: Arrive in Dublin
Welcome to Dublin, the capital of Ireland! Once you arrive and drop your bags off at the accommodation, take a stroll to St. Stephen’s Green, Grafton Street, and Temple bar, where pub culture, literary history, and all-around charm await.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Day 3: Sightseeing in Dublin
Today, see the best Dublin has to offer with a local guide on a tour of the city. Afterwards, enjoy a free afternoon in this bayside Irish capital.
- Enter St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the 800-year-old church named after the famous saint.
- Pass by Trinity College, one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities, home to the storied library that inspired Hogwarts’ own.
Sample Dublin’s natural beauty and urban escape at Phoenix Park—the largest park in Europe.
Free Time Suggestions
Book of Kells: Stick around Trinity College after your tour for a chance to see the Book of Kells—a pristine 1,200-year old illustrated collection of biblical stories—up-close.
Jameson Distillery: Sick of stout? Switch things up in favor of the strong stuff with a guided tour and whiskey tasting at the Jameson Distillery Bow St.
- Day 4: Explore Kilkenny
Continue by bus to Kilkenny a small city full of Irish charm, medieval architecture, and the most iconic ale in the country. Get ready to eat, drink, drink again, and be very merry.
- Watch the emerald hills roll along as you head from city to countryside.
- Arrive in Kilkenny and check in to your accommodation.
- Join a local guide for a walking tour of Kilkenny and "The Medieval Mile,” featuring 14th-century castles, inns, and towers.
- Raise a glass of Smithwick’s, Ireland’s best red ale that has been brewed since 1710, on a tour of the famous brewery.
Free Time Suggestions
Kilkenny Design Centre: Buy yourself something nice at the Kilkenny Design Centre. Here you can find handcrafted, artisanal gifts from all over the country. It’s like Etsy, but you can touch stuff before you buy.
Bridie's General Store: From the outside, Bridie’s General Store looks like an old-fashioned store to buy groceries or souvenirs. And it is. But continue to the back and find a full service pub (indoor and outdoor seating). Talk about a winning combination.
Kilkenny Castle: We promised you medieval architecture, and Kilkenny Castle delivered. Originally built in 1195, the castle has had a full makeover, and is open to the public for guided tours of its stunning interior and gardens.
- Day 5: Travel to County Kerry via Blarney Castle
Shamrock shake things up as you leave Kilkenny behind for the quintessential Irish countryside of County Kerry’s rolling hills, tranquil lakes, and plenty of sheep. On the way, stop at the famed Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone.
- Board your private bus from Kilkenny to County Kerry, taking in the pristine Irish countryside along the way.
- Stretch your legs—and your lips—at Blarney Castle. Legend has it that those who smooch the namesake stone are bestowed with that iconic Irish charm: the gift of gab.
- Continue on to County Kerry and enjoy some free time to hit the pubs in the evening.
Free Time Suggestions
County Kerry Pubs: County Kerry is known for its raucous pub scene. Locals and visitors alike drink and sing with the bar band well into the wee hours of morning.
Irish Cuisine: The Irish know comfort food. Try the shepherd’s pie, corned beef & cabbage, or Guinness beef stew.
- Day 6: Explore the Ring of Kerry
Clear your camera roll and prepare to become Instagram famous as you traverse the must-see Ring of Kerry, stopping at each amazing panoramic vista, castle, or ocean view.
- Encounter magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Lakes of Killarney, Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, and more.
- Pick your jaw off the floor after a day of unreal views, and head back to County Kerry for some nighttime free time.
Free Time Suggestions
Irish Whiskey Experience: The Irish Whiskey Experience in Killarney is the perfect masterclass for aficionados and new-comers alike. Buy a ticket and sign up for a class of your choice—from taste-testings to cheese plate pairings.
Killarney National Park: Need more outdoors time? Take visit to the wondrous expanse of Killarney National Park. Where else can you find mountains, castles, woodlands, and waterfalls all in one place?
- Day 7: Travel to Galway via the Cliffs of Moher
You’re off to Galway, a city famous for live music, street performers, and art shows. On the way, stop at the Cliffs of Moher for breathtaking views of the coastline.
- Gawk at the Cliffs of Moher—limestone walls of rock that dominate the coast for five miles and rise to staggering heights of 700 feet
- Arrive in beautiful Galway and take it all in on a walk along the banks of the River Corrib, gaze at the picture perfect Galway Bay, then get stoked for a night out in a new town.
Free Time Suggestions
Quay Street: Quay Street is a pub-crawler’s heaven. Pick a starting point, have a pint, and see where it takes you.
Buskers: Busking, or street performing, is basically Galway’s favorite pastime. Catch the best fiddle player you’ve ever seen on one corner, and a blazing banjoist on the next.
- Day 8: Free Day in Galway or Optional Aran Islands Excursion
Raise your glass, here’s to one more rowdy day on the Emerald Isle! We know you’ll make it count. Before heading out for the day, take a moment to reflect on all the Guinness, rolling meadows, hearty food, and craic you’ve had. Ready? Go make some memories!
Free Time Suggestions
Eyre Square: The end of the rainbow in Galway leads to Eyre Square—a bustling center of shops, cafes, and art, though no known pot of gold sightings—yet.
Irish Coffee: Vodka Red Bull’s Irish cousin packs a caffeinated punch of coffee, whiskey, and Bailey’s. Please enjoy responsibly.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Afternoon on the Aran Islands (extra cost)
Take a ferry ride to the Aran Islands, where old traditions and iconic Irish countryside are hanging on strong. Don't miss Dún Aengus, a 2,000-year-old fort with walls that go right to the edge of a cliff high above the sea.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 9: Fly Home
Slán libh, a cháirde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Before you head from Galway the airport in Dublin, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 449 authentic traveler reviews
Don’t think twice, book this trip now!Anonymous, traveled Jun 2019
I absolutely fell in love with Ireland, this trip was the perfect balance between “city” life in Dublin, “rural” in Killarney and Kerry, and “the pub feel” in Galway. The itinerary is perfect for someone who can’t take more than a week of work off and wants to get the most for their money and not feel rushed on a tour. I left a piece of my heart there and I... See more
Absolutely IncredibleBrittany Brooks, traveled Sep 2021
Laura was absolutely fantastic as a tour director. The entire experience was incredible, and I would go on this tour and other tours again. Especially with Laura as a tour director.
Just book it!Suzanne Egan, traveled Sep 2021
Laura and Shane were an absolutely fantastic duo. It's my 4th trip, and I'm still blown away by the experience! Laura was knowledgeable and ensured everybody had a fun time. Any bumps in the trip were easily smoothed over. I hope to come back one day because of her!
A MUST GO ON TRIP!!Darby Franklin, traveled Sep 2021
I had such an amazing blast on this trip! Marco was an absolutely amazing tour guide and really made the trip fantastic! He really worked hard to make this trip so memorable. From playing Irish music on the bus to even pulling out his guitar and playing for us on the bus, he went above and beyond. If you have Marco as your tour director, I can 100% confirm... See more