Not all that glitters is gold, but India’s Golden Triangle doesn’t just glitter. Break out your sunglasses because the trifecta of Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra shines bright. This trip is the Taj Mahal at sunset and yoga (in its birthplace!) at sunrise. It’s peeping for Bengal tigers on a safari, and strolling ancient palaces in eclectic cities. India is unlike any other country you’ve ever experienced before, and it’s about to rock your world, Bollywood-style.
What are the top highlights?
- Marvel at a sunset tour of a wonderful wonder of the modern world: the Taj Mahal
- Explore palaces and relics of colonial powers past in vibrant Delhi
- Devour a lesson—and plenty of delicious food—in a traditional Indian cooking demonstration
- Rise with the sun and center yourself with two separate yoga lessons
- Keep your eyes peeled and your paws on your camera on a game drive to spot the elusive Bengal tigers of Ranthambore National Park
- Ooh & aah at the Pink City of Jaipur’s pleasing palette
- Suspend your disbelief at Jal Mahal palace floating in a lake
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Safari drive in Ranthambore
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & five dinners
- Home hosted dinner in Agra & Jaipur
- Entrance to the Taj Mahal & more
You’ve selected an UltimatePlus departure. Nice choice! You’ll be staying at upgraded hotels throughout your trip. Each property is located in a safe and convenient area to ensure a comfortable stay, in rooms that are only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Actual accommodations will be made available to you 30 days before your trip.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Jai ho, jai ho it’s off to India you go! Lay back and catch some shut eye on your overnight flight, it’s a long one, but from the minute you step off the plane in Delhi, you’ll know that it’s totally worth it.
This tour requires a visa for U.S. citizens. Check entry requirements or call us with questions at 800-766-2645.
- Day 2: Arrive in Delhi
Welcome to India! You’re in Delhi: one the largest and most storied cities in the country. For thousands of years, empires from across Asia and Europe have strived to rule this land, each leaving their mark in the form of Muslim mosques, Mughal palaces, and even a love for British cricket.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Delhi + Humayun’s Tomb + Welcome Mixer
Delhi is an ancient and exquisite trip for the senses. Prepare your nostrils for the delicious scents of baking breads called paratha, your eyes for the remains of the eight different cities that have occupied this land, and your ears for the sound of a bustling city that never stops moving.
- Join a local guide for a tour of the city that includes a stop at the Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in India—and a relic of past Muslim rule.
- Pass by the majestic Red Fort, an ornate 400-year-old palace from which the president of India gives a speech each year on Indian Independence Day.
- Hold on to your mechanical horses on a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi.
- Find your inner Zen with a visit to a Buddhist meditation center—you may participate as much or as little as you’d like during a traditional prayer ceremony.
- Stop along the way to see the lavish Tomb of Emperor Humayun—the first garden tomb in India, and the inspiration for the Taj Mahal.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy some appetizers over drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party takes you.
- Day 4: Taj Mahal + Home-hosted Dinner
Today’s the day. An encounter with that most famous symbol of India beloved by all. No, not chicken tikka masala; we’re talking about the Taj Mahal. This massive mausoleum was built in the 1600s as a tomb for Emperor Shah Jahan’s wife, and remains one of the most recognizable buildings anywhere in the world.
- Let the ivory and marble of the iconic domes dazzle you on a sunset tour of the Taj Mahal—trust us, it’s infinitely more beautiful as the sun goes down.
- Learn how to tell your dals from your chaats at a scrumptious home hosted dinner in Agra.
- Day 5: Yoga Lesson + Travel to Ranthambore
Rise and shine! Things are looking up, and your downward dog pose is looking immaculate. Yes, you’re starting the morning off with a yoga lesson, then it’s off to Ranthambore—known as a wildlife sanctuary and one of the best places in India to see the elusive Bengal tiger.
- Work that chaturanga! Own that lotus pose! Start things off with a morning yoga lesson—fact: even the word yoga originated in ancient India.
- Travel to Ranthambore via train and study up on your tiger facts in anticipation of tomorrow.
- Arrive in Ranthambore and enjoy an included dinner and drinks.
- Day 6: Ranthambore National Park Game Drive + Travel to Jaipur
In 1973, the Indian government initiated Project Tiger: a conservation project to protect the nation’s Bengal tiger population. Thankfully, it has been a smashing success, and Ranthambore National Park has become one of the best Project Tiger parks to catch a glimpse of these elusive and endangered big cats.
- Get an early start and embark on a pre-breakfast safari on the prowl for Ranthambore’s abundant leopards, crocodiles, sloth bears, macaques, hyenas, and of course: Bengal tigers.
- Return to the hotel for breakfast and board your bus for Jaipur—the next waypoint on India’s Golden Triangle.
- Chow down on an included dinner in Jaipur.
- Add some culture to your trip with a viewing of a Bollywood movie in the famous Raj Mandir Cinema—an experience crafted to make all guests feel like royalty.
- Day 7: Morning Yoga + Explore Jaipur + Cooking Demonstration
Everything in Jaipur is pink. It’s not because of some gender reveal party gone wrong, it’s on purpose. When Prince Albert visited the city under British rule in the 1870s, the whole city was painted pink to welcome him, and remains that way to this day.
- Wake up your brain and body with a morning yoga session—it’s never too early to align your chakras.
- Discover why everything is prettier in pink as you explore Jaipur with a local guide, entering Jaipur City Palace and the local markets.
- Shop like a local in Bapu Bazaar, one of the world’s premiere destinations for precious stones and gems.
- Join an aristocratic Indian family for a traditional cooking demonstration and a chance to don a sari as you enjoy the fruits of your culinary labor.
- Day 8: Amber Fort Excursion + Return to Delhi + Overnight Flight Home
On your final day in India, you’re going for the royal hat trick: three different palaces. Each unique, each likely to make you gasp at their beauty in a different way. And then, it’s back to Delhi for goodbyes and preparation for your overnight flight back home.
- Find out why the stacked Hawa Mahal is called the “Palace of the Breeze.”
- Get proof that magic exists when you see the floating Jal Mahal on Man Sagar Lake.
- Take a 4x4 up to the top of the imposing 1,000+ year-old Amber (or Amer) Fort, strategically situated over a desert oasis.
- Return to your roots in Delhi.
- Board your overnight flight home. It’ll likely leave late, but you may use the hotel’s day room until your ride to the airport is ready.
- Day 9: Arrive Home
Your next destination awaits—home, and you’ll arrive there in the late morning or early afternoon after your overnight flight.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.