London to Paris: Stonehenge & Normandy
Everyone loves London and Paris because of the epic city scenery along the Thames and those sweet, sweet sunsets on the banks of the Seine. But, when you add the magical island of Mont-Saint-Michel and the historic beaches of Normandy into the mix, well that’s what we call views for days. Spend your time hopping from British pubs to Parisian cafés and hitting up one or two world-class museums in between. And when your coastal side starts calling, that’s when we’ll introduce you to the world of châteaux, cheese, and delicious calvados cocktail. We’re pretty positive you and your camera roll are going to be stuffed.
What are the top highlights?
- Meet Ben and Abbey in London, AKA Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Go for high tea before catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Snap pics of Stonehenge, basically the most famous giant rocks in the world
- Visiting Mont-Saint-Michel and wondering why Harry Potter wasn’t filmed there
- Dive into World War II history as you walk along Omaha Beach
- Cruise the Seine River and float past Paris’ most notable landmarks
- Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night with a glass of wine in the Champ de Mars
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Overnight ferry to Saint-Malo
- 10 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in London & Paris
- Entrance to Stonehenge, Mont-Saint-Michel, and other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director including the River Thames, Trafalgar & Leicester Squares, and Convent Garden.
- Dive into thousands of years of London’s secrets with a local guide.
- Immerse yourself in London’s rich history at gorgeous landmarks from the Tower of London and St. Paul’s Cathedral to Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
- Experience a royal ritual during the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
- Wave hello to Big Ben, the bell inside the famous clock tower. Though it’s under construction until 2021, rest assured that Ben says hello from behind the scaffolding.
- Stop by Stonehenge, you know, those giant stones arranged in two concentric circles out in the English countryside.
- Listen along as your Tour Director talk about how the aliens, er we mean ye olde Brits, constructed the site.
- Board an overnight cruise in Portsmouth and enjoy a quick snooze as you sail to Saint-Malo, France.
- Stroll along Saint-Malo’s charming streets and ramparts, that’s the fancy word for city walls, with your Tour Director.
- Make your way to Mont-Saint-Michel and watch as the sea levels around the island change with the tides—TBH it’s pretty magical.
- Enter the church-turned prison-turned abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Look at some of almost 10,000 headstones at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, which are laid out in the shape of a giant cross.
- Walk along Omaha Beach to see where American soldiers landed on D-Day.
- See the Pointe du Hoc Ranger Monument and the 100-foot-high cliffs American soldiers scaled to defeat the Germans…talk about extreme.
- View the nearly 230-foot-long Bayeux Tapestry—because giant tapestries > giant textbooks—and learn why the Battle of Hastings is still so important 950 years after it went down.
- Soak in #views of the Seine Valley from the ramparts of Château Gaillard
- Follow your Tour Director on a walking tour of Paris including the legendary Notre-Dame Cathedral.
- Float down the River Seine during a scenic boat ride that makes its way through the true heart of the city.
- Watch the world-famous lights of the Eiffel Tower sparkle (every hour, on the hour after sunset).
- Saunter along the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. Known for its theatres and cafes—you may also recognize it as the finish line of the Tour de France.
- Find peace of mind at Luxembourg Gardens, a tasteful collection of tree-lined promenades, flowerbeds, statues, and the Medici Fountain.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight bound for London. Your adventure begins tomorrow, so sit back, shut your eyes, and do as the English do and try and catch some “zeds.”
Day 2: Arrive in London
Welcome to London. Home of the Queen, tea, a wonderfully different form of the English language, and the largest city in Western Europe. Brimming with history and unique architecture, you’ll soon understand why it’s one of the most visited cities in the world.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy some appetizers over drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party takes you.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of London + Optional London Eye & River Cruise
Go big and go British today as a local guide takes you all around town for the inside scoop on London’s iconic palaces, churches, castles, and yes, even a big old clock.
London Eye & River Cruise(extra cost)
See London properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks. Then, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets included.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 14 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
Day 4: Free Day in London
Use this free day to check out and check off anything you may have missed in one of the world’s greatest cities. Dive in and act like you belong with some local slang, try some famous fare (looking at you fish and chips), and explore until you’re too knackered (tired) to continue.
Free Time Suggestions
The British Museum: Discover over 2 million years of human history at this free museum. With over 8 million objects and counting, it is one of the largest and most comprehensive collections in existence—so don’t expect to see it all.
Westminster Abbey: This historic, royal church is the traditional place of coronation and burial for British monarchs. The mainly Gothic façade leads to a gorgeous array of paintings, stained glass, and artifacts. Get yourself a ticket and you’ll be treated to more than just a house of worship.
Day 5: Sightseeing Tour of Stonehenge & Travel to Saint-Malo
Get your last fix of British history in during a visit to Stonehenge. You’ll learn about the mysterious origin of the prehistoric monument and snap some photos with the world’s most famous rocks. Then, say goodbye to England as you board a ferry to travel to France.
Day 6: Sightseeing Tour of Saint-Malo & Mont-Saint-Michel
Walk off the ferry and start exploring the streets of Saint-Malo. You’ll get to know the coastal city during a short tour before heading to the majestic, magical, looks-like-it’s-straight-out-of-Harry-Potter island of Mont-Saint-Michel.
Day 7: Sightseeing Tour of D-Day Beaches
Meet up with a local guide who’ll school you on WWII history during today’s sightseeing tour of the Normandy region. You’ll visit the beach that American soldiers landed on during D-Day, the historic military invasion that marked the beginning of the end of Nazi occupation in Europe, as well as museums and monuments that honor those who fought in the war.
Day 8: Free Day in the Normandy Region or Optional Hors d’oeuvres & Heroines Excursion
Use this free day to explore the Normandy region and perfect your French accent. But don’t worry if your pronunciation doesn’t have that je ne sais quoi, there’s plenty of other ways to spend your day.
Free Time Suggestions
Calvados & camembert: Stop by a local restaurant and pass the day away as you enjoy a plate of camembert cheese and a glass of calvados, the region’s famous apple brandy. This food and drink are a classic combo in the Normandy region and there’s no better way to embrace being a Frenchman (or woman!)…if only for an afternoon.
Caen Memorial Museum: If exploring the Normandy beaches didn’t satiate your appetite for WWII history, well then boy are you in luck. Opt to spend today at the Caen Memorial Museum where you can learn even more about the military strategy, stories, and soldiers who contributed to the Allied victory in Europe.
Hors d'oeuvres & Heroines(extra cost)
Any place that’s good enough for Monet is good enough for us. Walk along the medieval harbor and sample the local fare during a cheese and cider tasting. Then, head on over to Rouen for the Joan of Arc Museum.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 9: Visit Château Gaillard + Travel to Paris + Sightseeing Tour
Travel through the French countryside to the City of Light, also known as the capital and most populous city in France. Get ready to feast on croissants, baguettes, and any other deliciousness you can get your hands on while enjoying every moment as a temporary Parisian.
Day 10: Tour Paris + Optional Versailles Excursion
Take the best bus ride of your life on this guided bus tour around Paris. See famous sights like the Arc de Triomphe, explore on foot during a couple of planned stops, and hope that there’s enough time to stop by Le Marais—the trendiest shopping area in the city.
Free Time Suggestions
Moulin Rouge: The original version of this famed cabaret burned down in 1915, but the birthplace of the modern can-can dance lives on. Just look for the large red windmill on the roof, buy yourself a ticket, and then send your friends the pics to prove it.
Montmartre: Once an artists’ village and the stomping grounds of Picasso and Dalí, this charming hilltop district is now home to numerous nightclubs and the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré-Cœur. Walk its steep, winding streets for sweeping views of the city below.
Walk through the landscaped gardens, and tour the living quarters of the famous over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. This is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 30 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
Day 11: Free Day in Paris + Farewell Dinner
Oui! A free day to wander the city of love. Get inspired, get lost, and get your fill of new foods like coq au vin (chicken braised with wine). At over 40 square miles there’s always something new to discover, so keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready.
Free Time Suggestions
Catacombs of Paris: Dare to step through the “Gate of Hell” on your way below the city streets and you’ll be greeted by walls of stacked skulls and bones of past Parisians. Once only considered a novelty, this absolutely eerie attraction is now designated as an official museum.
The Louvre: Once the home of French kings and now the largest art museum in the world, this astounding collection of art from around the world is not to be missed. From the Palace to the glass Pyramid to the Mona Lisa itself, you’ll be surrounded by history and beauty at every turn.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 12: Fly Home
Au revoir, les amis!
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.