From $2699 with flightsPayments as low as $116
If you want to live in the moment, ignite your curiosity, and explore the national parks containing the tallest trees, driest deserts, and colossal-est canyons in the continental U.S.A., then this trip is for you. Experience the best of the west on this 11-day road trip from Salt Lake City to Phoenix.
What are the top highlights?
- Gaze into the great void of the Grand Canyon at a loss for words
- Stroll the Las Vegas strip, each step increasing the odds that you yell “Vegas, baby!”
- Enter another world as you walk through Zion National Park in Utah
- Try to count the number of arches in Arches National Park
- Upgrade your Insta game at Canyonlands National Park
- Feast your eyes on the natural rock bridges & arches of Bryce Canyon National Park
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 10 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner
- Daily breakfast & a three-course Farewell Dinner
- Entrance to Arches National Park, Zion, Grand Canyon National Park & more
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Arrive in Salt Lake City where you’ll meet an EF representative
- Transfer to your hotel in Park City to check in and check out your room
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director
- Meet your fellow travelers at a Welcome Event
- Board your private bus bound for Moab
- Head to Canyonlands National Park and gawk at the desert views carved by the Colorado River
- Check in at your hotel in Moab
- Enjoy a guided tour of Arches National Park with your Tour Director
- Explore the park’s many natural wonders in your free time
- Explore Bryce Canyon National Park with your Tour Director.
- Get up-close and personal with the funky pink limestone and sandstone formations.
- Take your metaphorical horse to the metaphorical Old Town Road with Kanab’s Wild Wild West vibes.
- Travel to Zion National Park, Utah’s first National Park.
- Walk the same Zion trails blazed by native Anasazi people thousands of years ago.
- Stare in wonder at 2,000-foot-high sandstone cliffs that line the canyon you’re in.
- Pass by the famous replicas of the Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower and check out the gold MGM lion statue.
- Admire the Venetian and the Bellagio, two of Las Vegas’ most iconic casinos and hotels.
- Have a staring contest with the Luxor Sphinx before continuing to the older parts of Las Vegas for a short walking tour on Fremont Street, a famous casino street.
- Put on your sunscreen and cowboy hat for a day in the Mojave Desert.
- Enjoy views of towering red sandstone peaks and Native American petroglyphs in Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
- Return to your hotel in Las Vegas to chill out for the night.
- Journey to Flagstaff, the gateway city to the Grand Canyon.
- Take your metaphorical horse to the metaphorical Old Town Road with Old Route 66’s Wild Wild West vibes.
- Check in at your hotel in Flagstaff, Arizona to chill out for the night.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Grand Canyon with your Tour Director.
- Make photo stops at the majestic rock formations surrounding Sedona, including Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, and Courthouse Butte (no laughing at “butte,” please).
- Continue on to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon for your first glimpse at the legendary fissure and enjoy the spectacle of its colorful rock walls at sunset.
- Post that final trip Insta with the world’s best backdrop – no filter needed.
- Stop and smell the evergreen vegetation of Sedona, Arizona while gazing at the red rocks in the distance
- Arrive in Phoenix and check into your hotel
- Say your goodbyes to your new best friends at an included Farewell Dinner
Day 1: Arrival in Salt Lake City & Overnight Park City
Welcome to Utah, home to the “Mighty Five” National Parks: Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches, and Canyonland. Lucky you, you get to explore four of them! We like those odds. Once you land in Salt Lake City, drive to nearby Park City and settle into your hotel before meeting the rest of your group.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy an included dinner with fellow travelers while you get to know one another.
Day 2: Drive to Moab via Canyonland National Park
Today, head south to Moab and begin your great American road trip! Moab is known for its dramatic land formations, and acts as a gateway to great National Parks like Arches and Canyonland. Make sure you charge your camera and lay out your adventure outfit tonight, because tomorrow you get to explore it all!
Day 3: Arches National Park
Today’s the day! Arches National Park is home to more than 2,000 natural sandstone arches. After a guided tour through the parks, enjoy free time on your own to explore all they have to offer.
Day 4: Transfer to Kanab via Bryce Canyon National Park
Make your way through scenic southwestern Utah to tour Bryce Canyon National Park by bus and your own two feet. The park’s crimson-colored rock formation, pink limestone, arches, natural bridges, are more will make you wish you were a sandstone formation so that you could stay in the park forever and ever. You’ll spend the next two nights in Kanab, a city in southwestern Utah that has attracted filmmakers for decades by way of its scenic natural backdrop.
Day 5: Zion National Park
Today you will take a tour of Zion National Park, Utah’s first—and some say most beautiful—national park, located at the intersection of the Great Basin, the Colorado Plateaus, and the Mojave Desert.
Day 6: Las Vegas
Head to Las Vegas and join your Tour Director for an evening tour of the legendary Las Vegas Strip. We can’t guarantee you an Elvis Wedding or a penthouse suite in Caesar’s Palace, but we think you’ll still have a great time. Afterwards, the night is yours!
Day 7: Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
Embrace the heat today with a full day exploring Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, a sandstone, geological conservation area in Nevada’s Mojave Desert. Take in the sprawling panoramic views of this wonder!
Day 8: Transfer to Flagstaff via Seven Magic Mountains & Old Route 66
If you’ve ever pictured yourself in an old Western cowboy movie, today is your day. En route to Arizona, stop on the Old Route 66, one of America’s original highways. If you’re on your best behavior, we’ll stop to let you live out your rootin-est tootin-est dreams. Just kidding, you get to stop and check it out no matter what.
Day 9: Grand Canyon National Park
What better way to end the grand tour than with the grandest of canyons? That’s right, today is a full day in the Grand Canyon. A Natural Wonder of the World, the Grand Canyon is carved out by the Colorado River, and its miles of different colored rock layers are a testament to the billions (yes, billions) of years of geology and nature. And hey, it’s not too bad on the eyes either.
Day 10: Travel to Sedona, Phoenix, & Farewell Dinner
This is it folks, your last day on the road. Get sentimental listening to that road trip playlist, stare out the window in deep reflection, and journal in your journal like a true road-tripper as you drive to your final destination, Phoenix, Arizona. But first, stop in sunny Sedona for a last look at the red rocks and bright green trees of the great American West.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 11: Travel Home
Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– or –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Just go, you won't regret itTaylor Hall, traveled Jun 2021
The trip was well organized and so BEAUTIFUL. Alex our tour guide was absolutely outstanding! Sometimes it's easy to forget how gorgeous your own country is. Go on this trip and appreciate how pretty mother nature really is.
Challenge YourselfMarissa Smoller, traveled Aug 2021
This trip was mentally, physically, and emotionally taxing in the best possible way! This trip includes a lot of hiking. It is best to prepare ahead of time for the level of physical activity and endurance required to truly enjoy this trip. Due to Covid, we traveled as a group of less than twenty individuals. This allowed all of us to bond with one another a... See more
10/10 AdventureFaith Hirata, traveled Aug 2021
Everything about this trip was amazing, it was truly the trip of a lifetime! Ian was our tour director and he did such a great job of showing us around the parks and by the last day the group was like one big happy family. we went to so many great restaurants and almost all of the towns were awesome to explore (except Kanab, that town was a little odd but di... See more
A Hikers DreamAnonymous, traveled Aug 2021
This is an absolutely amazing trip for all the hikers! This trip takes you through the national parks and makes it easy. I definitely recommend it for people who are active/hikers. This trip will test your physical strength as well as mentality to push yourself to do more. Every hike was absolutely worth it in the end. There was enough free time as well to e... See more