Ignite your curiosity with the best of the west. Look up at the tallest trees, out at the driest deserts, and down into the grandest canyons. No, you’re not on Mars—you’re in five of North America’s greatest national parks.
Strolling among giants (redwood sequoia trees) in California
Touring the out-of-this-world landscape of Zion National Park
Gazing into the great void of the Grand Canyon at a loss for words
Taking a quick national park break on the Las Vegas strip
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
10 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
Entrance to Yosemite National Park
Riverside walk in Zion National Park
Hiking tour of Bryce Canyon National Park
Full day excursion in Grand Canyon National Park
- Day 1: Arrive in San Francisco + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to California! After you land in the city of more-than-six but less-than-eight hills (catchy new nickname we just made for San Francisco), settle into your hotel and meet the rest of your group before you embark on this great American road trip.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Arrive in San Francisco where you’ll meet an EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers at a Welcome Dinner
- Day 2: Yosemite National Park + Giant Sequoia Trees
Go Sequoiadendron Giganteum, or go home, right? In other words, go see Big Trees, or go home. Today, you get to stroll through the famous sequoia groves of Yosemite National Park, home to the giant sequoia trees. These trees can grow as tall as skyscrapers, live for millennia, and have the thickest bark of all. If you’re lucky enough, you may get to walk through the base of one of these bad boys.
- Board your private bus bound for Yosemite National Park.
- Walk through serene Merced Grove and check out the giant redwood sequoia trees.
- Snap a pic of these gigantic grove-dwellers to inspire the pine tree in your backyard to grow big and tall when you get home #treegoals.
- Check in at your hotel near Yosemite National Park.
- Day 3: Yosemite National Park + Starry Skies Over Yosemite
Lucky you! Today you get to enjoy a full day in Yosemite National Park and learn about Yosemite Valley’s history, geology, and most iconic spots like Half Dome and El Capitan with your Tour Director. After a guided tour through the park to catch the must-sees, enjoy free time on your own to explore all the park has to offer.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Yosemite National Park with your Tour Director.
- Drive up Inspiration Point for phenomenal photos of Half Dome and El Capitan, granite icons of the Yosemite Valley.
- Take in the sweeping sights at the iconic Tunnel View lookout while it takes your breath away.
- Enjoy free time to explore the park’s many natural wonders.
- Day 4: Travel to Las Vegas
You’ve been up, now it’s time for some down. Enjoy the endless views of desert wonders on your route to Las Vegas and prepare yourself for Sin City!
- Arrive in Las Vegas and check into your hotel for a night out.
- Day 5: Las Vegas Sightseeing
Enjoy a free day in Las Vegas before joining your Tour Director for an evening tour of the legendary Las Vegas Strip. We can’t guarantee you an Elvis Wedding or a penthouse suite in Caesar’s Palace, but we think you’ll still have a great time. Afterwards, the night is yours!
- Pass by the famous replicas of the Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower and check out the gold MGM lion statue.
- Admire the Venetian and the Bellagio, two of Las Vegas’ most iconic casinos and hotels.
- Have a staring contest with the Luxor Sphinx before continuing to the older parts of Las Vegas for a short walking tour on Fremont Street, a famous casino street.
- Day 6: Zion National Park
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but you happen to be moving on to Utah. Once you arrive in Zion, take a tour of Zion National Park, Utah’s first—and some say most beautiful—national park, located at the intersection of the Great Basin, the Colorado Plateaus, and the Mojave Desert.
- Travel to Zion National Park, Utah’s first National Park.
- Walk the same Zion trails blazed by native Anasazi people thousands of years ago.
- Stare in wonder at 2,000-foot-high sandstone cliffs that line the canyon you’re in.
- Stay overnight in Kanab, the gateway city to the Grand Canyon.
- Day 7: Bryce National Park
The Utah fun continues! Make your way through scenic southwestern Utah to tour Bryce Canyon National Park by bus and your own two feet. The park’s crimson-colored rock formation, pink limestone, arches, natural bridges, are more will make you wish you were a sandstone formation so that you could stay in the park forever and ever.
- Explore Bryce Canyon National Park with your Tour Director.
- Get up-close and personal with the funky pink limestone and sandstone formations.
- Feel inspired by the nature-made arches, bridges, and pinnacles known as hoodoos that dot the sprawling national park.
- Rest up after a long day of “ooh-ing” and “aah-ing” at your hotel nearby.
- Day 8: Travel to Flagstaff
Say goodbye to Utah and hello to Arizona! En route to Arizona, gaze out the window and dream about tomorrow’s day at the Grand Canyon. Enjoy a photo stop or two that are sure to be Instagram worthy.
- Check in at your hotel in Flagstaff, Arizona to chill out for the night.
- Day 9: Grand Canyon National Park
What better way to end the grand tour than with the grandest of canyons? That’s right, today is a full day in the Grand Canyon. A Natural Wonder of the World, the Grand Canyon is carved out by the Colorado River, and its miles of different colored rock layers are a testament to the billions (yes, billions) of years of geology and nature. And hey, it’s not too bad on the eyes either.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Grand Canyon with your Tour Director.
- Continue on to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon for your first glimpse at the legendary fissure and enjoy the spectacle of its colorful rock walls at sunset.
- Post that final trip Insta with the world’s best backdrop – no filter needed.
- Day 10: Travel to Sedona + Phoenix + Farewell Dinner
This is it folks, your last day on the road. Get sentimental listening to that road trip playlist, stare out the window in deep reflection, and journal in your journal like a true road-tripper as you drive to your final destination, Phoenix, Arizona. But first, stop in sunny Sedona for a last look at the red rocks and bright green trees of the great American West.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Stop and smell the evergreen vegetation of Sedona, Arizona while gazing at the red rocks in the distance
- Arrive in Phoenix and check into your hotel
- Say your goodbyes to your new best friends at an included Farewell Dinner
- Day 11: Travel Home
Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– or –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 4.9 out of 5
Based on 40 authentic traveler reviews
Just go, you won't regret itTaylor, traveled Jun.. 2021
The trip was well organized and so BEAUTIFUL. Alex our tour guide was absolutely outstanding! Sometimes it's easy to forget how gorgeous your own country is. Go on this trip and appreciate how pretty mother nature really is.
Best Tour Director (Craig)Hernan, traveled May. 2022
This was an amazing experience and everything was run smoothly thanks to my tour director Craig. He is such an amazing person and truly made the traveling experience a lot better. He was very knowledgeable and kind hearted.
My first EF experienceMariah, traveled May. 2022
I loved this trip so much the itinerary was perfect and seeing all the parks was amazing. My tour director Craig made everything so much easier and so much more fun. He went above and beyond and worked endlessly to make my experience even better.
GET YOUR HIKING BOOTS AND BOOK THE TRIP!Marcella, traveled May. 2022
Absolutely fell in love with this trip. Checked most national parks from my bucket list… the tour guide was absolutely amazing! My biggest fear coming on this trip was making friends, thankfully I had the best roommate and made some amazing friends and connections from all over the world .. wish I could relive it all over, amazing 10 days ❤️