Canadian Rockies: Banff to Vancouver
From $2979 with flightsPayments as low as $103
Spend nine days exploring the glittering lakes, sky-high peaks, and seaside cities that make up southwest Canada. From rugged Banff National Park to coastal Vancouver, discover the diversity of Canada and why it is simultaneously the hottest and coolest place to be. After hiking past glaciers, lakes, and peaks in Banff, head to the Canadian Rockies for unmatched views of jagged ice-capped peaks. Once you have your fill of fresh air, go west toward Kelowna and Vancouver for a taste of Okanagan wine country and seaport-metropolis living.
Enjoying Banff National Park, Banff Upper Hot Springs, Banff Gondola, and never getting tired of saying “Banff”
Getting stoked in Revelstoke and Glacier National Park as you drive through the Canadian Rockies
Taking in epic views of pure, unfiltered Canadian nature
Touring the multicultural, multidimensional, multi-things-to-do city of Vancouver
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
8 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
Entrance to Banff National Park
Okanagan Lake Cruise
- Day 1: Arrive in Calgary + Welcome Dinner
O Canada! Known for its hockey, maple syrup, and stunning scenery straight out of a National Geographic Magazine, the Great White North will leave you breathless.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner with fellow travelers. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Arrive in Calgary where you’ll meet an EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Day 2: Explore Banff Town
Dust off your Canadian cowboy boots this morning with a tour of Calgary before driving to Canada’s main attraction, Big Bad Banff. In this town, the Rocky Mountains stand tall above you and the wilderness of Banff National Park calls your name in the distance. Poetic, we know. Oh, and remember, this is just the beginning.
- Travel by bus from Calgary to Banff Town and explore the town before settling into your hotel in Banff region.
- Soak your post-travel, pre-adventure muscles in a 100% natural mineral water hot spring bath at the Banff Upper Hot Springs.
- Ride the Banff Gondola to the peak of Sulphur Mountain, where birds-eye-views of six different mountain ranges await.
- Day 3: Banff National Park + Lake Agnes Teahouse Hike
Today’s limited-edition Banff menu consists of an appetizing scenic drive to Bow Valley Parkway, a wilderness hotspot where you might see elk, deer, bighorn sheep, or even a grizzly bear. Next, dive into the main course at the upper canyon falls of Johnston Canyon where you’ll cross over bridges, waterfalls, ridges, and blue “ink pot” spring pools. And finally, for dessert, feast your eyes on the succulent, turquoise Lake Louise.
- Drive through Bow Valley Parkway, a 51km scenic route that links Banff and Lake Louise.
- Get your GoPro ready for big horn sheep, deer, elk, and grizzly sightings.
- Hear the rushing waters and feel the cool air of Johnston Canyon Upper Falls, as you hike through the steep canyon walls towards the blue pools of the creeks below.
- Breathe in the bounties of Lake Louise with views from the Fairmont, or a stroll around the perimeter.
- Stretch out your legs on a 4.5-mile walk around Lake Agnes, Lake Louise’s neighbor with equally-stunning views.
- Day 4: Lake Louise Gondola + Moraine Lake Shoreline Hike + Canadian Rockies
Didn’t get enough #nofilter shots of glacier lakes yesterday? Don’t fret, you’re going back for more. Hit the mountainous ground running with a drive to see your old friend, Louise. Lake Louise. You’ll ride up a gondola for 2,101m-high views of peaks, valleys, and lakes. Then take in more, yes MORE, natural beauty at Moraine Lake, the best way to appreciate the indigo waters and striking peaks of the alpine valley of Banff.
- Ride the Grizzly Express Gondola to 2,101m (6,893ft) for views of the Rocky Mountains, wildflowers, springs, and wildlife below.
- Hike 3km (1.9 miles) around Moraine Lake and enjoy breathtaking views of Ten Peaks, a dramatic row of summits all over 10,000 feet.
- Continue your adventure in the Canadian Rockies and check in to your accommodation in Golden, BC.
- Day 5: Glacier National Park + Revelstoke + Kelowna
Spoiler: Adventure is still out there! Start your trek in Glacier National Park, part of the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park – because nothing brings people together like 43 sprawling parks and reserves of peaks, glaciers, forests, and alpines. There’s no time to move at a glacial pace today though—there’s too much to see. Like a famous ski resort town known as Canada’s “best winter playground”, for example.
- Drive through Glacier National Park of Canada, stopping to take photos of the snow-capped peaks and sprawling forest.
- Enjoy free time for lunch in Revelstoke, an outdoorsy city nestled between Mount Revelstoke National Park and the Columbia River.
- Arrive in Kelowna, a wine-country city known for its delicious—you guessed it—adult grape juice.
- Day 6: Okanagan Lake Cruise
See Kelowna’s captivating skyline and the diverse landscapes that surround the city from the waters of Okanagan Lake. After admiring the scenery, circle back under the bridge to snap a photo of the sparkling cityscape.
- Enjoy a guided boat ride in Okanagan Lake for views of Kelowna from the water.
- Enjoy the remaining free day
- Day 7: Tour Vancouver
Take in the picturesque views of British Columbia’s coastal range as you travel to the city of Vancouver. You’ll tour this multicultural, cosmopolitan city with your guide before enjoying a free afternoon for exploration at your leisure.
- Drive through downtown Vancouver, Canada’s bustling seaport city with art, theater, music, and more.
- Head to the waterfront to see Canada Place, a sail-inspired building, which houses the Vancouver Convention Center and World Trade Center.
- Pass by Stanley Park and Queen Elizabeth Park to take in spectacular views of the city.
- Enjoy free time to explore Granville Island, located directly across the water from downtown Vancouver.
- Day 8: Free Day in Vancouver or Optional Capilano Suspension Bridge
Today is your last full day in Canada (for now), so live it up! Spend the day exploring the shops, restaurants, and city life of Vancouver, or get a final taste of adventure with an optional excursion to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Vancouver #views guaranteed.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner and drinks with the group.
Capilano Suspension Bridge & Lookout (extra cost)
See Canada from above on Vancouver’s Capilano Suspension Bridge. Stretching 450 feet long, and 230 feet high above the Capilano River, this bridge is as tall as the Statue of Liberty’s shoulder and can hold up to 96 elephants! There’s no better way to spend your last day in Canada than with this epic forest adventure.
- Day 9: Travel Home
Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– or –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 11 authentic traveler reviews
JUST DO IT!!Anonymous, traveled Sep. 2022
Just do it!! You will take in some of the most breathtaking views North America has to offer! You will become a family with your fellow travelers! You WILL have life long, happy memories of this amazing opportunity! Shout out to the best tour guide, Jon, and the nicest bus driver, Jim! Canada will always have my heart 😊
BOOK IT!!!!Brittany, traveled Sep. 2022
10/10 highly recommend this trip! Banff was absolutely amazing to see and EF made seeing so many stops along the way extremely easy and fun! I met some amazing people who I hope to travel again with. Our bus was able to get us to all the spots in Banff, then traveled west over to Vancouver! The sunsets there - beautiful. Overall this was a great mix of activ... See more
BanffAnonymous, traveled Sep. 2022
Overall great experience and great people
Best trip!Anonymous, traveled Sep. 2022
I had the best trip ever! everything was organized for us so we didn't have to worry about anything and anywhere we need to go. I am planning on another trip for next year and I hope Jon (Jonathan) well get to be our tour guide again!