Sail, swim, sleep, repeat. This is what life looks like aboard your private Greek island boat. Add in mouthwatering food, nonstop nightlife, and a touch of ancient ruins, and you’ve got the perfect trip.
Please note that the Captain has the right to adjust the below itinerary according to weather or port conditions, in order to ensure the safety and comfort of the boat and all people on board.
Channeling ancient goddesses atop the Acropolis
Diving off a boat into the clear-blue Aegean Sea
Dancing the night away on a private boat
Biking, hiking, and striking that Greek island pose
Drooling over Greek cuisine on a daily basis
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book 'em yourself)
3 nights in handpicked accommodations
7 nights aboard a Greek island boat
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
Insider Acropolis tour with local guide
- Day 1: Overnight flight
Board your overnight flight to Athens, the cradle of Western Civilization and one of the oldest cities in the world. NBD.
- Day 2: Arrive in Athens
Welcome to Athens! 2,500 years ago, it was kind of a happening place, and still is today—with fewer people in togas walking around.
- Meet an EF representative and fellow travelers as they arrive at the airport.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get acquainted with Athens on a brief walk around the city with your Tour Director.
- Enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with your group.
- Day 3: Tour Athens
Today, you’ll get to know the real Athens with a real local guide. Yeah, it’s gonna be a real good time.
- Step back in time in the historic Acropolis of Athens with your local guide.
- See the Propylaea, the Theatre of Dionysus, and a bunch of other structures you’ll need your guide’s help to pronounce.
- Take in incredible panoramic views of Athens from the citadel’s hilltop vantage point.
Free time suggestions
Ouzo: Sample this local anise-flavored aperitif at an authentic Greek restaurant, locally known as a taverna.
National Archaeology Museum: It’s considered one of the greatest museums in the world, with pieces ranging from Greek sculptures to Egyptian Antiquities.
- Day 4: Set sail
Kiss the mainland goodbye—you’re boarding your 7-day Greek island cruise. Opa! First stop: Cape Sounio (and its show-stopping hilltop temple).
- Head to Lavrio Marina, where you’ll hop on your new home for the week.
- Explore the boat as you make your way to your first island destination.
- Arrive at Cape Sounio, then enjoy a sunset hike to the Temple of Poseidon and night swimming in the bay.
- Enjoy an included dinner with your group.
- Day 5: Free morning + sail to Hydra
Your first full day on the boat is sure to be a memorable one. The best part? How you spend it is up to you.
- Go for a swim, try some water sports, or just chill out during the first morning on board.
- Stop at the Tselevinia Islands for more swimming.
- Enjoy an included lunch on the ship.
- Arrive at the car-free oasis of Hydra where you can grab a bite to eat at a local taverna, then hit the town.
- Day 6: Free day in Hydra + sail to Spetses
The day is yours to explore Hydra, where the streets are cobbled, the donkeys are friendly, and the beaches are calling your name.
- Relax on the boat for the morning or disembark early for a hike around the island before heading to the beach.
- Eat lunch on board as you sail toward Spetses.
- Dock at Spetses and head out to explore and get the lay of the land.
- Day 7: Bike Spetses + sail to Poros
Before the boat leaves for beautiful Poros, you’ll have a few hours to continue enjoying Spetses. Remember, it’s your vacation, so do what your heart desires.
- Bike and swim your way around Spetses.
- Eat lunch on the boat as you sail toward Poros.
- Arrive in Poros and immediately jump into the beyond blue water.
- Hit the town for dinner, drinks, or both.
- Day 8: Sail to Ancient Epidauros + optional sea kayaking adventure
You didn’t really think you’d go to Greece and not visit an ancient Greek theater built over 2,000 years ago, did you?
- Float to Epidauros as you enjoy your breakfast on board.
- Tour the ancient theater with such good acoustics, people can probably hear your thoughts.
- Kick back on the boat for an evening of swimming and good times.
Sea kayaking adventure (extra cost)
Paddle to the Ancient Sunken City for swimming and snorkeling followed by a buffet-style picnic.
- Day 9: Sail to Aegina
Beautiful scenery, delicious food, ancient history, and more perfect beaches—the island of Aegina’s got it all, and today, you can have it all.
- Dock at Aegina and spend the afternoon strolling the picturesque waterfront.
- Try Aegina’s signature food—pistachios! If it’s pistachio ice cream, even better.
- Find a gorgeous beach (you’re in Greece, after all) and make it yours.
- Grab dinner in town and get to know the island’s nightlife.
- Day 10: Sail to Moni Island & Lavrio
At this point, you’ve become a real cruising pro. Just keep doing your thing as you sail to yet another beautiful destination during your final day onboard.
- Cruise to serene, uninhabited Moni Island for another exquisite day in the sun.
- Swim, snorkel, and make your way to the local beach bar.
- Sail back to Lavrio, the start of your cruise, where the night is yours to hit the town.
- Day 11: Explore Athens + Farewell Dinner
Say goodbye to the boat, replace those sea legs with land legs, and use those land legs to explore Athens one more time.
- Disembark your floating home in the morning.
- Enjoy the afternoon in Athens to do as you please.
- Share some laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included Farewell Dinner.
Free time suggestions
Mount Lycabettus: Feel on top of the world at the highest point in Athens and take in stunning views of the city below.
- Day 12: Fly home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s, “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.