If you’re hiking a volcano, ziplining above the trees, and snorkeling with dolphins, you’re probably in Hawaii. And if you’re in Hawaii, you’re probably—no, definitely—having an adventure you’ll never forget.
Flying like a bird, ziplining above the treetops
Playing The Floor is Lava IRL
Eating for the greatest poke bowl of your life
Snorkeling with new friends of the human and dolphin varieties
Partaking in a traditional Hawaiian luau feast
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book 'em yourself)
7 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
Entrance to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Kona coffee farm tour
Ziplining excursion in Hilo
- Day 1: Arrive in Kailua-Kona
Aloha! Get ready for an action-packed week on one of the world’s most isolated islands, praised and sought-after by travelers around the globe.
- Arrive at the airport in Kailua-Kona where you’ll meet an EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Day 2: Explore Kailua-Kona & Welcome Lūʻau
If Kailua-Kona (or Kona, as the locals call it) was good enough for King Kamehameha I, it’s good enough for you. Once a political capital, and later a royal family vacation spot, it’s easy to see what drew Hawaiian royalty here. It’s got it all: turquoise water, black sand beaches, and more palm trees than you can shake a Spam musubi at.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Lūʻau. Enjoy local Hawaiian cuisine in an authentic setting with fellow travelers.
- Take in the sights, smells, and stories of Kailua-Kona on a walking tour.
- Stop on Ali’i Drive for souvenir shopping and lunch—fresh ʻahi (yellowfin tuna), anyone?
- Cruise along the crystal clear waters of the Kohala Coast to snorkel and try and spot dolphins!
- Keep the festivities going at a Welcome Lua’u.
- Day 3: Kona Coffee Tour & Optional Manta Ray Evening Snorkel
Learn how coffee goes from plant to bean to brew during a Kona Coffee Tour. Sip on Hawaii’s prized Kona java brewed from the coffee cherries grown in mountainous and volcanic soil. Afterwards, you can choose to partake in an optional snorkeling adventure with the majestic manta rays.
- Caffeinate. Kona. Coffee. Now say that three times fast.
- Learn why Hawaii’s java is so expensive. You’ve got to taste it to believe it.
- Embark on an optional snorkeling adventure with manta rays.
Manta Ray Snorkel (extra cost)
Join a snorkel guide on this unforgettable wildlife encounter…at night. You’ll float above these majestic creatures as they somersault and glide through the water beneath you. Snacks and snorkel gear included.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than thirty-five days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 4: Beach Day in Kona
Kailua-Kona is renowned for its beaches, and you’ll have the full day to enjoy them at your leisure.
- Soak up the laid-back lifestyle of Kailua-Kona at one of its sandy beaches.
- Day 5: Punalu'u Black Sand Beach & Tour Hilo
Aloha Kona, Aloha Hilo! Prepare for the adrenaline-filled days ahead complete with Black Sand beaches, volcanoes, ziplining, and more. Hilo is the largest settlement on the Big Island, and boasts epic waterfalls and tranquil gardens in addition to its adrenaline-packed activities.
- Snap an envy-worthy insta’ at Black Sand Beach on your way from Kailua-Kona to Hilo.
- Try to spot sea turtles in their natural habitat and count how many you can find.
- Play Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s version of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” on Spotify while you gaze at the 80-foot Rainbow Falls waterfall.
- Observe Japanese influence on Hawaiian culture at the Lili’uokalani Gardens’ many pagodas, ponds, and Shinto gates.
- Day 6: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park & Crater Rim Trail
Today might just be the best day of your life. You get to visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and hike through some of the world’s most unique landscapes and active volcanoes. If that’s not enough to get your heart pumping, take a walk on the wild side at Crater Rim Trail. They say that the presence of gasses and steam on the trail confirms that Pele, the volcano goddess, still resides here.
*Please note: The precise combination of trails we hike this day may vary based on local logistics and weather conditions.*
- Get to know the Big Island’s two most famous active volcanoes: Kilauea, and Mauna Kea, on a morning hike through the park.
- Remain calm when you realize you’re in the presence of a celebrity—Mauna Kea is the world’s largest above-water volcano.
- Marvel at vistas, desert terrains, and rain forest on Crater’s Rim, a trail circling Kilauea's summit caldera.
- Day 7: Ziplining & Farewell Dinner
Today is your last full day on the island, so it’s time to live it up! Get the adrenaline pumping this morning ziplining up to 65 miles per hour over rushing waterfalls, suspension bridges, and treetops, all while taking in panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. And then top it all off with an included farewell dinner.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell feast and drinks with the group.
- Spend the morning cruising above the trees and waterfalls on a zipline adventure.
- Find the perfect Aloha shirt in town for your Farewell Dinner in the evening.
- Day 8-9: Fly & Arrive Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “A hui ho” or “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– or –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 4.8 out of 5
Based on 56 authentic traveler reviews
One of the best vacationsAnonymous, traveled Sep. 2021
This is one of the best trips I've taken. So well planned and executed. It has a more relaxed itinerary yet it covers everything you need to see on the island. Great tour guide and a whole bunch of wonderful people I'll be taking back as friends. Highly recommend the trip!
Do It!Anonymous, traveled Sep. 2023
This trip pushed me out of my comfort zone and was so adventurous. I loved every second of it and Ehitu was amazing. He shared so much knowledge and insight that supplemented the trip.
Amazing! Mahalo HawaiiAnonymous, traveled Sep. 2023
This is my 3rd time traveling the world with EF and it was incredible! The itinerary had the perfect balance between activities and free time to explore on your own. Everyone in our group got along really well. We met as strangers and left as friends. Our Tour Director Ehitu was great and being a local he gave recs beyond the tourist-y stuff, which I always ... See more
YOLO!!!!Twanneshia, traveled Sep. 2023
For my 30th birthday, I achieved the top item on my bucket list, and it was truly an unforgettable experience! Remember to live your life to the fullest.