It’s time to dive into Britain to see what all the Great is about. Get things off to a royal start with London’s iconic sights and world-class pubs before moving on to medieval Edinburgh, where storybook castles and the Scottish Highlands will capture your imagination.
Looking out at Big Ben from high atop the London Eye
Hiking through the picturesque Scottish Highlands
Feeling like royalty as you explore Edinburgh Castle
Walking Abbey Road, harnessing your inner Beatle
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book 'em yourself)
6 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
2 insider tours with a local guide
Entrance to Edinburgh Castle
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for London. Get ready to see The Clock Tower, home of Big Ben, which is actually the bell inside the tower. #LondonFacts
- Day 2: Arrive in London + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Europe! Your bus transfer will be waiting at the airport when you arrive. Today is the day to adjust, make new friends and start the journey right.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Arrive in London and transfer to your accommodation.
- Take a brief walk of the area with your group’s personal Tour Director.
- Day 3: Tour London + Optional London Eye & Tea
Experience London’s most iconic sites with a local guide for a walking tour of the city.
Take the rest of the day to return to any of these sites or find some favorites of your own.
- See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, all the while hearing about their unique stories from your local guide.
- Learn how to tell if the King is home at Buckingham Palace.
- Check out the medieval Tower of London juxtaposed against the modern cityscape.
London Eye & Tea (extra cost)
Ride Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel for panoramic views before enjoying a traditional English tea.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than fourteen days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 4: Enjoy a Free Day in London
Take the day to explore. Walk through some of the many royal gardens, shop on Oxford Street, go for high tea, or explore the city by foot. At 607 square miles, the city is an easy place to get your 10,000 steps in. Looking for a different perspective? See the city by boat and by giant ferris wheel during an optional excursion.
- Walk the cobblestone streets of London.
- Explore Piccadilly Circus. You won’t find clowns and trapeze artists here. Just shopping and all the entertainment your heart desires.
- Sip on a cup of English Breakfast at high tea—don’t forget, pinky’s up!
- Day 5: Travel to Edinburgh
All aboard! Catch your train from King's Cross Station to Edinburgh, Scotland. Upon arrival, you’ll have the rest of the day to explore on your own. Catch live music in a pub, tour the haunted vaults below the city, hike to Arthur's Seat, and take in a city that feels too magical to actually exist in real life.
- Disappear into Platform 9¾ at King's Cross Station, where you'll board your train for Edinburgh.
- Watch the lush countryside and stunning sea roll by on your dreamlike journey to Scotland.
Free time suggestions
Brew Lab: This specialty shop serves up delicious artisanal coffee. It’s also the perfect place to sample the wares of some other indie Edinburgh icons, including soup from Union of Genius and cakes from Lovecrumbs.
Arthur’s Seat: Visible from pretty much everywhere in the city, this extinct volcanic peak is a relatively easy hike with a killer view.
Old Town: Walk the winding streets lined with everything from candy-colored shops to local pubs to souvenir shops.
- Day 6: Tour Edinburgh
Built on two extinct volcanoes, Edinburgh is an enchanting labyrinth of narrow alleyways, cozy pubs, and storybook castles. You'll get an in-depth look at Scottish history and modern day life with a guided sightseeing tour of the city and castle.
- View the Scottish Crown Jewels in Edinburgh Castle.
- Walk the Great Hall and see the armor, swords and medieval decor that line the walls.
- Visit the Elephant House Cafe, where the first Harry Potter book was written.
- Day 7: The Scottish Highlands*
Spend the day exploring the Scottish Highlands*. Its beauty is everywhere, so take in the view and a deep breath—because this is Scotland’s great outdoors.
*Excursion only offered May–October. Travelers on tours departing outside of these months will have the opportunity to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia instead.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Journey to Winterfell by visiting Doune Castle, which was used as a filming location for Game of Thrones, as well as Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Outlander.
- Take a stroll through Trossachs National Park, which features the biggest freshwater body in the UK.
- Enjoy the scenery as you drive through the rolling meadows and mountain ranges of the Scottish countryside.
- Day 8: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 4.7 out of 5
Based on 137 authentic traveler reviews
Absolutely wonderful!Ashley, traveled Mar. 2020
I just returned from a trip to England and Scotland - it was phenomenal! The experiences and itinerary alone were more than enough to recommend the tour. But more notable was the response to the declaration of a pandemic. Something I’m sure is always prepared for but never actually had to be implemented. The company offered several options to move and change... See more
EF made it so easy to travel abroad!Anonymous, traveled Sep. 2023
First time traveling abroad and Ef made it so easy!
Amazing First Time Experience!Gha Woon, traveled Sep. 2023
It was super fun! It was my first time in Europe and our Tour Director Jaime took care of us really well! We hit everything I've wanted to see/go and with the free days, I was able to do things I specifically wanted to see! Would highly reccommend our tour director Jaime and this package if it's your first time!
London/Edinburgh TripAnonymous, traveled Sep. 2023
Such a great trip!! Made a lot of great memories and met some awesome people along the way. Loved how EF set up the trip to see all the most popular tourist activities. However, I would've loved to see more local gems.