There’s more to Colombia than meets the eye. On the surface, the colors—both natural and man-made—will stop you in your tracks. Dig a little deeper, and the country’s long and complicated history will captivate you. Feast on local cuisine, and you might just end up calling home to say you’re never leaving.
What are the top highlights?
- Hike, zipline, and wave to sloths in Chicaque Natural Park
- Climb 650 feet to the top of the Rock of Guatapé and score some serious Colombia #views
- Immerse yourself in Bogotá’s open-air museum, AKA the street art scene
- Treat your taste buds to all kinds of Colombian cuisine, and by all kinds of Colombian cuisine we mean arepas
- Lounge in the sun on a sandy beach and snorkel in the crystal-clear Caribbean waters of Barú Island
- Visit Comuna 13, a once notorious neighborhood in Medellín that has transformed into a center of art and culture
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with food & drinks
- Dinner on first night in Medellín
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Entrance to national parks, Medellín Botanical Garden & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Fly to Bogotá
Here we go, people. Time to brush up on that Spanish, prep all five of your senses, and board your flight to Bogotá, Colombia.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel, check out your room, and start to meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Settle in for the night and get ready for a full day in Bogotá tomorrow.
- Day 2: Tour Bogotá
Has it hit you yet? You’re in Bogotá, Colombia, the third-highest capital city in the world (8,660 ft above sea level). Which makes sense when you realize you’re actually chillin’ in the Andes mountains. One look at the city’s architecture reveals that Bogotá is new and old. It’s lively and peaceful, a true microcosm of Colombia and one of South America’s greatest urban destinations.
- Join your Tour Director on a tour of La Candelaria, Bogotá’s historic quarter.
- Feast your eyes on the impressive array of (legal) street art and then walk through Bogotá’s (also legal) main square, Plaza Bolívar.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
- Take the funicular up to Monserrate, a hill that overlooks the city, and enjoy some free time with a side of views