Greeks to Thailand
From $3619 with flightsPayments as low as $156
If you’re wondering what it takes for a country to earn the nickname the Land of Smiles, you’ll find the answer in Thailand. On this 10-day trip, the question isn’t if you should go, but how fast can you pack your bags to get there. Equal parts exotic paradise, culinary delight, and all-around friendliest place in the world, Thailand is begging to be explored.
Getting your fill of Thai street food as you wander through famous night markets
Dancing the nights away on the beaches of Phuket
Waving to some curious primates on Monkey Beach
Cruising through the 42 islands of Phang Nga Bay
Beholding the Grand Palace and its intricate gold buildings, temples, and statues
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
8 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
Entrance to Grand Palace
Day cruise to Phang-Nga Bay National Park
Motor boat excursion on the Chao Phraya River
- Day 1: Fly to Bangkok
Board your overnight flight, bound for Thailand! It’s a long haul, but will be well worth it. For now, sit back, relax, and practice some yoga. Try corpse pose, which, is essentially sleeping. You’ll be arriving at night the next day, so be ready to hit the hay and rest up for the coming adventures.
- Day 2: Arrive in Bangkok
Welcome to the other City of Angels—Bangkok! Home to ancient temples, nonstop nightlife, and stunning architecture, Thailand’s capital city has it all, including a dinosaur theme park in the middle of the city. While you’re coming in at night, you’ll have plenty of time throughout your trip to treat yourself to a Thai massage, and as much street food and Thai iced tea as humanly possible.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodations and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Rest up for the adventures to come.
- Day 3: Tour Bangkok
Bangkok is one of the world’s top travel destinations, and you’ll soon understand why. Explore the city with your Tour Director the way it was meant to be seen: by river. This city isn’t called the “Venice of the East” for nothing. Today, you’ll visit one of the most important Buddhist temples in Thailand, the Grand Palace. Pro tip: if you were thinking of going commando to beat the heat, don’t. In Bangkok, it’s illegal to leave the house without underwear. The more you know!
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!.
- Get to know Bangkok with your Tour Director when they lead a sightseeing tour of the city.
- Coast down the Chao Phraya River on a boat tour and see why gelato has nothing to do with Bangkok being referred to as the “Venice of the East.”
- Visit the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, located on the grounds of the Grand Palace, and say hey to a very famous green figurine that many believe protects the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Soak in some ancient history at the Temple of Dawn, a colorful sanctuary on the banks of the Chao Phraya that’s been around since the 17th century.
- Day 4: Fly to Phuket + Free Time
You’re headed to Phuket, where there’s an abundance of white sand and palm trees, but, there’s more to Phuket than incredible beaches and views for days. This place is steeped in ancient history, rich culture, and endless nature. So if you need a break from the beach to shake the sand out of your hair, check out some of the island’s museums and historic spots.
- Fly to Thailand’s largest island, Phuket.
- Explore the area, and stick your toes in the sand of any of the 20+ beaches.
- Grab a cocktail, and a seat and just say “this is the life” over and over.
- Hit the beach, town, or pillow and spend the evening however you’d like.
Free time suggestions
Bangla Road Nightlife: When the sun goes down, and the roads close to vehicle traffic, Bangla Road is the place to be. Loud music. Cheap beer. Neon lights. It’s like an outdoor club…except the drinks are affordable.
Museum Mania: With beaches and endless amounts of nightlife around, visiting a museum might sound like the last thing you’d want to do. But Phuket has a museum for everyone, like the Phuket Seashell Museum and the Phuket Trickeye Museum, an interactive 3D exhibition.
- Day 5: Explore Ao Phang Nga National Park
Get ready, you’re headed to the. MOST. INSTAGRAMMABLE. PLACE. EVER. Phang Nga Bay. This bay is home to the James Bond Island, named not because it likes things shaken not than stirred, but because it’s where "Man with the Golden Gun" was filmed. Spend the day exploring the islands during an unforgettable excursion to Ao Phang Nga National Park.
- Cruise through the islands, and see if you can count all 42.
- Swim in the Bay and practice your breast stroke.
- Kayak through room-like tidal caves, and see some of Thailand’s hidden wonders.
- Release decorative flower floats called Kratongs into the naturally luminescent water after dark for a truly unique experience.
- Enjoy an included buffet lunch and dinner on your dreamy excursion.
- Day 6: Enjoy a Free Day in Phuket + Optional Captain Bob's Cruise
Another day in paradise. Another day to do what you want. What’s that you say? You want to sit on the beach with a drink in hand and laugh at all your friends and family back home who are busy working, or going to school, or getting into an argument over the season finale of some show? Trust your gut. Laugh away. And then, sunscreen up! Or, you can take a cruise with Captain Bob for a full day of adventure on an optional excursion.
- Wake up whenever you want, to do whatever you want, because today is all yours.
- Expand your culinary palette with Tom Yam Goong and Thai spring rolls.
- Treat yo’ self to another massage—or seven—you’ll never get prices like this back home.
Free time suggestions
Triple Threat: Walk to Kho Sam Head, AKA “Hill of the Three Beaches,” for stunning views of three picturesque bays.
Cabaret with the Ladyboys: The Ladyboy Cabaret shows are exactly what they sound like, and they’re something you have to see to appreciate. Think bright lights, great costumes, and nonstop entertainment.
Captain Bob's Cruise (extra cost)
Cruise around Phi Phi’s lagoons and bays. You’ll stop at Monkey Beach, go deep into the Viking caves at Phi Phi Leh Island, watch the sunset in Wang Long Bay, and return to Camp bar for an afterparty.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 7: Experience the Phi Phi Islands
Enjoy a full day on the pristine Phi Phi Islands. Depart from Phuket and escape to paradise via private speed boat.
- Snorkel as vibrant fish surround you on Phi Phi Don.
- Observe hundreds of monkeys lining the beach and climbing the cliffs. Toss bananas to them from your boat before continuing on to Maya Bay.
- Arrive at your final stop, Maya Bay on Phi Phi Ley, where Leonardo DiCaprio filmed The Beach.
- Swim by towering limestone cliffs, aquamarine water and colorful long-tail boats.
- Return to Phuket for a relaxing evening, or hit the town to keep the party going.
- Day 8: Free Morning in Phuket + Thai Cooking Class
There is plenty to do on the island of Phuket, and the morning is yours. Your Tour Director can suggest activities or you can explore on your own. After a morning of exploring, learn to cook in this class some of the most famous Thai dishes and walk away with a full stomach, a Thai cook book and new found knowledge of Thai cuisine.
- Learn about the essential herbs, vegetables and sauces used in Thai cooking during an included Thai cooking class.
Free time suggestions
Thai massage: Spas abound throughout Thailand, but where better to unwind with a spa day than an island getaway?
Beach loungin’: Simply be present in this beautiful destination fit for a postcard.
- Day 9: Fly to Bangkok + Farewell Dinner
We’re taking you back to the beginning, where this whole adventure began: Bangkok. Sort of poetic, isn’t it?
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Shake off any remaining sand—you’re back in the big city now.
- Arrive in Bangkok, and make the most of your last day in paradise.
- Revisit your favorite sites or to check off your final to-do’s from your Thailand bucket list.
- Day 10: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.