Experience true Caribbean paradise in the Dominican Republic. Strap in for eight days of exploring, eating, dancing, and relaxing on white-sand beaches as you explore your way through your new favorite island.
Sipping a fruity drink, gazing out at the Caribbean Sea
Relaxing on one of the many pristine beaches in Punta Cana
Learning to surf at one of the DR's white sandy beaches
Snorkeling and swimming alongside new friends—the fish, of course
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
7 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
Roundtrip beach transfer
Cayo Arena snorkeling tour
- Day 1: Fly to Santiago
Board your flight to Santiago, the second-largest city in the Dominican Republic and a tropical hotspot for Caribbean cigars and rum. You’ve got a week of adventure ahead of you. So sit back, get some rest, and start quietly chanting “DR” to the confused person next to you on the plane.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation in Santiago and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Day 2: Tour Santiago + Welcome Dinner
Get a proper introduction to the DR with a local guide who knows the ins and outs of Santiago de los Caballeros.
Free Time Suggestion:
Centro León: Visit this modern museum filled with exhibits on local ecology, art & history. Extend your visit with a trip to the on-site garden and restaurant.
- Participate in a street art walking tour where art and urban exploration combine.
- Explore Santiago on your own.
- Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travelers.
- Day 3: Travel to Cabarete
Slow things down a bit at the resort town of Cabarete. It’s right along the beach, only has one major street, and is the watersport capital of the country. Kitesurfers, windsurfers, and even boring ol’ regular surfers hit the waves all day every day. But don’t worry—there’s plenty of room for non-watersport activities, too.
- Put on your relaxation hat and travel by bus to Cabarete.
- Spend the afternoon and evening doing exactly what you want to do.
- Day 4: Relax in Cabarete + Optional Surf's Up!
Another day in paradise, another day to soak up all the fun in the sun. Continue watching the surfers drop in, hang ten, and rip (#sickbro). And if you’re really into it, ask them for their tips and tricks. If not, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the beach.
- Make your way to Cayo Arena, an islet and snorkeler’s paradise off the coast.
- Snorkel and swim with your new fish friends.
- Spend the rest of the afternoon as you please, on the white-sand beaches of the Dominican Republic.
Surf's Up! (extra cost)
Time to get like, totally radical, dudes and dudettes! Lend your ear to a local pro surfer for a lesson, then try it for yourself. You’ll be riding those gnarly waves before you know it.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 5: Travel to Punta Cana
It’s time to head to the most sought after tourist destination of the Caribbean, Punta Cana! Known for its picturesque beaches, which are lined with palm trees. This is pure Instagram-able heaven.
- Travel by bus to Punta Cana.
- Get comfortable at your new accommodation in this beach-y paradise.
- Day 6: Beach day in Punta Cana
This day is exactly what you think it is, folks. Your Tour Director will set up round-trip transportation for you to explore one of the many stunning beaches in Punta Cana.
- Travel by bus to a local beach where you can swim or chill in the sand.
- Go in search of a cold drink to cool off after a few hours at the beach.
- Day 7: Free day in Punta Cana
This is it, friends. Your last full day in the DR. At this point, you know how to relax on the beach…so, do your thing.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Hit the beach for one final day of saying “life’s a beach” to everyone around you.
- Reminisce and revisit the best parts of the trip with your travel squad.
- Day 8: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends! Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.