What fills you with wonder? Is it diverse landscapes and cityscapes? Endangered species in their natural habitat? A four-century-old architectural masterpiece, or simply a peaceful moment in child’s pose? Whatever it is, you’ll find it in wonderful, golden India.
Marveling at the beauty of the Taj Mahal at sunset
Testing your tolerance for spice as you explore local cuisine
Spotting an endangered, awe-inspiring Bengal tiger
Finding your zen during a morning yoga session
Painting the town pink in the Pink City of Jaipur
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
1 train ride
6 nights in handpicked accommodations
5 dinners, including 2 at private homes
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
Insider tour of Delhi with local guide
A safari through Ranthambore National Park
Bollywood movie viewing at the Raj Mandir Cinema
2 guided yoga classes
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Jai ho, jai ho it’s off to India you go! Lay back and catch some shut eye on your overnight flight, it’s a long one, but from the minute you step off the plane in Delhi, you’ll know that it’s totally worth it.
This tour requires a visa for U.S. citizens. Check entry requirements or call us with questions at 800-766-2645.
- Day 2: Arrive in Delhi
Welcome to India! You’re in Delhi: one the largest and most storied cities in the country. For thousands of years, empires from across Asia and Europe have strived to rule this land, each leaving their mark in the form of Muslim mosques, Mughal palaces, and even a love for British cricket.
You’ll be arriving late, so focus on resting up as much as possible for the exciting day ahead of you.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Delhi + Humayun’s Tomb + Welcome Dinner
Delhi is an ancient and exquisite trip for the senses. Prepare your nostrils for the delicious scents of baking breads called paratha, your eyes for the remains of the eight different cities that have occupied this land, and your ears for the sound of a bustling city that never stops moving.
- Go on a tour of the city that includes a stop at the Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in India—and a relic of past Muslim rule.
- Pass by the majestic Red Fort, an ornate 400-year-old palace from which the president of India gives a speech each year on Indian Independence Day.
- Hold on to your mechanical horses on a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi.
- Find your inner Zen with a visit to a Buddhist meditation center—you may participate as much or as little as you’d like during a traditional prayer ceremony.
- Stop along the way to see the lavish Tomb of Emperor Humayun—the first garden tomb in India, and the inspiration for the Taj Mahal.
- In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Dinner with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot.
- Day 4: Taj Mahal + Home-hosted Dinner
Today’s the day. An encounter with that most famous symbol of India beloved by all. No, not chicken tikka masala; we’re talking about the Taj Mahal. This massive mausoleum was built in the 1600s as a tomb for Emperor Shah Jahan’s wife, and remains one of the most recognizable buildings anywhere in the world.
- Let the ivory and marble of the iconic domes dazzle you on a sunset tour of the Taj Mahal—trust us, it’s infinitely more beautiful as the sun goes down.
- Learn how to tell your dals from your chaats at a scrumptious home hosted dinner in Agra.
- Day 5: Yoga Lesson + Travel to Ranthambore
Rise and shine! Things are looking up, and your downward dog pose is looking immaculate. Yes, you’re starting the morning off with a yoga lesson, then it’s off to Ranthambore—known as a wildlife sanctuary and one of the best places in India to see the elusive Bengal tiger.
- Work that chaturanga! Own that lotus pose! Start things off with a morning yoga lesson—fact: even the word yoga originated in ancient India.
- Travel to Ranthambore via train and study up on your tiger facts in anticipation of tomorrow.
- Arrive in Ranthambore and enjoy an included dinner and drinks.
- Day 6: Ranthambore National Park Game Drive + Travel to Jaipur
In 1973, the Indian government initiated Project Tiger: a conservation project to protect the nation’s Bengal tiger population. Thankfully, it has been a smashing success, and Ranthambore National Park has become one of the best Project Tiger parks to catch a glimpse of these elusive and endangered big cats.
- Get an early start and embark on a pre-breakfast safari on the prowl for Ranthambore’s abundant leopards, crocodiles, sloth bears, macaques, hyenas, and of course: Bengal tigers.
- Return to the hotel for breakfast and board your bus for Jaipur—the next waypoint on India’s Golden Triangle.
- Chow down on an included dinner in Jaipur.
- Add some culture to your trip with a viewing of a Bollywood movie in the famous Raj Mandir Cinema—an experience crafted to make all guests feel like royalty.
- Day 7: Morning Yoga + Explore Jaipur + Cooking Demonstration
Everything in Jaipur is pink. It’s not because of some gender reveal party gone wrong, it’s on purpose. When Prince Albert visited the city under British rule in the 1870s, the whole city was painted pink to welcome him, and remains that way to this day.
- Wake up your brain and body with a morning yoga session—it’s never too early to align your chakras.
- Discover why everything is prettier in pink as you explore Jaipur with a local guide, entering Jaipur City Palace and the local markets.
- Shop like a local in Bapu Bazaar, one of the world’s premiere destinations for precious stones and gems.
- Join an aristocratic Indian family for a traditional cooking demonstration and a chance to don a sari as you enjoy the fruits of your culinary labor.
- Day 8: Amber Fort Excursion + Return to Delhi + Overnight Flight Home
On your final day in India, you’re going for the royal hat trick: three different palaces. Each unique, each likely to make you gasp at their beauty in a different way. And then, it’s back to Delhi for goodbyes and preparation for your overnight flight back home.
- Find out why the stacked Hawa Mahal is called the “Palace of the Breeze.”
- Get proof that magic exists when you see the floating Jal Mahal on Man Sagar Lake.
- Take a 4x4 up to the top of the imposing 1,000+ year-old Amber (or Amer) Fort, strategically situated over a desert oasis.
- Return to your roots in Delhi.
- Board your overnight flight home. It’ll likely leave late, but you may use the hotel’s day room until your ride to the airport is ready.
- Day 9: Arrive Home
Your next destination awaits—home, and you’ll arrive there in the late morning or early afternoon after your overnight flight.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 1 authentic traveler reviews
India photo adventureAnonymous, traveled Sep. 2022
What an incredible journey! Even though I came in with a rib injury, I was able to experience everything still!