Ancient history meets epic relaxation meets pasta on this 11-day trip through Italy and the Greek Islands. Envision yourself as a Gladiator in the Colosseum of Ancient Rome, explore the beauty of Southern Italy, nerd out on all things Greek mythology in Delphi, and unwind on a white sand beach, drink in hand, on one of Greece’s breathtaking islands: Corfu. After all that, travel back in time to where Western Civilization began on the Acropolis of Athens.
What are the top highlights?
- Visit the ruins of the Colosseum in Rome, where you can picture yourself as a gladiator (or one of the 80,000 spectators)
- Get a taste of the Mediterranean way of life with the best local food and wine
- Go on a fascinating tour of Pompeii, the city devastated by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD
- Explore the area around Naples, where pizza is said to have originated
- Soak up the sun, and gawk at the crystal-clear water on the beaches of Corfu
- Explore the many collections of the De