This is the Ireland you’ve always imagined: pub-lined streets, lush emerald countryside, historic castles and cathedrals, and more lakes and lochs than you can count. So whether you’re Irish to your core or only on March 17, there’s plenty of good craic to go around. Especially on St. Paddy's Day in Galway.
Sipping a freshly-brewed pint at the Guinness Brewhouse
Kissing the Blarney Stone to score the gift of gab
Connecting with nature throughout the Ring of Kerry
Pub crawling along Quay Street in Galway
Searching for puffins high atop the Cliffs of Moher
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
7 nights in handpicked accommodations
7 breakfasts and 2 dinners
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
A St. Patrick's Day celebration in Galway
Insider city tours with local guide
Guinness Storehouse tour and free pint
Guided tour of St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Stop at the world-famous Cliffs of Moher
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Leave your shamrocks and leprechaun jokes at home, and board your overnight flight, bound for Ireland. You’re about to discover the true allure of the Emerald Isle (and it’s not gemstones).
- Day 2: Arrive in Dublin + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Dublin! In the last decade or so, the city's become one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. Companies like Facebook, Airbnb, eBay, and Twitter all have European headquarters in Dublin (so you know it’s a big deal).
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodations and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet the other travelers as they arrive.
- Meet your Tour Director for a guided tour of some top sights, including the Temple Bar neighborhood, St. Stephens Green park, and Grafton Street.
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Dublin
Today, you’ll see the best Dublin has to offer with a local guide on a walking and bus tour of the city. Afterwards, enjoy a free afternoon in this bayside Irish capital.
- Pass through Phoenix Park, one of the largest city parks in the world. Look around—you’ll probably see a deer (there are 300 in the park).
- Go inside St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the 800-year-old church named after the famous saint. This is the biggest church in Ireland, and it stands on the exact spot where St. Patrick is said to have baptized converts.
Free time suggestions
Weird Science: The Science Gallery is not your typical science museum. Located within Trinity College, its exhibitions demonstrate how closely linked science is to our everyday lives. Harness your inner Jesse Pinkman and get really excited about science.
Whiskey Business: Switch up your drinking habits and try some whiskey! Visit the Jameson distillery, where Jameson Irish whiskey was distilled until 1971. Feel sophisticated as you sip Jameson and discuss its toasted wood undertones.
- Day 4: Travel to County Kerry via Blarney Castle
Next stop: Killarney, a city located in County Kerry, the southwestern part of the country. With rolling hills, massive lakes, and a quaint city center, Killarney is quintessential Ireland. En route to Killarney, stop for a visit to the famed Blarney Castle and kiss a dirty rock (everybody’s doing it).
- Hop on the bus in Kilkenny.
- Climb the spiral staircase of Blarney Castle with your Tour Director.
- Lie back and kiss the Blarney Stone upside-down (Spider-Man style) to receive the "gift of gab." Word of advice: don't focus so hard on all the people kissing the stone before you.
- Continue on to Killarney and enjoy some free time in the evening.
Free time suggestions
Sing the Night Away: Killarney is known for its raucous pub scene. Irish men and women drink and sing with the band well into the wee hours of morning. Go to any of the downtown pubs and see for yourself (just know you’ll be expected to join in).
What a Catch: Quinlan’s seafood bar boasts the best fish and chips in Ireland. Don’t believe them? Go check it out and prove them wrong (spoiler: you won’t).
- Day 5: Highlights of the Ring of Kerry
Experience the mystical beauty of Ireland as you journey the 112 miles around the Iveragh Peninsula, better known as the Ring of Kerry.
- Encounter magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Lakes of Killarney.
- Look up (no, really look up) at Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, the tallest mountains in Ireland.
- Stick your feet in the sand of some of the world's most immaculate beaches.
- Consider a career in photography as you scroll through your amazing photos.
- Day 6: Travel to Galway via Cliffs of Moher
You’re off to Galway, a city famous for entertainment (live music, street performers, and art shows). On the way to Galway, stop at the Cliffs of Moher for breathtaking views of the coastline.
- Make your way to Galway on bus with a stop at some big, beautiful cliffs, just begging you to take their picture.
- Gawk at the limestone walls of rock that dominate the coast for five miles and rise to staggering heights of 700 feet.
- Realize that all the white specks you see on the cliffs are actually birds.
- Get the lay of the land in Galway on a walking tour of the city with your Tour Director.
- Walk along the banks of the River Corrib, and see the flawless Galway Bay.
- Day 7: Celebrate St. Paddy's Day in Galway
Wake up early and get out there. Today is totally free for you to celebrate the big day however you want. You want to wear green? Do it. You want to drink beer? Absolutely. You want to put on your best accent and hope an Irish family mistakes you for one of their own? Um…sure!
- Brave the crowds and make your way to the St. Patrick's Day parade.
- Partake in one of the oldest and most popular St. Patrick's Day traditions: drinking!
- Follow the green hats towards a pub for more celebrating.
- Spill out into the streets and join in the fun with some traditional Irish singing and dancing (or just watch from the sidelines—equally entertaining).
- Day 8: Free Day in Galway + Optional Aran Islands Excursion
Make the most of a free day to do as you please. Stop for a moment and appreciate the beauty you’ve seen over the last week. From the cities to the countryside, Ireland never fails to impress. And today, it’s going to get even better, with an optional excursion to the Aran Islands.
- Go full Irish with a traditional breakfast of bacon, sausages, baked beans, eggs, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, potatoes, and toast (yeah, that’s one meal).
- Head to Eyre Square, a happening park in the city center, with shops, cafes, and a sleek fountain depicting Galway Hookers. (Don’t worry, it’s a type of boat.)
- Walk through the cobblestoned Latin Quarter, considered the most beautiful part of the city, lined with restaurants, pubs, and quirky street performers.
Free time suggestions
Food for Thought: McCambridge's is a restaurant, deli, and fine foods shop located in the heart of Galway. This family owned establishment has been around since 1925, and is perfect for Irish people watching.
Rub-a-dub-PUB: The atmosphere is one-of-a-kind in Quays pub, a former medieval French church. Whether you prefer to dance, listen to live music, or just to hang out with a pint of Guinness, Quays has something for everyone.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Afternoon on the Aran Islands (extra cost)
Take a ferry ride to the Aran Islands, where old traditions and iconic Irish countryside are hanging on strong. Don't miss Dún Aengus, a 2,000-year-old fort with walls that go right to the edge of a cliff high above the sea.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 9: Fly Home
Slán libh, a cháirde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s, “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 25 authentic traveler reviews
A trip of a lifetime!Molly, traveled Mar.. 2022
This was my first ever solo trip, it was absolutely amazing! My travel guide, Fabrice, was super insightful and entertaining! Everyone in my travel group was so nice, I made so many new friends. Ireland is a perfect country to visit if your just starting to explore the world!
St. Paddys in GalwayAllison, traveled Mar.. 2022
This trip was absolutely incredible!! Our tour director Marco is the best to have! The trip had endless laughs and beautiful sights to see! Our tour director made us feel like a family and made sure we were always taken care of and knew where all the best places to eat, drink, and sightsee on downtime. And of course St. Paddys day in Galway is the way to go!... See more
St Paddys tourHannah, traveled Mar.. 2022
It was an amazing trip and our tour director was amazing!! He was new and he took everything in stride! He is definitely worth having as a tour director, and he is also very personable with the whole group!!! Absolute craic!!!
Fantastic place with fantastic people!Zane, traveled Mar.. 2022
This was a wonderful tour of the southern and middle of Ireland. Dublin, Galway, and Killarney. All beautiful vistas, and all a ton of fun to experience! Our tour director Diarmuid was an absolute legend, Everything the guy did put a smile on our faces, and by the end of the tour we were all desperately trying to buy Diarmuid all the drinks he could stomach,... See more