There’s no denying this Indonesian island’s natural beauty, and we’d be crazy not to lead with it. But there’s more to Bali than meets the eye. This trip goes beneath the surface. You’ll discover the complexities of Balinese culture through Hindu traditions, interactions with friendly locals, and adventures at every turn. Bali is diverse. Bali is warm. Bali is an escape from the ordinary. And it’s all yours for the next 11 days.
What are the top highlights?
- Mingle with the locals—of the human and monkey varieties
- Get your blood pumping during a canyon tubing adventure
- Go into full vacation mode as you relax on some of the world’s finest beaches
- Stretch, bend, and remember to breathe during a yoga class with fellow travelers
- Learn the ins and outs of Balinese food culture at a traditional cooking class
- Get the perfect photo at a typical Balinese rice terrace
- Enjoy the abundance of magnificent Hindu temples in Bali
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Lunch with food & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- 3 additional included lunches
- Entrance to Ubud Monkey Park and other select attractions
You’ve selected an UltimatePlus departure. Nice choice! You’ll be staying at upgraded hotels throughout your trip. Each property is located in a safe and convenient area to ensure a comfortable stay, in rooms that are only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Actual accommodations will be made available to you 30 days before your trip.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Indonesia. If you haven’t already, now would be a good time to switch all your clocks to island time.
- Day 2: Arrive in Bali
Welcome to Bali, referred to as the Island of the Gods by some, and paradise by all. You’ll likely arrive late in the day, so take the evening to settle in to your accommodations and meet your new travel friends.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Day 3: Tanah Lot Tour + Welcome Lunch
Ah, your first full day in Bali. Venture into central Bali with your Tour Director to get your first taste of Balinese Hindu temples. Then feel that sea breeze as you enjoy a leisurely afternoon and evening on your own in Seminyak.
- Explore Taman Ayun, a beautiful and serene temple surrounded by a moat.
- Visit Tanah Lot, a Hindu temple that sits atop an off-shore rock formation and houses a spring of holy water.
- Enjoy an included Welcome Lunch with your fellow travelers at an authentic local spot.
Free time suggestions
Sunset at Seminyak Beach: Nothing beats watching the sunset on a beach. Except for watching a sunset on a beach in Bali. And once the sun goes down, you’re steps away from plenty of shops and restaurants.
Balinese Spa: Looking to relax? Good thing you’re in paradise. Head to a Balinese spa for a massage and a chance to start your trip off on the right foot.
- Day 4: Free Day in Seminyak
Feel that sea breeze as you enjoy a leisurely day on your own in Seminyak. Lounge on the beach near your hotel, do some shopping, and say “I could get used to this” over and over.
Free time suggestions
The Beach: When you step onto Seminyak Beach, you’ll wonder why it’s not packed with tourists. White sand and plenty of space—the perfect place to spend the day.
Shopping at Seminyak Square: Whether you’re looking for high-end shopping or local souvenirs, you can find it in this buzzing square.
- Day 5: Cooking Class as Guliang Village + Ubud Monkey Forest
When you want to learn all about Balinese cooking and food culture, there’s no better place to go than a farming village. More specifically, a village called Subak Guilang. Here you’ll partake in an interactive and authentic cooking (and eating) class.
- Head to central Bali to the farming village of Subak Guilang.
- Gather the ingredients, prepare the food, and treat your taste buds to incredible Balinese flavors.
- Venture into the rice field and learn why the Balinese people view rice as a gift from God.
- Travel to Ubud, one of Bali’s most popular destination and the island’s hub of art and culture.
- Get to know some Balinese monkeys in Ubud Monkey Forest.
Free Time Suggestions
Balinese dance performance: You can find this traditional performance at various temples around Ubud. You can see ancient storytelling dances, religious performances, and even fire dancing.
Ubud Market: This market has everything you could ever need—clothes, food, souvenirs, and all kinds of people watching opportunities.
- Day 6: Morning Yoga + Holy Temples Tour
Two words: Yoga. Barn. This full-service yoga studio and holistic healing retreat is located right in the center of Bali. Say “om” as you participate in a group yoga class with your fellow travelers. Then in the afternoon, enjoy a tour of some of Bali’s most important Hindu temples.
- Start your morning with a 90-minute yoga class—geared toward beginners, but all levels are welcome.
- Enjoy an included lunch overlooking rice fields.
- Study the many menacing faces carved into the stone at the temple of Goa Gajan.
- End your temple tour at Tampak Siring, where you can purify your body and soul in the temple’s holy water (if you’re into that kind of thing).
- Visit the impressive rice terraces of Tegalalang, one of the most photographed spots in Bali.
Free Time Suggestions
Coffee shops: Need a little caffeine boost? Ubud’s many cafes are always full of locals, expats, and tourists. You can try typical Balinese coffee, smoothies, and a variety of light bites.
ARMA art museum: A window into Balinese culture, this museum houses collections of contemporary and traditional art. Depending on your timing, you may be able to enjoy dance or theatre performances as well.
- Day 7: Canyon Tubing Adventure
Simply reading the words “canyon tubing” should give you an adrenaline rush. Visit the Siap River and experience its beauty from a unique perspective: your private inflatable tube.
- Awaken your senses as you ride through the jungle in an off-road vehicle to the starting point of your river adventure.
- Hop in your tube and let the river do its thing—no paddling needed.
- Enjoy an included lunch during your Canyon Tubing adventure.
- Open your eyes and ears for the sights and sounds of the wilderness (i.e. birds and monkeys, duh).
- Finish with the Campuhan Ridge walk, a truly mellow and awe-inspiring hike.
- Day 8: Optional Mt. Batur Sunrise Trek + Travel to Nusa Dua
Today has the potential to be one of the longest, but most unforgettable days of your trip. If you’re up for it, join the optional sunrise hike to Mt. Batur (heads up, bus leaves at 2am). Then in the afternoon, your journey through Bali continues to the Benoa peninsula, famous for its restaurants, open-air cafes, and beaches.
- Enjoy your last morning in Ubud.
- Travel by bus to Tanjung Benoa, where you’ll spend your final two nights in Bali.
Mt. Batur Hike & Hot Springs (extra cost)
Hike Mount Batur, an active volcano—reaching the summit for sunrise views. Fuel up with an included breakfast, stop at Toya Bungkah Hot Springs for a relaxing dip, then enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 9: Free Day in Nusa Dua + Visit Uluwatu Temple at Sunset
Your last day in Bali is going to be a relaxing one. You have the entire day to do as you please. And lucky for you, you’re staying on the coast, just steps from some of Bali’s most beautiful beaches.
- Head out for an evening at Uluwatu Temple, a sea temple perched high on a steep cliff.
- Look out at the setting sun and crashing waves of the Indian Ocean from 230 feet up.
- Sit back and watch as up to a hundred men perform a traditional Balinese dance.
- Enjoy a Farewell Dinner with your new BFFs.
Free Time Suggestions
Beaches: To some, Bali is first and foremost a beach paradise. Head out of your hotel and you’ll notice there are beaches as far as the eye can see. The only wrong choice you can make is not putting on sunscreen—nobody wants to get burned on the last day.
Water sports: Go beyond the sand for some fun in the water. Pick up some snorkeling gear, hop on a banana boat, or check out any of the other activities at your (sandy) fingertips.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Days 10–11: Fly Home
Selamat tinggal teman!
Translation: Goodbye friends! Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– OR –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Simple, flexible booking
Lock in your spot, then pay over time. If you change your mind, we’ll help you change your trip—no fees, no fuss. It’s really that easy.