London and Paris are classic—a traveler’s dream. But why stop at classic? Add in the alluring Catalan culture and cuisine of Barcelona, and you’ve got an iconic trip.
Please note that Paris, France is hosting the 2024 Summer Olympics in July and August 2024. All travel through Paris during this timeframe will be subject to possible itinerary and accommodation changes.
Picnicking by the Eiffel Tower, sipping champagne
Drooling over Catalan cuisine on the Mediterranean coast
Shopping along Champs-Élysées
Falling in love with buildings in Barcelona (thanks, Gaudi)
Walking Abbey Road, harnessing your inner Beatle
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book 'em yourself)
9 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
3 insider tours with local guides
Seine River cruise in Paris
Entrance to Park Guell in Barcelona
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for London. Find streets named Quaggy Walk, Ha Ha Road, and Cyclops Mews. If you see anything really out there, let us know.
- Day 2: Arrive in London + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to London! Where pubs rule, tea reigns, and buses are two stories tall. Visit grand palaces, famous parks, and local hotspots of the Royal Family, George Orwell, Dylan Thomas, Jimi Hendrix, Charles Dickens, and many more.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Check in at your accommodations.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- See River Thames, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden.
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of London + Optional London Eye & Tea
Hit the highlights of London with a local guide giving you all the inside info. Get ready to see royal palaces, down a pint of room-temperature beer (it’s how the locals drink it), and walk like a Beatle—from the band. Not a bug.
- Wave hello to Big Ben, the bell inside the clock tower.
- Go to Westminster Abbey, where William and Kate, and decades of royals have been wed.
- Experience a royal ritual during the Changing of the Guards.
- Walk around and explore the city.
Free time suggestions
Be a Beatle: Head to Abbey Road and walk what’s probably the world’s most famous crosswalk. This storied spot is a must-see for even the most casual Beatles fan.
Tower of London: Feel like a royal in the historic castle and see the legendary Crown Jewels, just don’t play dress up with them.
London Eye & Tea (extra cost)
Ride Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel for panoramic views before enjoying a traditional English tea.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than fourteen days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 4: Free Time in London
Take the day to explore. Walk through some of the many royal gardens, shop on Oxford Street, go for high tea, or explore the city by foot. At 607 square miles, the city is an easy place to get your 10,000 steps in.
- Walk the cobblestone streets of London.
- Explore Piccadilly Circus. You won’t find clowns and trapeze artists here. Just shopping and all the entertainment your heart desires.
- Sip on a cup of English Breakfast at high tea—don’t forget, pinky’s up!
Free time suggestions
The Eye: London’s, not yours. See the city from 443 feet high on the world’s tallest Ferris wheel. To avoid incredibly long lines, book your ticket ahead of time. Stand in the capsule and experience a panoramic view on the Millennium Wheel.
Covent Garden: Where flowers bloom, vegetables grow, and a young girl finds a key to… woops, wrong garden. Seek out bargains at this bustling covered market full of souvenirs, clothes, crafts, and much more.
- Day 5: Travel to Paris
Bonjour! Welcome to Paris. Visit grand palaces, royal chateau’s, and famous museums by day, and then stroll through the romantically-lit city by night. After trying to read Mona Lisa’s expression and drooling over jaw-dropping sites, you’ll definitely have all the feels for the City of Love. (Cue romantic French café music).
- Board your train at St. Pancras Station—where Harry Potter caught the Hogwarts Express at platform 9¾—and head to Paris.
- Once you arrive in Paris, take a quick walk of the area with your Tour Director and your new BFF’s, AKA, your group.
- Hop on an evening Seine cruise and float past Notre Dame Cathedral. (Keep a lookout for the Hunchback.)
- Stand in awe in front of the Eiffel Tower as the lights sparkle against the night. Pro tip: this happens every hour on the hour.
- Day 6: Tour de Paris + Optional Versailles Excursion
Explore the city of love, light, and haute couture with a local guide. If you come across a Statue of Liberty, don’t be alarmed—the champagne hasn’t gone to your head, Paris is actually home to multiple replicas, one of which faces her sister from another mister that stands in New York. Then, get into a royal state of mind on an optional excursion to Versailles, and ask the Hall of Mirrors who is the fairest of them all (it’s you, duh).
Please note: The Palace of Versailles is closed on Mondays. If Day 6 falls on a Monday for your departure, this optional will take place on Day 7.
- Get the inside scoop on Parisian culture and try to understand why this high-end, fashion forward city likes to snack on snails.
- Make the city your runway as you strut down a couple of the 6,100 streets, and hit up some well-known areas like Bastille, Montmarte, and Parc de Belleville.
- Stand in awe of the Arc de Triomphe, which stands in honor of those who fought in the French Revolution.
- Work your angles, and snap an obligatory picture with your finger atop the Louvre’s pyramid point.o* at the Louvre or check out modern art and the insides of a clock tower at Musee d’Orsay.
Free time suggestions
Fall in Louvre: Paris is home to some of the world’s most incredible art collections. Admire the Venus de Milo at the Louvre or check out modern art and the insides of a clock tower at Musee d’Orsay.
C’est Magnifique!: Head to Montmartre, a neighborhood filled with street art, incredible views overlooking the city, and the famous Sacré Cœur Cathedral. Home to, and inspiration for artists like Picasso, van Gogh, Matisse, Dali, and Monet, this is the perfect place to take a stroll and admire a more authentic side of Paris.
Versailles (extra cost)
Walk through the landscaped gardens, and tour the living quarters of the famous over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. This is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution.
Please note: The Palace of Versailles is closed on Mondays. In the event that the itinerary day containing this optional lands on a Monday for your departure, the optional will take place the following day.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than thirty days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 7: Free Day in Paris
Enjoy a full day exploring Paris on your own (cue happy dance). Wander through art museums, try new foods like coq au vin (AKA chicken), or grab a baguette and a bottle of wine for a picnic at the Champ de Mars. Oh, Paris. How we love you.
- Relax on an open terrace, espresso in one hand and a croissant in the other. Yeah, this is the life.
- Stand in disbelief among famous sites like Palais-Royal Gardens and Musee Rodin, and then realize your jaw has been dropped for the last 15 minutes.
- Shop along the rue Saint-Honoré and feel like one of the world’s rich and famous, who you should keep an eye out for in this area, by the way.
Free time suggestions
Go Subterranean: Thanks to overflowing cemeteries in the late 1700s, the city’s dead were transferred to these dark, underground crypts. Sounds haunting, doesn’t it? Catch up with Parisian ancestors in The Catacombs of Paris. To avoid lines, purchase your ticket ahead of time. The 45-minute tour is also closed on Mondays and certain holidays.
Edit Sober: Visit the café haunts of literary giants like Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce, and many others. Grab a coffee and a journal and you’ll fit right in.
- Day 8: Introduction to Barcelona
You’re headed to Barcelona! A city of endless parties, wacky architecture, premium beaches and the beloved FC Barcelona futbol team. If you thought you were a dedicated sports fan, wait ‘till you meet the futbol-obsessed citizens of Barcelona (that’s soccer, for us Americans). Get ready to fiesta all night, because this city truly doesn’t sleep (except during siestas, because let’s face it, adults need naps, too).
- Board your quick flight, bound for Barcelona, and practice saying ‘una jarra de sangría,’ and be ready to order sangria upon arrival.
- Arrive in your new accommodations and familiarize yourself with the area.
- The evening is yours to explore the city, try some tapas, check out the dance clubs, or hit the hay.
- Day 9: Tour Barcelona + Optional Sagrada Família Tour & Tapas
Experience Barcelona’s unique architecture and atmosphere with a local guide as you wander the streets of this enchanting Spanish city. This historic city is home to nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites, seven of which were built by Gaudi (he’s kind of a big deal around here). Take in the impressive sites, and understand why Barcelona is the only city to receive a Royal Gold Medal for architecture—the buildings are basically art.
- Stop by Las Ramblas and Placa de Catalunya with a local guide.
- Visit one of Antoni Gaudí’s greatest works of modernist art, Parque Güell. This colorful park is adorned with tilework, dreamlike structures and not a straight line anywhere.
- See the 1992 Olympic Park which lines the Mediterranean Sea.
- Check out the unfinished Sagrada Familia cathedral, where construction started over 100 years ago by Gaudí.
- Take the evening to revisit any of the sights, hit the beach, or explore on your own.
Sagrada Familia & Sangria (extra cost)
Antoni Gaudí’s Sagrada Família Basilica is the world’s most unbelievable church—under construction since 1882, finished by 2026 at the earliest. Tour it with a local guide, then enjoy included Sangria and pintxos, which are small finger snacks popular in Spain.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 30 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 10: Free Day in Barcelona + Farewell Dinner
The day is yours to experience Barcelona as you please. Whether that means exploring a new neighborhood, lounging on a beach, or kicking back with some tapas and a pitcher of sangria, you really can’t go wrong.
Free time suggestions
Market Down: Visit La Boqueria, the famous market just off of Las Ramblas, with everything from fresh fruits to meats, flowers and sweets.
Comer Little Closer: From paella, a traditional rice dish, to Basque-style tapas, Barcelona has gastronomy locked down.
- Day 11: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Overall rating: 4.9 out of 5
Based on 242 authentic traveler reviews
Great way to travel solo!Anonymous, traveled Dec. 2019
I went on the New Years trip and it was amazing! This was my first trip with EF and I already booked my next trip. I traveled solo! I made new friends on the trip and had such a great tour guide. This trip was a lot of fun and definitely one I will never forget! There was so much to see. I went on this trip right after my grad school semester, it was such... See more
BEST TIME EVER!!!Aimee, traveled Jul. 2019
BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!! I loved this tour, these were my dream cities. I love how the trip was planned with FUN activities! Mike was seriously the best tour director, he was fun and gave the group awesome recommendations for our free time. I never wanted to leave!!!
So Worth It!!!!Umniyah, traveled Nov. 2023
This is my second trip with EF and it was amazing! Mario was a great guide. Very fast paced when it came to walking 🤣 but it was worth it because we didn’t miss a thing! If you’re not sure what to do in your free time don’t worry! He had a lot of amazing once in a lifetime activities that you could sign up for. If you had your own plan he would help you get... See more
Book this trip!!Brianna, traveled Nov. 2023
This was my first EF trip and it was absolutely amazing! Mario was the best tour guide you could have - he made our experience everything and more. This tour gives you a great sample of each city while balancing fun with knowledge. I made some news friends on this trip and were already looking into other tours to take together! If you’re on the fence about b... See more