Budapest, Vienna & Prague10 Days • 4 Cities Budapest, Vienna & Prague
Head back to once upon a time, when World Wars turned Cold and created a counterculture to tear the Iron Curtain. Indulge the senses at the epicenter of melody-making maestros, and trek revolutionary roads to explore storybook architecture. This is a journey to taste the world’s best beers, learn about life way back when and behold the beauty of a new generation that rose above turmoil.
What are the top highlights?
- Visit seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Party in Budapest’s eclectic ruin bar scene
- Experience Classical music in classical Vienna
- Discover the fairytale magic of Prague’s Old Town
- Wash down hearty Bohemian food with an authentic Pilsner. Or three
- Check out the eerie Bone Church in Kutná Hora
- Wander off the beaten path in scenic Ceský Krumlov
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each city
- Entrance to Schönbrunn Palace, St. Vitus Cathedral & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Budapest. Sit back, relax, and try picking up Hungarian, one of the hardest languages to learn. (It’s a lot more throaty for starters.)
Day 2: Arrive in Budapest + Welcome Mixer
Welcome to Eastern Europe! Your Tour Director will be waiting at the airport when you arrive. Today is the day to adjust, make new friends and start the journey right.
- Arrive in Budapest and transfer to your accommodation
- Take a brief walk of the area with your group’s personal Tour Director
Once everyone is situated, you’ll meet your new friends over drinks and light appetizers at the Welcome Mixer.
Day 3: Sightseeing tour of Budapest + Optional Thermal Bath & Spa
Now that you’re rested from travels and acquainted with your group, shake off the culture shock with an in-depth look at the Pearl of the Danube.
- Tour Buda and Pest with a local guide to show you all the buda-best there is to see
- Enjoy a free evening to relax in a bath, stroll through the city or learn a little something about another time and place
- Hit the town like never before in the city’s grungy, eclectic nightlife scene
Thermal Bath & Spa Visit(extra cost)
From the makers of “hit the showers!” comes: easing blissfully into Europe’s largest medicinal baths. Fed by deep underground hot springs, the ancient Romans and, later, the Ottomans, loved lounging in the mineral-rich waters of Budapest. Today, locals and visitors alike beat the summer heat—and warm up in the winter—in these massive pools. With exclusive access to spa facilities, saunas, steam rooms, and 18 indoor and outdoor baths of varying temperatures; this is the place to be in Budapest to turn up, chill out, or just take a pic of one of the most beautiful buildings in the city. Seriously, Google “Szechenyi Baths,” we’ll wait. Still not sold? There’s beer.
Day 4: Stop in Bratislava + Arrive in Vienna
Marvel at the European landscape as you drive along a canvas of castles, farmlands, villages and mountains on your way to Austria.
- Stop in Slovakia’s capital city, Bratislava, for lunch and photos of the city’s castle
- Arrive in Vienna, take a quick walk with your Tour Director, then enjoy an evening in the City of Dreams
Day 5: Sightseeing Tour of Vienna
Ahh, Vienna, the home of Classical creators and world-class classiness. This Austrian city is full of grand operas, grandiose architecture, and gardens so pristine, you'll wonder how its visitors are so well-behaved. Today, you'll get to know Vienna in-depth with a local guide.
- Meet your local guide for a sightseeing tour of Vienna
- Visit the lavish palaces, parks and parliament buildings
- Learn about the major and minor figures who struck a personal chord with this city
Day 6: Stop in Krems + Arrive in Ceský Krumlov
Continue along the European countryside as you travel to Ceský Krumlov via Krems.
- Take a break from the big city with a visit to Krems, a quaint Austrian town in the Wachau Valley
- Tour a local vineyard and taste wine from the region
- Arrive in the storybook city of Ceský Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Day 7: Chill in Ceský Krumlov + Visit Kutná Hora + Head to Prague
After a morning in Ceský Krumlov, board your private coach for a transfer to Prague via Kutná Hora.
- Keep feeling the magic with a free morning in Ceský Krumlov
- See the infamous “Bone Church” in Kutná Hora
- Arrive in Prague; take a brief orientation tour of the area and have the evening free
Day 8: Tour Prague
Join an expert local guide for a walking tour of Prague, then enjoy an evening to explore the city.
- Czech out Central Europe’s largest castle, where you'll see architecture spanning from Gothic to Baroque
- Learn about Prague's fascinating history, from centuries-old tales to World War II and the Velvet Revolution
- Have the afternoon and evening to wander the enchanting streets and see all the sites on your list
- Try a Pilsner in the #1 beer-drinking country in the world, and experience the nightlife that accompanies it
Day 9: Explore Prague + Farewell Dinner
This is your last day in Europe, so live it to the fullest! Time is all yours until dinner tonight.
- Enjoy your last day in Europe with free time in Prague
- Take care of last-minute shopping with trinkets from Charles Bridge or Europe's top outlets in Wenceslas Square
- Climb Petrín Hill for a panoramic view of Prague
- View the influential work of Alphonse Mucha through the stained glass at St. Vitus Cathedral, The Slav Epic and many other iconic city sites
- Share one last group memory during your Farewell Dinner
Day 10: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s, “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip