Sometimes you just need warm weather, sandy beaches, jungle ziplines, and a healthy dose of immaculate vibes. Give your body what it needs on an 11-day adventure through Costa Rica and Panama.
Locking eyes with a sleepy sloth in the jungle
Snorkeling the vibrant reefs of Cahuita National Park
Visiting a cacao farm and eating chocolate from the farm
Sticking your feet in the sand on a Caribbean island
Donning a Panama hat and exploring Casco Viejo in Panama City
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book ’em yourself)
10 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
Zipline excursion in Veragua Rainforest
- Day 1: Fly to San José
Board your flight to San José, the capital of Costa Rica. Hope you brought some sunglasses, because your future in Central America is bright.
- Meet an EF representative and fellow travelers as they arrive at the airport.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Day 2: Zipline in Veragua Rainforest + travel to Puerto Viejo
It’s been real, San José, but it’s time to get out and explore the beauty of Costa Rica. You’re heading east, to Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean coast. But first, an adrenaline boost.
- Hop on the bus and stop in Veragua Rainforest for a heart-pumping zipline excursion.
- Settle into Puerto Viejo and enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with your group.
- Day 3: Free day in Puerto Viejo + optional Cahuita National Park excursion
Cahuita National Park has it all—jungle, sandy beaches, and a vibrant coral reef. Explore on your own or join the optional excursion to get up close and personal.
Cahuita National Park (extra cost)
Find out what makes Costa Rica so special on a rainforest walk and coral reef snorkeling adventure.
- Day 4: Free day in Puerto Viejo + optional excursions
It’s just what the doctor ordered…a free day in the Caribbean. Go all in on some R&R or join in on one (or both) of the optional excursions.
Free time suggestions
Playa Puerto Viejo: Escape to the golden sands of this nearby beach for a day of swimming, sunning, snorkeling, sleeping, and any other alliterative words you can think of.
Jaguar Rescue Center: Tour this center dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of a range of animal species. And no, the center does not actually house any jaguars, despite its name.
Caribbean dance experience (extra cost)
Learn how to dance salsa, merengue, and more with a local Caribbean hip-moving expert.
Chocolate experience (extra cost)
Visit a cacao farm to learn how the plant is harvested and transformed into drool-worthy chocolate.
- Day 5: Travel to Bocas del Toro + optional bike tour
New country alert! Today you’ll cross into Panama, which is exciting for a lot of reasons, but mostly because Panama hats are a thing.
Bocas del Toro bike tour (extra cost)
Take in your surroundings by bike on a guided tour of Bocas Town and make your way to Bluff Beach.
- Day 6: Bocas del Toro beach day
When in the Caribbean, do as the Caribbean-ites (yeah, not a word) do: hit the beach! Bocas del Toro is made up of several islands, and today you’ll check out one of the larger ones, Isla Bastimentos.
- Explore Old Bank, a colorful town on Isla Bastimientos
- Kick back and relax on one of the nearby beaches.
- Day 7: Free day in Bocas del Toro + optional sunset cruise
Now that you’re comfortable with the whole kick back on the beach thing, it’s time to become a true expert in leisure during a free day.
Free time suggestions
Carenero Island: If you just can’t get enough of these Caribbean islands (we get it), take a quick water taxi ride to nearby Carenero, which offers all the classic beach activities plus some scenic hiking trails.
Bluff Beach: This is Isla Colón’s largest and most accessible beach, so if you’re looking for a no-brainer activity, go here. The waves can get pretty gnarly, so keep an eye out for surfers doing their thing.
Sunset cruise (extra cost)
Cruise around Isla Colón with drinks and snacks, then take a dip in the water as the sun goes down.
- Day 8: Travel to Boquete Region + coffee tour
Next stop, the Boquete Region, considered by many to be the coffee capital of Panama. Look up about 11,400 feet—you might see Volcán Barú, a big ol’ volcano and Panama’s highest point.
- Grab a window seat on the bus as you journey to the Boquete Region.
- Tour a coffee plantation with your Tour Director.
- Day 9: Fly to Panama City
You’ve only seen the western side of Panama—let’s change that. Time to fly east to the country’s buzzing and modern capital, Panama City.
- Head to the nearby airport for your flight to Panama City.
- Arrive in Panama City and settle in to your new hotel.
- Day 10: Explore Panama City Old Town + Farewell Dinner
Casco Antiguo (also known as Casco Viejo) is the city’s Old Town, and it tops all the lists of things to do in Panama. UNESCO even named it a World Heritage Site in 1997, so you know it’s legit.
- Experience the charm and history of Casco Antigo with your Tour Director.
- Gaze out at the calm waters and boats passing through Panama Bay.
- Share some laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included Farewell Dinner with your group.
- Day 11: Fly home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?