For those who've wanted the best of Greece, Italy, and Eastern Europe all mish-mashed into one glorious place but haven't found it, we have good news. A paradise like that does exist—and it's called Croatia.
Spend eight days cruising along the Croatian coast aboard your private ship. By day, you’ll drift between isolated coves, picturesque villages, and stunning vistas. At night, opt to head ashore to the charming and historic towns that have long attracted the world’s jet-setters (and the Lannisters) to this part of the Adriatic Sea.
What are the top highlights?
- Spend a week cruising around the Croatian islands with new friends
- Float in the crystal-blue waters of the Adriatic Sea during daily swim breaks
- Hit beachside bars and world-renowned clubs in Hvar town
- Taste locally grown wine and freshly caught fish
- Witness history from Roman emperors to Renaissance artists
- Soak up the sun from the deck of your vessel as you sail from one island to another
- Experience a vast variety of beaches and quaint coves off the beaten path
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- 7 nights aboard a private, fully staffed ship
- 2 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course lunch
- Farewell Dinner with beer or wine
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director
- Get acquainted with Dubrovnik during a Tour Director-led city walk
- Enjoy a free morning to explore Dubrovnik and prepare for your cruise
- Board your private ship and set sail
- Catch sun on the deck, nap in your cabin, hit the on-board bar, and get to know the crew of your vessel
- Dock in Šipan, where you will stay for the night
- Take in the atmosphere as you visit a local tavern, winery, or whatever your heart desires
- Watch Šipan fade into the horizon as you disembark
- Cruise along the Elaphiti Island as you take in views of Croatia's colorful coast
- Stop in Mljet National Park on Mljet Island
- Explore Mljet's salt lakes and charming churches by bike or by foot
- Continue on to Korčula, where you will dock for the evening
- Depart Korčula early in the morning
- Stop at Biševo Island and spend some time in the Blue Cave
- Continue on to Vis, and island known for its fishing industry and hella tasty wine
- Dock in Vis and take a brief walk of the area, then have the evening free
- Sail from Vis to Šcedro, a protected nature park of impeccable preservation
- Stop in Šcedro for lunch and a swim in the crystal blue water
- Dock in Hvar and take a brief orientation with your Tour Director
- Recover from last night's fun as you depart Hvar in the morning
- Weigh anchor in Brač (rhymes with "watch"); walk around the village and a swim off the Golden Horn
- Cruise along to the Makarska, a port town where narrow streets zig-zag up sea-facing slopes, and locals earn their reputation for showing visitors a great time
- Enjoy the evening wandering down Makarska’s palm-fringed promenade where cafes, bars, and shops await
- Cruise away from Makarska in the morning
- Stop in Pučišca for a visit to a stone masonry, where the remaining volume of mined stone could build all of the standing Pyramids
- Carry on to Omiš, a one-of-a-kind intersection between the Cetina River, the Adriatic Sea, and towering mountain slopes
- Take a brief orientation walk of Omiš with your Tour Director
- Depart from Omiš and cruise towards Split
- Arrive in Split and take a guided tour of the city from a local
- Stroll through the city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Croatia. Just across the Adriatic from Italy, Croatia's variety of influences make it the best of all worlds—from Spanish-inspired fortresses to Eastern European dialects and Mediterranean cuisine. The country might have an identity crisis, but it totally works. And with 1,246 islands and over 2,500 miles of coastline, there's only one proper way to see it all: by private ship. Ballin'!
Day 2: Arrive in Dubrovnik
Welcome to Croatia! Today, you'll have some time to adjust, explore Dubrovnik, and get to know your fellow shipmates before your cruise begins on Day 4.
In the evening, it’s time for our Welcome Mixer. Enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
Day 3: Free Day in Dubrovnik
Located on the Dalmatian Coast (yes, where all 101 of them originated from), Dubrovnik is one of Croatia's top vacation destinations and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In just one look, you'll see why George Bernard Shaw described it as "Heaven on Earth". You'll also ask, "Who is George Bernard Shaw?" Don't worry about it. Just focus on the beautiful views ahead.
Free Time Suggestions
Drink and Know Things: Game of Thrones tours run aplenty in Dubrovnik, whether self-guided or locally led. See where crews filmed King's Landing, the Purple Wedding, the House of the Undying, the walk of shame-shame-shame, and many more notable sights.
Catch a View: The Dubrovnik Cable Car will take you to the top of Srd Hill for breathtaking views of the city and country below. Pro tip: Save money by buying a one-way ticket from the operator, then take the leisurely, scenic hike back down.
Montenegro Day Trip(extra cost)
While Croatia may take up most of the Adriatic coast, Montenegro is all about quality over quantity. This country’s little bit of coast is nothing but gorgeous mountains, nice beaches, and unparalleled natural beauty. Hop the border into this Balkan country and visit Budva, the quintessential must-visit Montenegro city. Nicknamed “the Miami of Montenegro” (which should tell you everything you need to know) it has some of the best bars, beaches, and clubs you could ever want. Afterwards visit Kotor, the ancient town surrounded by mountains, and a hidden gem you’ll want to uncover.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 4: Cruise to Šipan
After a morning in Dubrovnik, your Croatian cruise begins! For the rest of the trip, you'll have evenings to explore the various port cities, and will return to the boat to sleep in your cabins. Your first stop: Šipan (shee-pan), a quaint island known for its olive groves, vineyards, and fig trees. After the hustle and bustle of Dubrovnik, Šipan will be like a fresh breath off the beaten path.
Note: Depending on weather, you may dock in Slano instead. It's pretty much the same as Šipan, so you'll have a great time either way.
Day 5: Sail to Korčula via Mljet National Park
Tonight's destination: Korčula (KOR-choo-la), a historic, fortified town with architecture spanning all the way back to the 13th century. But first, make a scenic stop at Mljet National Park for some quality time with Mother Nature.
Free Time Suggestions:
Marco! Polo! Korčula is rumored to be the birthplace of the legendary world traveler. Though not confirmed, you can visit what is believed to be his birth home. But please, keep your voice down. Shouting "Marco Polo" won’t make him appear.
Wine I Oughta: Two of Croatia's most popular wines are grown on this island: Grk (yup, it's spelled like that) and Posip. Pair either with fresh fish or muscles for the perfect Mediterranean meal.
Day 6: Cruise to Vis via Biševo Blue Cave
Wanna see some magic? En route to Vis, you'll cruise to the tiny Biševo Island, home to the Blue Cave. Accessible only by boat, the cave's brilliant blue shimmer results from sunbeams entering from underneath the surface.
Day 7: Cruise to Hvar via Šcedro Nature Park
Hvar is all the buzz in Croatia (and just, Europe in general), due to the epic nightlife, Renaissance-era architecture, theaters, restaurants, and endless other activities fit for paradise. It's big, it's loud, it's beautiful, and it's guaranteed to show you a good time. That's why it's your next stop.
Free Time Suggestions
Hold the Fort: The Hvar Fortress (Tvrdava Španjola) was built in 1579 and stands tall today. Climb to the top for an epic lookout—try your best to time it with the sunset.
Night-Living: When summer rolls around, Hvar comes alive like nowhere else. You'll have a plethora of palatable options for places to eat, drink, dance, catch live music, and visit art festivals—all after it gets dark.
Day 8: Cruise to Makarska via Golden Horn Beach
One of the most unique natural phenomena of this region can be found on the island of Brač: Zlitni rat (Golden Horn) beach. The aptly named beach is shaped like...wait for it...a golden horn! Stretching into the Adriatic and offering plenty of beach real estate, this will be your stop en route to Makarska.
Free Time Suggestions
Moshin' Makarska: All summer long, Makarska hosts concerts featuring well-known stars and local artists. Many are even free, and take place right outside in town squares.
Ain't No Mountain High Enough: Feeling adventurous? Take off from the town and head towards Mount Biokovo. Hike up to the tallest peak, Sveti Jure, to see clear across the sea to Italy's coast and the mountains of Bosnia.
Day 9: Cruise to Omiš via Pučišca Stone Mason
The voyage continues with a trip to Pučišca, a town known for the quarry that Romans began mining over 2,000 years ago. The famous Brač limestone has been used to construct ancient Roman palaces, European parliament buildings, and even our very own U.S. White House. Thanks, John Adams.
Free Time Suggestions
Amp it Up: Trade saltwater for the fresh waters of Cetina. Go on a whitewater rafting or kayaking adventure, or simply enjoy a canyon swim.
Turn it Down: Because of the river, Omiš has long beaches of soft, golden sand. Kick off the flops and lounge like tomorrow isn't your last day.
Day 10: Cruise to Split + Farewell Dinner
We've saved the best for last. Split is the second-largest city in Croatia and, at over 1,700 years old, one of the oldest in the region. The area is so nice that Roman emperor Diocletian built a palace there to be his retirement home. Take that, Florida!
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Free Time Suggestions
Where Art Thou? Split has inspired some splendid artists throughout the centuries. Check out the Meštrovic Gallery for 20th-century sculptures; Studio Naranca and the Jaman Gallery for locals' interpretation of their home.
Thinking About Retirement? While most Roman emperors required a swift stabbing or bucket-kicking to leave the throne, Diocletian was the first emperor to voluntarily say "boy, bye." After reforming a near-collapsed Roman Empire, he headed home for a comfy retirement on the Dalmatian Coast. The palace left behind is gorgeous and haunting, revealing centuries-long history of the area. Roam the grounds or climb the bell tower for a birds-eye view of the city below.
Day 11: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Greek Goddess? More like Croatian GoddessRachel, traveled Jun 2018
This trip was the most luxurious EF trip I've ever been on. The accommodations in Dubrovnik were at this beautiful beach resort with views to die for. Once we boarded our private yacht (yeah, you read that right, PRIVATE YACHT) everyday we docked in a new city for new adventures. Unlike a normal cruise, the boat only sailed during the early morning hours (6-... See more
For those who yearn to be a true explorerNazanin, traveled Jun 2018
An amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity! I was blown away by Croatia’s unique history by living on a boat and island-hopping throughout this beautiful country. If you’re an explorer and want to get the full “I’m on a boat” experience, this is an absolute must!
Related TripsExplore all trips