From $3719 with flightsPayments as low as $113
This trip is culture meets history meets buttery carbs. From classic hits like the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, to fascinating WWII history on the beaches of Normandy and world-famous vineyards of the Loire Valley—this is France like it’s meant to be seen.
Picnicking by the Eiffel Tower, sipping champagne
Shopping along Champs-Élysées
Walking on Omaha Beach, exploring World War II history
Watching the sea levels change around the island of Mont-Saint-Michel
Oohing, aahing, and drinking wine in the Loire Valley
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
9 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
4 insider tours with local guides
Cheese and cider tasting in Honfleur
Entrance to Church of St. Joan of Arc, Abbey of Mont-Sant-Michel, and more
- Day 1: Overnight flight
Dream croissant dreams on your overnight flight to Paris.
- Day 2: Arrive in Paris + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Paris, also known as the City of Lights. Cue the French café music and ready your appetite—it’s going to be magnificent.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Meet an EF representative and fellow travelers as they arrive at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation to check in and check out your room.
- Day 3: Tour Paris + Optional Versailles Excursion
Explore the city with a local guide by bus and by foot, an authentic introduction to Parisian life and culture.
Free Time Suggestion:
The Louvre: Visit the largest art museum in the world, with an astounding collection of art from around the world—from the Palace to the glass Pyramid to the Mona Lisa.
- Join a local guide for a full morning of exploring the best of the best of Paris.
- Walk down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, known for its theaters and cafes.
- Take part in an optional tour of Versailles or take the afternoon to yourself and continue exploring the city.
Versailles (extra cost)
Walk through the landscaped gardens, and tour the living quarters of the famous over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. This is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution.
Please note: The Palace of Versailles is closed on Mondays. In the event that the itinerary day containing this optional lands on a Monday for your departure, the optional will take place the following day.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than thirty days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 4: Travel to Normandy coast via Rouen and Honfleur
Today is no ordinary travel day—because what normal day consists of historic cathedrals, walking tours, and a French cheese tasting?
- Walk through Rouen, capital city of the Normandy region of France.
- Gawk at the impressive Gothic architecture of Rouen Cathedral and the stunning stained-glass windows of St. Joan of Arc’s Church.
- Explore the medieval harbor of Honfleur, then sample a variety of cheeses with cider, brandy, and other very French drinks.
- Continue to your accommodation on the Normandy coast.
- Day 5: Explore beaches of Normandy
Visit the beach that American soldiers landed on during D-Day, as well as museums and monuments that honor those who fought in World War II.
- Look out at the nearly 10,000 headstones at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial.
- Walk along Omaha Beach, where American soldiers landed on June 6, 1944.
- See the Pointe du Hoc Ranger Monument and the 100-foot-high cliffs American soldiers scaled to defeat the Germans.
- Enjoy lunch on your own in Arromanches.
- Day 6: Travel to Brittany Coast + tour Mont-Saint-Michel
Today is between you and the majestic, magical, *looks-like-it-belongs-in-a-fairy-tale* island of Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Step onto Mont-Saint-Michel and watch as the sea levels around the island change with the tides.
- Enter the church-turned prison-turned abbey.
- Hop on the bus and continue on to your accommodation on the Brittany Coast.
- Day 7: Tour Saint-Malo
Saint-Malo is as unique as they come—this walled, coastal city is quaint, historic, and has the highest tides in all of Europe.
- Stroll along Saint-Malo’s charming streets and ramparts with a local guide.
- Check out Saint-Malo Cathedral, which underwent 28 years of restoration following a bombing in WWII.
- Take the afternoon to explore the town on your own.
- Day 8: Travel to the Loire Valley
Often referred to as “The Garden of France” due to its abundance of vineyards, the Loire Valley is a must-see. UNESCO seems to agree, as they named the region a World Heritage Site in 2000.
- Travel by bus from the Brittany coast to the Loire Valley.
- Indulge in French cuisine during an included dinner with your group.
- Day 9: Tour Château de Chenonceau + Amboise
With great vineyards and wine come great châteaux. The Loire Valley is home to over 300 castles of all shapes and sizes, two of which you’ll see today.
- Follow a guide through the castle and gardens of Château de Chenonceau.
- Head to Amboise to walk the streets where Leonardo da Vinci once lived.
- Behold Château d’ Amboise, home of the French monarchy during the 15th and 16th centuries.
- Day 10: Travel to Paris
One last chance to do some shopping, one final wave to the Eiffel Tower, one more opportunity to eat as many crepes as you can find.
- Hop on the bus back to where it all began in Paris.
- Get out and seize your last day in France.
- Share some laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with your group.
- Day 11: Fly home
Au revoir les amis!
Translation: Goodbye, friends! Your next destination awaits—home. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 5 authentic traveler reviews
UnforgettableMarissa, traveled Jul. 2022
A fantastic trip for those who are looking for a genuine French experience. This tour allows you to go beyond the tourist traps and truly see the beauty of the entire northern part of the country. History lovers this is a trip for you!
France 2022Kassandra, traveled Jul. 2022
It was my first time flying to Europe and I had the pleasure to visit France. I met our amazing tour director Alexandra, who was super sweet. She went above and beyond making sure we were taken care of and always recommended cool places to visit, eat and shop at! Some of my favorite places on this trip was visiting Paris, Rennes and Mont Saint-Michel ( a rea... See more
Lovely FranceAnonymous, traveled Jul. 2022
Had the best time touring France, i’m so glad i got to experience a new place with lovely people! I loved everything about the trip n how it was organized. I am definitely going to book another trip with EF !
Attention History and Art lovers!!!Marina, traveled Jun. 2022
This trip was amazing! To be able to see lots of places in Northern France was the best experience! This trip is heavy sightseeing and definitely meant for History and Art lovers! Would recommend to anyone that wants to see more of France than just Paris