Drift through the Venetian canals with a gondolier, explore the fairytale-like Neuschwanstein Castle, then wash it down with a stein at the world’s biggest party: Oktoberfest. Whether an Alpine summit or a countryside drive, each breathtaking view is like nothing you’ve ever seen.
What are the top highlights?
- Partake in the world’s biggest party: Oktoberfest
- Test your yodeling skills in the pristine Swiss Alps
- Visit Neuschwanstein, the majestic hilltop castle that inspired a familiar Disney icon
- Wash down hearty Bavarian food with a stein. Or three.
- Raise your glass in Munich’s lively beer halls
- Cover six cities and five countries in 10 days
- Float through the Venetian canals aboard a traditional gondola
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro pass in Munich
- Entrance to Neuschwanstein Castle, St. Mark's Basilica & other select attractions
- Reservation to Oktoberfest tent
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Italy. Get ready to eat spaghetti on penne on linguine on fettuccine on gnocchi on ravioli on chocolate gelato (not literally, but maybe literally).
- Day 2: Arrive in Venice
Welcome to Venice, the renowned former naval power of Italy. Grab your walking shoes, a good map (like a really good map) and hit the narrow, winding, organized, yet maddeningly confusing streets. The one-of-a-kind canals have to be seen to be appreciated. Watch the gondolas, browse the shops and eat the gelato until you can't eat anymore. Then eat more.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodations and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Get oriented to the city with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Venice (Local Guide)
Get ready to see Venice through the eyes of a local Italian. Your guide will show you canals, an extraordinary basilica, and a staircase shaped like a snail. Have you had enough pasta yet? No. The answer is no. Eat more pasta.
- Enter St. Mark’s Basilica and bask in the mosaics inlaid in the golden ceiling.
- Follow the winding Grand Canal through the heart of Venice.
- Play Marco Polo from across the Rialto Bridge, the oldest bridge in the city that connects San Marco and San Polo.
- See several historic churches and amble through picture-perfect piazzas.
- Take a water taxi back to the island, and discover what Venice has to offer once the sun goes down.
Free Time Suggestions
300 Years Old: Opened in 1720, Caffè Florian is the oldest café in the world. And while the venue may be old, their beliefs have always been ahead of their time. They were the only café to serve women during the 18th century. Nicely done, Florian.
Jazz it Up: Looking for an intimate, authentic music experience? Venice Jazz Club hosts talented, local musicians in a low-lit, artsy atmosphere. Grab dinner, drinks, and some smooth, sexy jazz at a club where you’ll feel as though you’ve stumbled upon a magical, hi