What do you get when you combine picturesque Venetian canals, hilltop Bavarian castles, snow-capped Swiss mountain ranges, and bustling medieval cities? Some would say this trip and, sure, they’d be right. But what do you really get? A fairytale.
In a sorority? Bond with your sisters on an adventure of a lifetime. Learn how to earn free travel
Riding in a gondola through the canals of Venice
Yodeling from atop the majestic Swiss Alps
Raising a toast inside Munich’s legendary Hofbräuhaus
Saying, “Hasn’t everyone been to Liechtenstein?”
Living a fairytale on the balcony of a hilltop castle
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
8 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
3 insider city tours with local guides
Admission to St. Mark’s Basilica in Venice
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Pack your appetite for adventure (and pasta) and board your overnight flight to Italy. This is the time to rest up—new countries, cultures, and cuisines await.
- Day 2: Arrive in Venice + Welcome Dinner
Benvenuto (welcome) to the Venice Region, otherwise known as Veneto. Once one of the richest and largest maritime trade empires in the world, the sheer number of canals, bridges, and boats should come as no surprise. You’ll drop off your bags, stretch your legs, then venture over to an authentic neighborhood on the western side of Venice.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
- Travel to and tour the Santa Margherita neighborhood of Venice.
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Venice
On your first full day of adventure, you’ll arrive at the gorgeous St. Mark’s Square after a short boat ride into the city. You’ll be met by a local guide who’ll show you the famous sights of the city, including the intricate artwork of St. Mark’s Basilica. Just remember to observe the local custom of covering your shoulders and knees before entering—but covering your mouth in awe is completely up to you.
- Arrive in true Venetian style at St. Mark’s square via the Giudecca Canal.
- Skip the line and gawk at the golden ceiling of St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Stand in the footprints of history on the Rialto Bridge, the oldest spanning the Grand Canal.
- See for yourself why the 15th century Scala Contarini del Bovolo staircase literally means ‘of the snail’.
- Watch a local artist in action during a glass blowing demonstration.
Free time suggestions
Gondola Ride on the Grand Canal: What better way to experience a city known for its bridges and canals than with a gondola ride down the grandest of them all? Your Tour Director will point you in the right direction if decide you want a ride but finding the gondoliers yourself won’t be hard either—just look for their traditional uniform of black pants and striped shirts.
Libreria Acqua Alta: Calling itself the most beautiful bookstore in the world, this gem is absolutely worth the visit. Wander through charming rooms stacked wall-to-wall with books in this unique shop that battles the nearly constant flooding by placing some of its books in waterproof basins, bathtubs, and boats.
- Day 4: Travel to Salzburg via Innsbruck
Put the canals of Venice in the rearview and set your sights on the city known for Mozart and The Sound of Music. Along the way you’ll stop in the town of Innsbruck, Austria, a popular destination for winter sports featuring colorful architecture set against the jagged peaks of the Alps.
- Travel by bus from Venice to Salzburg, gaining altitude and a newfound appreciation of the towering Alps as you go.
- Take a deep breath of fresh mountain air while you explore the scenic town of Innsbruck with your Tour Director.
- Arrive in Salzburg and enjoy a free evening to explore the city on your own.
- Day 5: Explore Salzburg + Optional Suds & Slides
Sitting on the northern boundary of the Alps, Salzburg is known for its well-preserved baroque architecture and stunning alpine setting. Its name literally means ‘salt castle’ but we suggest opting for a delicious local strudel instead.
- Join a local guide for a tour of the city including Kapitelplatz, Residenzplatz, and Old Town.
- Stand before Sphaera, a prominent piece of art featuring a large golden sphere with a man perched on top.
- Browse Alter Markt, the oldest weekly market in the city known for its selection of dairy, cabbages, and herbs.
Free time suggestions
Hohensalzburg Fortress: Dominating the city’s skyline atop Festungsberg mountain, this fortress is the largest fully preserved castle in Central Europe. Built in 1077 and never once captured by foreign troops, it nonetheless provides an amazing vantage point for its visitors.
Sound of Music Tour: Walk in the footsteps of the von Trapp family as you explore original shooting locations and pose for the camera—just remember to think about a few of your favorite things to make sure you’re in character.
Suds & Slides (extra cost)
Note: This excursion is seasonal and only runs from mid-May through mid-October. Availability is subject to your tour’s departure date and weather that day. In the event that the “Slides” portion is cancelled on the day of this activity, the brewery portion will still run and travelers will be refunded for the “Slides” portion.
Remember how much you loved the playground? Today will be like that, except the slide is nearly a mile and a half long and comes with magnificent panoramic views of the Alps—and a pit stop at a local brewery.
- Day 6: Travel to Munich
Make your way to a major center of German art, music, and innovation. Considered by many to be the greatest beer destination in the world, it’s no wonder that it was rated as the world’s most livable city. And even if you’re not there during Oktoberfest, the beer still flows freely. Prost!
- Follow a local guide on a tour of Munich’s main attractions including Frauenkirche, Marienplatz, and Glockenspiel.
- Tempt yourself with the delicious array of food and drink in the massive farmer’s market and beer garden of Viktualienmarkt.
- Stop by Hofbräuhaus, the most famous beer hall in the world, and have a stein on your own dime.
- Day 7: Free Day in Munich + Optional Trip to Dachau
Let your heart, or your stomach, take the lead on a day that’s completely up to you. Explore, sample the local fare (hint: sausages are wildly popular), and keep your eyes and ears peeled for a live show from a traditional Oompah band. Lederhosen optional.
Free time suggestions
BMW Museum: Pick up a ticket and discover an impressive collection of over 120 of BMW’s most valuable and attractive automobiles and motorcycles. The past, present, and future are all on display at this monument to German innovation and engineering.
Bike through Englischer Garten: One of the world’s largest urban parks at over 900 acres, this English style garden has a lot to explore. Pedal your way by the Japanese teahouse, a stream with a standing wave surfed by locals, and more.
Dachau (extra cost)
Once a typical German town, Dachau was the first Nazi concentration camp during World War II.
- Day 8: Travel to the Lucerne Region via Neuschwanstein Castle
Get ready to roll out of Germany—but not before stopping by a castle so picturesque it’s rumored to be the inspiration behind Cinderella’s castle. Then it’s off to Switzerland, home to some of the finest chocolate in the world.
- Climb aboard the private bus for a scenic ride across the European countryside.
- Take a guided tour of Neuschwanstein Castle before heading up to Mary’s Bridge for the best view of the day.
- Check another country off your list as you arrive Switzerland.
- Day 9: Tour Lucerne + Optional Trip Up the Swiss Alps
Breathe in fresh lake air with hints of fresh chocolate (it might only be your imagination) as you explore a charming city overlooked by the snow-capped peaks of the Alps. It won’t take long to see why so many people flock to Switzerland—and seemingly never want to leave.
Share some laughs and any stories you may have missed along the way at this included farewell dinner with the group.
- Get introduced to the city with a guided tour from your Tour Director.
- Stand in wonder before Löwendenkmal, an impressive sculpture of a wounded lion carved into a sheer rock cliff.
- Stroll across the Kapellbrücke, a covered wooden footbridge featuring a series of paintings dating back to the 17th century.
Trip up the Swiss Alps (extra cost)
Take an amazing trip to the top of a mountain in the Swiss Alps. Cross Lake Lucerne by boat, then ride a cable car to the summit. Take in the incredible panoramic views of Lucerne, its pristine lake, and the majestic Alps.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 10: Fly Home
Auf Wiedersehen, Freunde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Overall rating: 4.8 out of 5
Based on 334 authentic traveler reviews
Absolutely amazing!!Savannah, traveled Sep.. 2021
This is my first time traveling with EF as well as traveling out of the country so I was very nervous to take such a big step and travel to so many countries with strangers through a company I didn’t really know anything about but this was the best decision I could ever make ! This was an amazing trip, from the views and the food to the wonderful people I me... See more
THIS IS YOUR SIGN!Vivian, traveled May. 2022
WOW. That’s all I can say!! This was my second EF trip & I absolutely loved it!! All the destinations were beyond beautiful and amazingly planned. Our tour director was Marco and if you are able to request him, do not hesitate!!! He made the trip truly one to remember! If you need a sign to book this trip, this is it! This trip was not too overwhelming becau... See more
AmazingAspasia, traveled May. 2022
Would highly recommend!!! Marco was a fantastic tour guide. Super knowledgeable and went out of his way to make sure we were all taken care of. You will not regret taking this trip.
A Great Introduction To EuropeAlvaro, traveled Apr.. 2022
Great first introduction to Europe! The views were magnificent, the food, architecture, and landscapes of each place were amazing, definitely would recommend this trip to anyone who hasn’t been to Europe and loves great food and views!