This trip is culture meets the French outdoors meets buttery carbs. From classic hits like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, to sky-high mountains in the French Alps and relaxing beaches in the French Riviera—this is France like it’s meant to be seen.
Kicking back on the beaches of the French Riviera
Looking up—way up—at Mont Blanc in the French Alps
Experiencing Verdon Gorge, one of France’s most incredible natural wonders
Feasting your eyes on some of Paris’s most notable landmarks
Gazing at the Eiffel Tower and its shimmering lights
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book 'em yourself)
11 nights in handpicked accommodations
11 breakfasts and 2 dinners
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
1 insider city tour with local guide
Entrance to Eiffel Tower
- Day 1: Overnight flight to Nice
Dream croissant dreams on your overnight flight to Nice, France.
- Day 2: Arrive in Nice
Welcome to Nice. Cue the French café music and ready your appetite—it’s going to be magnificent.
- Meet an EF representative and fellow travelers as they arrive at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation to check in and check out your room.
- Enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers.
- Day 3: Beach day + Optional Monaco trip
You’re in the French Riviera, which means—among other things—there are beaches to explore. Feeling fancy? Opt in for an optional trip to swanky Monaco, the world’s second-smallest country.
- Hit the beach with your group.
- Start dreaming of all the French food you want to try while you’re here.
- Day 4: Beach day + Optional Winery & Perfume Tour
Another day, another opportunity to explore the stunning beaches of the French Riviera. Thirsty? Check out the optional winery and perfume tour in the afternoon.
- Enjoy a gorgeous day relaxing on a gorgeous French beach.
- Taste-test some local favorites on your own, including socca, the South of France’s take on the traditional crepe. Step aside, Parisian pastries!
- Day 5: Day trip to St. Tropez
Experience one of the liveliest, most yacht-filled places in the French Riviera on today’s adventure to the coastal town of St. Tropez.
- Check out the streets and beaches of St. Tropez with your Tour Director.
- Enjoy some free time to explore beaches, restaurants, and, of course, the yachts.
- Day 6: Travel to Avignon via Verdon Gorge
On your way to Avignon, stop at Verdon Gorge river canyon for some lunch and water activities. Look around—what you see is no mirage. But it is paradise.
- Catch stunning views of Verdon Gorge from (included) pedal boats or kayaks on the Lake of Sainte Croix.
- Continue on to Avignon, and do some exploring on your own when you arrive.
- Day 7: Tour Avignon
You’re in Avignon, a city known for its gothic papal palace, where seven different Popes resided during the 14th century.
- Join a local guide for an insider tour of Avignon.
- Step inside the magnificent Papal Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Stroll through the historic town center, which is surrounded by the city’s original medieval walls.
- Day 8: Travel to Chamonix
You’re off to the land of really tall mountains. Located in the French Alps, Chamonix is an adventurer’s paradise, with outdoor activities galore.
- Travel by bus to Chamonix—and look out the window at the scenic countryside.
- Join your Tour Director for a walking tour of this world-famous mountain resort town.
- Day 9: Aiguille du Midi & Mont Blanc
Time to up the altitude. Charge your phone and get ready to snap some incredible photos of the surrounding mountains in Chamonix.
- Ride a train partway up the mountain before switching to hiking-mode.
- Hike to Signal Forbes for views of what’s left of an enormous glacier.
- Purchase cable car tickets to Aiguille du Midi’s summit at 12,600 feet, or head back to Chamonix for some free time.
- Day 10: Travel to Paris + Optional Seine River Cruise
Today you’ll continue to Paris, also known as the City of Lights. Once you arrive, you’ll have the option to partake in a Seine River Cruise.
- Travel by bus to Paris.
- Get to know the area around your accommodation before venturing out into the city.
- Day 11: Explore Paris
Explore the city with your Tour Director for an authentic introduction to Parisian life and culture.
- Tour the Eiffel Tower, one of the most iconic structures in all of Europe.
- Follow your nose to the nearest café or crêperie for a taste of Parisian cuisine.
Free time suggestions
The Louvre: Visit the largest art museum in the world, with an astounding collection of art from around the world—from the Palace to the glass Pyramid to the Mona Lisa.
Catacombs of Paris: Dare to step through the “Gate of Hell” on your way below the city streets and you’ll be greeted by walls of stacked skulls and bones of past Parisians.
- Day 12: Free day in Paris + Optional Versailles Excursion
Take part in for an optional tour of Versailles or take the day to continue exploring the city. At night, enjoy an included Farewell Dinner with the group.
Free time suggestions
Shopping on Champs-Élysées: Make your way to the famous Champs-Élysées, which connects the Arc de Triomphe with the Place de la Concorde, and shop to your heart’s content.
Le Marais: Head to this vibrant LGBTQ+-friendly neighborhood for bar-hopping, restaurant-hopping, and boutique-hopping.
Versailles (extra cost)
Walk through the landscaped gardens, and tour the living quarters of the famous over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. This is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution.
Please note: The Palace of Versailles is closed on Mondays. In the event that the itinerary day containing this optional lands on a Monday for your departure, the optional will take place the following day.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than thirty days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 13: Fly home
Au revoir les amis!
Translation: Goodbye, friends! Your next destination awaits—home. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?