Iceland is many things—it’s beautiful, it’s unique, and it’s breathtaking. But perhaps most importantly, it’s an escape from the everyday. Leave your worries behind and immerse yourself in a world of volcanoes, glaciers, waterfalls, and yes, even trolls.
Oohing and aahing your way around the Golden Circle
Indulging in the ultimate spa day at the Blue Lagoon
Searching for rainbows and gold behind Skogafoss waterfall
Tasting Icelandic food like fermented shark or sheep’s head (or not)
Wandering the vibrant streets of Reykjavik
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
4 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
Immersive Golden Circle tour
Entrance to the Blue Lagoon
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Iceland. Sit back, relax, and learn how to say ‘vaðlaheiðarvegavinnuverkfærageymsluskúraútidyralyklakippuhringur’, the longest word in Icelandic.
- Day 2: Arrive in Reykjavík + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Iceland, the "Land of Fire and Ice", and home to active volcanoes, striking glaciers, and really tiny horses (but don’t call them ponies).
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodations and check in.
- Get familiar with Reykjavik with an introductory walk with your Tour Director through the Old Town Center.
Free time suggestions
Go Carnivore: Grab a dog with everything on it at the Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur hot dog stand for a true taste of Iceland.
Micro-Manage: For the best craft beer in the city, look no further than Micro Bar, with 5-10 Icelandic beers always on draft.
- Day 3: A Golden Experience
Travel the Golden Circle, a route that hits Iceland’s most magnificent natural wonders. Is there a waterfall? Yep. Geysers? Multiple. The meeting point of continental plates? Of course. Also, enjoy a delicious lunch buffet following this special adventure!
- Walk between two continents at Thingvellir National Park, the boundary between the North American and the Eurasian tectonic plates.
- Visit the original site of the Althing, Iceland's national parliament that was founded in 930.
- Explore the Great Geysir Geothermal Area, and watch the Great Strokkur geyser erupt like Diet Coke and Mentos.
- Discover Gullfoss, better known as the "Golden Waterfall,” a natural wonder and one of the most powerful waterfalls in Europe.
- Day 4: Explore the South Coast
Set your sights to the south coast, a lowland region of lush farmland, striking waterfalls, beaches, glaciers, and picturesque villages.
- Find out what’s really on the other side of a waterfall by actually standing behind the powerful Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
- Stick your feet in the black sand at Reynisfjara Beach.
- Grab some gold from behind Skogafoss waterfall (according to legend, a Viking settler left some here around the year 900).
- View the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, which erupts once every few hundred years. Don’t worry—it erupted in 2010.
- Day 5: Enter the Blue Lagoon + Enjoy a Farewell Dinner
Get ready to feel relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated at the famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa. Then, cross off any remaining Iceland bucket list items you may have. Can you do it? Of course you can. You can do anything!
- Float weightlessly in the warm, light-blue waters.
- Remember to bring cucumbers for when you lather on a silica mud mask.
- Sweat it out with friends in the sauna or steam rooms.
- Kick back and take in the view from the relaxation area.
- Enjoy a Farewell Dinner in Reykjavík
- Day 6: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 59 authentic traveler reviews
Thank you, DavidSloane, traveled Sep.. 2021
I was initially hesitant to book this tour because it is a bit short and I was worried I was not going to get a good look at everything. The truth it, I saw more than I ever would have if I had traveled alone for twice as long. This is a fast-paced trip but that doesn't mean you don't have time to appreciate each and every excursion. David - thank you for... See more
Sooo Worth It!Anonymous, traveled Jul.. 2022
This was my first trip with EF and my first time traveling internationally! Although the trip was short, our tour guide David, made sure we did as much as we could do each day! And we still had plenty of free time to do whatever we wanted as well. I’ve enjoyed this experience so much I already have my next EF trip planned. (:
I had an amazing time!Deja, traveled Jul.. 2022
This trip was absolutely amazing. While the trip was short, you're able to see and experience a lot during your time in Iceland. It was well organized and David, our tour director was super helpful, knowledgeable, and had a great personality. I felt at ease during my first international trip. I believe that going to Iceland during the summer time is the per... See more
Just do it!Arianna, traveled Jul.. 2022
If you're having second thoughts about booking this trip, just do it. I got a lot of "why did you choose this place" when I booked it. I didn't have an answer at first but now i can assuredly say that Iceland is one of the most beautiful and unique countries I've been too. While every country is beautiful in their own right, Iceland has a dream like, quality... See more