From $3089 with flightsPayments as low as $90
Iceland is many things—it’s beautiful, it’s unique, and it’s breathtaking. But perhaps most importantly, it’s an escape from the everyday. Leave your worries behind and immerse yourself in a world of volcanoes, glaciers, waterfalls, and yes, even trolls.
Oohing and aahing your way around the Golden Circle
Indulging in the ultimate spa day at the Blue Lagoon
Searching for rainbows and gold behind Skogafoss waterfall
Tasting Icelandic food like fermented shark or sheep’s head (or not)
Wandering the vibrant streets of Reykjavik
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
4 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
Immersive Golden Circle tour
Entrance to the Blue Lagoon
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Iceland. Sit back, relax, and learn how to say ‘vaðlaheiðarvegavinnuverkfærageymsluskúraútidyralyklakippuhringur’, the longest word in Icelandic.
- Day 2: Arrive in Reykjavík + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Iceland, the "Land of Fire and Ice", and home to active volcanoes, striking glaciers, and really tiny horses (but don’t call them ponies).
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodations and check in.
- Get familiar with Reykjavik with an introductory walk with your Tour Director through the Old Town Center.
Free time suggestions
Go Carnivore: Grab a dog with everything on it at the Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur hot dog stand for a true taste of Iceland.
Micro-Manage: For the best craft beer in the city, look no further than Micro Bar, with 5-10 Icelandic beers always on draft.
- Day 3: A Golden Experience
Travel the Golden Circle, a route that hits Iceland’s most magnificent natural wonders. Is there a waterfall? Yep. Geysers? Multiple. The meeting point of continental plates? Of course. Also, enjoy a delicious lunch buffet following this special adventure!
- Walk between two continents at Thingvellir National Park, the boundary between the North American and the Eurasian tectonic plates.
- Visit the original site of the Althing, Iceland's national parliament that was founded in 930.
- Explore the Great Geysir Geothermal Area, and watch the Great Strokkur geyser erupt like Diet Coke and Mentos.
- Discover Gullfoss, better known as the "Golden Waterfall,” a natural wonder and one of the most powerful waterfalls in Europe.
- Day 4: Explore the South Coast
Set your sights to the south coast, a lowland region of lush farmland, striking waterfalls, beaches, glaciers, and picturesque villages.
- Find out what’s really on the other side of a waterfall by actually standing behind the powerful Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
- Stick your feet in the black sand at Reynisfjara Beach.
- Grab some gold from behind Skogafoss waterfall (according to legend, a Viking settler left some here around the year 900).
- View the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, which erupts once every few hundred years. Don’t worry—it erupted in 2010.
- Day 5: Enter the Blue Lagoon + Enjoy a Farewell Dinner
Get ready to feel relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated at the famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa. Then, cross off any remaining Iceland bucket list items you may have. Can you do it? Of course you can. You can do anything!
- Float weightlessly in the warm, light-blue waters.
- Remember to bring cucumbers for when you lather on a silica mud mask.
- Sweat it out with friends in the sauna or steam rooms.
- Kick back and take in the view from the relaxation area.
- Enjoy a Farewell Dinner in Reykjavík
- Day 6: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 4.9 out of 5
Based on 91 authentic traveler reviews
Thank you, DavidSloane, traveled Sep. 2021
I was initially hesitant to book this tour because it is a bit short and I was worried I was not going to get a good look at everything. The truth it, I saw more than I ever would have if I had traveled alone for twice as long. This is a fast-paced trip but that doesn't mean you don't have time to appreciate each and every excursion. David - thank you for... See more
I <3 IcelandAnonymous, traveled May 2023
Iceland is Amazing! Great Country with beautiful scenery and Friendly people :) Truly an amazing experience! Marco, Our tour guide was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the History and Geology of Iceland! I would totally go again! Reykjavík is a great capital! Super easy to navigate also! P.S the Bakery’s are Fantastic!!!!! :)
Great for first time solo travelerJennifer, traveled May 2023
This was such an amazing trip and a great way to try out traveling solo. Most of the group was solo travelers, the country is very safe and easy to navigate through, but the best part were the tours of the surrounding areas, they were breathtaking. Marco was a great guide and did a fantastic job working with our large group.
Iceland 2023Genevieve, traveled May 2023
This was the perfect way to end a long semester at school. I traveled with my old roommate from college and we were able to reconnect and share our passion for traveling the world. The trip planned so well with an appropriate amount of freetime to explore on your own as well as scheduled excursions. I can't wait to book my next trip!