Iceland is many things—it’s beautiful, it’s unique, and it’s breathtaking. But perhaps most importantly, it’s an escape from the everyday. Leave your worries behind and immerse yourself in a world of volcanoes, glaciers, waterfalls, and yes, even trolls.
Planning a trip with a group? Rally a crew of friends and you could travel for free. Find out more
Oohing and aahing your way around the Golden Circle
Indulging in the ultimate spa day at the Blue Lagoon
Searching for rainbows and gold behind Skogafoss waterfall
Tasting Icelandic food like fermented shark or sheep’s head (or not)
Scanning the night skies for the elusive and breathtaking northern lights
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
4 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
Immersive Golden Circle tour
Entrance to the Blue Lagoon
Stunning Northern Lights tour
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Sit back, relax, and pass the time on your overnight flight to Iceland by attempting to pronounce ‘vaðlaheiðarvegavinnuverkfærageymsluskúraútidyralyklakippuhringur,’ AKA the longest word in Icelandic.
- Day 2: Explore Reykjavík + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Iceland, the "Land of Fire and Ice,” and the home of active volcanoes, striking glaciers, really tall people descended from Vikings, and really tiny horses.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with Reykjavik with an introductory walk with your Tour Director through the Old Town Center.
Free time suggestions
Hallgrímskirkja Church Tower: Visit the Hallgrímskirkja church observation tower for an unbelievable aerial view of Reykjavík and the surrounding mountains.
Micro Bar: For the best craft beer in the city, look no further than Micro Bar, with 5-10 Icelandic beers always on draft.
The Hot Dog Stand: Icelanders love hot dogs. Hit either Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur, or the simply named Hot Dog Stand, and get a lamb hot dog with everything: raw onions, fried onions, ketchup, sweet mustard, and a mayo remoulade sauce.
- Day 3: Experience the Golden Circle + Northern Lights Hunt
Travel the Golden Circle, a route that hits Iceland’s most magnificent natural wonders. Is there a waterfall? Yep. Geysers? Multiple. The meeting point of continental plates? Of course. Also, enjoy a delicious lunch buffet following this special adventure!
- Walk between two continents at Thingvellir National Park, the boundary between the North American and the Eurasian tectonic plates.
- Explore the Great Geysir Geothermal Area, and watch the Great Strokkur geyser erupt like Diet Coke and Mentos.
- Discover Gullfoss, better known as the "Golden Waterfall,” a natural wonder and one of the most powerful waterfalls in Europe.
- Board a bus to search for the elusive Northern Lights.
- Day 4: Explore the South Coast
Set your sights to the south coast, a lowland region of striking waterfalls, glaciers, and volcanoes. To anyone attempting to pronounce them, we salute you.
- Find out what's really on the other side of a waterfall by actually standing behind the powerful Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
- Explore Skogafoss waterfall—where, according to legend, a Viking settler left some treasure here around the year 900.
- View the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, which erupts once every few hundred years—don’t worry, you’ll be seeing it from a distance
- Stick your feet in the rich black sand, gawk at the giant basalt columns, and generally peak at Reynisfjara beach.
- Day 5: Blue Lagoon + Farewell Dinner
Get ready to feel relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated at the famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa. Plus, it’s your last day to cross off any remaining bucket list items. Time to get lagoon-ing!
- Float weightlessly in the warm, light-blue waters.
- Remember to bring cucumbers for when you lather on a silica mud mask.
- Sweat it out with friends in the sauna or steam rooms.
- Kick back and take in the view from the relaxation area.
Free time suggestions
National Museum of Iceland: Visit the National Museum of Iceland and trace the history of the Icelandic nation from the Viking settlements to the present day.
Fermented shark: Feeling brave? Fermented shark is one of Iceland’s national dishes, and is a must-try for the adventurous foodies out there. Be warned, it’s an all out assault on your nostrils, but apparently doesn’t taste as bad as it smells. Good luck!
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
- Day 6: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 4.8 out of 5
Based on 126 authentic traveler reviews
Winter Escape MagicRobert, traveled Feb. 2020
I have been to some incredible places in my life and had some really cool tour guides as well but this whole experience was no less than magical. I even saw the Northern Lights on the flight to Iceland! This is a must for anyone who enjoys the outdoors and nature as a whole!
Amazing trip!Stephanie, traveled Jan. 2023
I absolutely LOVED this trip. This was my first solo trip and first trip with EF and I was terrified to go and I am so happy I went. Iceland is absolutely beautiful and there is so much to see and do and I enjoyed every minute of it. My group was awesome and everyone got along so great. Our tour guide David was the absolute best and made the experience extra... See more
AMAZING TRIP!Anonymous, traveled Jan. 2023
AMAZING! My first trip with EF... I def recommend going with friends or solo. Already booked my next one...
I need to go back!Zoe, traveled Dec. 2022
This trip was absolutely amazing! I went with a friend, and it was her first trip abroad. We loved our tour guide, David. He was so funny and knowledgeable about everything in Iceland. Iceland is such a beautiful country, I want to go back! I only wish this tour had just one more day, because there was just so much I wanted to do and see.