Enjoy the mix of culture, royalty and nightlife of London before stepping back in time to medieval Edinburgh, where old meets new around every corner. From castles, culture, whiskey and whimsy, this trip is the perfect blend of bucket list sights, pub culture and incredible accents.
What are the top highlights?
- Explore Edinburgh’s intricate network of nooks and cozy crannies
- Hear bagpipes while walking the Royal Mile
- Hike to Arthur’s seat for stunning views of Edinburgh Castle
- Sample locally distilled Scotch
- Go for high tea after catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Head to the world famous British Museum to see the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon sculptures and some mummies
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in London
- Entrance to Edinburgh Castle & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for London. Get ready to see The Clock Tower, home of Big Ben, which is actually the bell inside the tower. #LondonFacts
- Day 2: Arrive in London + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Europe! Your bus transfer will be waiting at the airport when you arrive. Today is the day to adjust, make new friends and start the journey right.
- Arrive in London and transfer to your accommodation.
- Take a brief walk of the area with your group’s personal Tour Director.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Day 3: Tour London + Optional London Eye and River Cruise
Experience London’s most iconic sites with a local guide for a walking tour of the city.
- See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, all the while hearing about their unique stories from your local guide.
- Learn how to tell if the Queen is home at Buckingham Palace.
- Check out the medieval Tower of London juxtaposed against the modern cityscape.
Take the rest of the day to return to any of these sites or find some favorites of your own.
London Eye & River Cruise (extra cost)
See London properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks. Then, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets included.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 14 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 4: Enjoy a Free Day in London
Take the day to explore. Walk through some of the many royal gardens, shop on Oxford Street, go for high tea, or explore the city by foot. At 607 square miles, the city is an easy place to get your 10,000 steps in. Looking for a different perspective? See the city by boat and by giant ferris wheel during an optional excursion.
- Walk the cobblestone streets of London.
- Explore Piccadilly Circus. You won’t find clowns and trapeze artists here. Just shopping and all the entertainment your heart desires.
- Sip on a cup of English Breakfast at high tea—don’t forget, pinky’s up!
- Day 5: Travel to Edinburgh + Tour Edinburgh
All aboard! Catch your train from King's Cross Station to Edinburgh, Scotland. Built on two extinct volcanoes, Edinburgh is an enchanting labyrinth of narrow alleyways, cozy pubs, and storybook castles. You'll get an in-depth look at Scottish history and modern day life with a guided sightseeing tour of the city and castle.
- Disappear into Platform 9¾ at King's Cross Station, where you'll board your train for Edinburgh.
- Watch the lush countryside and stunning sea roll by on your dreamlike journey to Scotland.
- View the Scottish Crown Jewels in Edinburgh Castle.
- Walk the Great Hall and see the armor, swords and medieval decor that line the walls.
- Visit the Elephant House Cafe, where the first Harry Potter book was written.
After your tour, the evening is free to explore on your own. Catch live music in a pub, tour the haunted vaults below the city, hike to Arthur's Seat, and take in a city that feels too magical to actually exist in real life.
- Day 6: The Scottish Highlands
Spend the day exploring the Scottish Highlands*. Its beauty is everywhere, so take in the view and a deep breath—because this is Scotland’s great outdoors.
- Grab some face paint and relive Braveheart at Stirling Castle, the site of many battles during the Wars of Scottish Independence.
- Take a stroll through Trossachs National Park, which features the biggest freshwater body in the UK.
- Enjoy the scenery as you drive through the rolling meadows and mountain ranges of the Scottish countryside.
*Excursion only offered May–October. Winter travelers will have a free day to enjoy Edinburgh.
- Day 7: Free Day in Edinburgh
Free Time Suggestions
Brew Lab: This specialty shop serves up delicious artisanal coffee. It’s also the perfect place to sample the wares of some other indie Edinburgh icons, including soup from Union of Genius and cakes from Lovecrumbs.
Arthur’s Seat: Visible from pretty much everywhere in the city, this extinct volcanic peak is a relatively easy hike with a killer view.
Old Town: Walk the winding streets lined with everything from candy-colored shops to local pubs to souvenir shops.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Day 8: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Overall rating: 4.6 out of 5
Based on 87 authentic traveler reviews
Absolutely wonderful!Ashley, traveled Mar 2020
I just returned from a trip to England and Scotland - it was phenomenal! The experiences and itinerary alone were more than enough to recommend the tour. But more notable was the response to the declaration of a pandemic. Something I’m sure is always prepared for but never actually had to be implemented. The company offered several options to move and change... See more
- Anonymous, traveled Dec 2019
If you’ve ever considered spending New Years in another country, do it. Experiencing the celebration of a new year surrounded by thousands of people from all over the world is incredible, and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay celebration was one I’ll never forget. But NYE aside, London and Scotland is the perfect trip if it’s your first time going abroad or even your 5th... See more
First EFJake, traveled Dec 2019
First EF trip I've taken and first time leaving the country. Our tour guide in London was absolutely fantastic! I believe his name was Steward. Constantly kept us engaged during the walking tour making great jokes. Unknowingly to everyone in the group he went out of his way for a fantastic surprise during the tour. I'd hate to say what that surprise is so ot... See more
- Anonymous, traveled Dec 2019
London and Edinburgh were awesome! The trip was a nice combination of having things planned with the group and then being able to have free time to go out and do your own thing. I recommend doing any extra excursions including ones that your tour director leads on free days, like going to the Highlands in Edinburgh. Also, if people in your group are going to... See more