Celebrate New Year’s in London! London, Paris, and Amsterdam are so quintessentially European, it seems like every building is fit for a king, every recipe has been passed down from someone’s grandma’s grandma, and even the scarves have scarves. The great news is that we've got you covered—from the best place for macarons in Paris or late-night fish & chips in London, to the inside scoop on every museum. Saunter down French boulevards, consume London’s immense history and bike up, down, and all-around Amsterdam’s friendly confines. This is Europe 101, and class is in session.
What are the top highlights?
- Count down to the new year in London
- Meet Ben and Abbey in London, AKA Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Go for high tea before catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Pedal through the streets of Amsterdam amongst hundreds of thousands of bikes
- Marvel at the City of Light from the Champs de Mars
- Taste savory and sweet crepes in the capital of culinary creations
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & trains between cities
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Eurostar train from London to Paris
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast, Welcome Dinner & Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each city
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight bound for London. Your adventure begins tomorrow, so sit back, shut your eyes, and do as the English do and try and catch some “zeds.”
- Day 2: Arrive in London
Welcome to London. Home of the Queen, tea, a wonderfully different form of the English language, and the largest city in Western Europe. Brimming with history and unique architecture, you’ll soon understand why it’s one of the most visited cities in the world.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director including the River Thames, Trafalgar & Leicester Squares, and Covent Garden.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of London + New Year’s Eve Celebration
Go big and go British today as a local guide takes you all around town for the inside scoop on London’s iconic palaces, churches, castles, and yes, even a big old clock.
- Dive into thousands of years of London’s secrets with a local guide.
- Immerse yourself in London’s rich history at gorgeous landmarks from the Tower of London and St. Paul’s Cathedral to Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
- Experience a royal ritual during the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
- Wave hello to Big Ben, the bell inside the famous clock tower. Though it’s under construction until 2021, rest assured that Ben says hello from behind the scaffolding.
Count down the New Year in style with dinner, drinks, and a midnight toast with your new group of friends. Cheers!
Free Time Suggestions
Abbey Road: Want to walk in the literal footsteps of greatness? Head over to this famous thoroughfare and make your way to its southeastern end. There you’ll find the studio where the Beatles recorded their final studio album and the crosswalk they made famous with its cover.
Harrods: You don’t have to buy a ticket to get into the world’s most famous department store, but once you’re inside, all bets are off. At over a million square feet with 330 departments, its motto of “all things for all people, everywhere” makes complete sense.
- Day 4: Free Day in London + Optional London Eye & River Cruise
Use this free day to check out and check off anything you may have missed in one of the world’s greatest cities. Dive in and act like you belong with some local slang, try some famous fare (looking at you fish and chips), and explore until you’re too knackered (tired) to continue.
Free Time Suggestions
The British Museum: Discover over 2 million years of human history at this free museum. With over 8 million objects and counting, it is one of the largest and most comprehensive collections in existence—so don’t expect to see it all.
Westminster Abbey: This historic, royal church is the traditional place of coronation and burial for British monarchs. The mainly Gothic façade leads to a gorgeous array of paintings, stained glass, and artifacts. Get yourself a ticket and you’ll be treated to more than just a house of worship.
London Eye & River Cruise (extra cost)
See London properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks. Then, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets included.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 14 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 5: Travel to Paris + Sightseeing Tour
Bonjour, France! Today you’ll take an underwater train ride to the City of Light, also known as the capital and most populous city in France. Get ready to feast on croissants, baguettes, and any other deliciousness you can get your hands on while enjoying every moment as a temporary Parisian.
- Follow your Tour Director on a walking tour of the city and its sights including the legendary Notre-Dame Cathedral.
- Float down the River Seine during a scenic boat ride that makes its way through the true heart of the city.
- Watch the world-famous lights of the Eiffel Tower sparkle (every hour, on the hour after sunset).
- Day 6: Tour Paris + Optional Versailles Excursion
Take the best bus ride of your life on this guided bus tour around Paris. See famous sights like the Arc de Triomphe, explore on foot during a couple of planned stops, and hope that there’s enough time to stop by Le Marais—the trendiest shopping area in the city.
- Saunter along the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. Known for its theatres and cafes—you may also recognize it as the finish line of the Tour de France.
- Find peace of mind at Luxembourg Gardens, a tasteful collection of tree-lined promenades, flowerbeds, statues, and the Medici Fountain.
Free Time Suggestions
Moulin Rouge: The original version of this famed cabaret burned down in 1915, but the birthplace of the modern can-can dance lives on. Just look for the large red windmill on the roof, buy yourself a ticket, and then send your friends the pics to prove it.
Montmartre: Once an artists’ village and the stomping grounds of Picasso and Dalí, this charming hilltop district is now home to numerous nightclubs and the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré-Cœur. Walk its steep, winding streets for sweeping views of the city below.
Versailles (extra cost)
Walk through the landscaped gardens, and tour the living quarters of the famous over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. This is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 30 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 7: Free Time in Paris
Oui! A free day to wander the city of love. Get inspired, get lost, and get your fill of new foods like coq au vin (chicken braised with wine). At over 40 square miles there’s always something new to discover, so keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready.
Free Time Suggestions
Catacombs of Paris: Dare to step through the “Gate of Hell” on your way below the city streets and you’ll be greeted by walls of stacked skulls and bones of past Parisians. Once only considered a novelty, this absolutely eerie attraction is now designated as an official museum.
The Louvre: Once the home of French kings and now the largest art museum in the world, this astounding collection of art from around the world is not to be missed. From the Palace to the glass Pyramid to the Mona Lisa itself, you’ll be surrounded by history and beauty at every turn.
- Day 8: Travel to Amsterdam + Sightseeing Tour
Trade croissants for canals, you’re on your way to Amsterdam. Arrive by train at the elegant, Renaissance Revival-style Centraal Station. Then it’s off to explore the city that’s home to the Van Gogh Museum, the infamous Red Light District, and a boatload of floating houses.
- Add another stamp to your passport as you arrive at the ‘Venice of the North.’
- Join a local guide for a walking tour of the city that includes stops at Damrak and Neumarkt Squares.
- Find your way to the narrow canals and streets of the trendy Jordaan neighborhood for indie boutiques, hip eateries, and antiques galore.
Free Time Suggestions
Anne Frank: Explore the life and times of Anne Frank in this preserved canal side house-turned-museum. See the secret annex where Anne, and her brave family, hid from Nazi persecution during WWII. But plan ahead, tickets have to be purchased months in advance.
Bloemenmarkt: Looking for flowers? Head to what was once the only floating flower market in the world. Today, you’ll find it bobbing on the city’s southern canal belt selling fresh flowers, gifts, and an assortment of the famously pretty Dutch tulip bulbs.
- Day 9: Optional Countryside Bike Tour + Free Day in Amsterdam + Farewell Dinner
Take advantage of your free day in one of the most diverse and bike friendly cities on the planet. Walk or ride across the countless bridges, wonder what it’s like to live in a houseboat, and maybe even stop by one of the coffeeshops that don’t just sell coffee.
Free Time Suggestions
Heineken Experience: Whether you’re a big beer fan or just thirsty, this is a stop you’ll want to make. Once the main brewery for this green bottled beer and now a museum, you’ll take a self-guided interactive tour to learn the history of this brew before getting to enjoy two of your own.
Poffertjes and Herring: You’ve heard of chicken and waffles, but what about pancakes and fish? No, not together, but we do recommend trying them both. Nibble small, fluffy pancakes called Poffertjes, try some fresh herring, served raw with onion.
Van Gogh Museum: Enter the world of Vincent Van Gogh at this museum dedicated to his life and work. The quintessential tortured artist and arguably the greatest of the post-impressionists, if you’re an art lover—buying a ticket is a must.
Dutch Countryside Bike Tour (extra cost)
Bike like a local into the stunning Dutch countryside. Ride through rural landscapes past picturesque windmills and 17th century villages, then enjoy pancakes and a drink in the quaint Waterland region by the sea.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 10: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends! Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Simple, flexible booking
Lock in your spot, then pay over time. If you change your mind, we’ll help you change your trip—no fees, no fuss. It’s really that easy.
Overall rating: 4.9 out of 5
Based on 120 authentic traveler reviews
A Dream ConeWimberly, traveled May. 2019
This trip was a dream come true! I never thought I would ever get the chance to see these fabulous locations. London was my absolute favorite! I finally got to see some places I wanted to visit since I was a young teen. It was soul fulfilling! Paris, while was a low point personally, was absolutely beautiful! I loved seeing the famous locations and having ... See more
Doing it Agin!Alejandra, traveled Mar. 2020
This trip was something I purchased on the fly, with little-to-no thought, after receiving EF emails for some time. I purchased it about a year in advance and was so proud of myself for doing so. I didn't tell nor invite anyone because I wanted this to be MY gift to myself. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made and one of the best gifts I've ever r... See more
FIRST EXPERIENCE TRAVELING SOLOErika, traveled Dec. 2019
Where do I begin.....This was my first trip out of the country all alone. It was a bit scary but everyone I met on this trip was awesome and very friendly! Bas, our guide made it so much fun and he was there to help with anything and everything. I recommend to go to all the museums and just get to know different places. I fell in love with Versailles and can... See more