Start your year off right with a 10-day adventure of four countries, seven cities and one epic party. Countdown to the New Year in Munich and watch the fireworks set the city aglow. Visit fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle, take in snowy views from atop the Swiss Alps and enjoy a serene winter gondola ride through the canals of Venice.
What are the top highlights?
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Munich
- Test your yodeling skills in the pristine Swiss Alps
- Visit Neuschwanstein, the majestic hilltop castle that inspired a familiar Disney icon
- Wash down hearty Bavarian food with a stein. Or three.
- Raise your glass in Munich’s lively beer halls
- Cover six cities and five countries in 10 days
- Float through the Venetian canals aboard a traditional gondola
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro pass in Munich
- Entrance to Neuschwanstein Castle, St. Mark's Basilica & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Italy. Get ready to eat spaghetti on penne on linguine on fettuccine on gnocchi on ravioli on chocolate gelato (not literally, but maybe literally).
- Day 2: Arrive in Venice + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Venice, the renowned former naval power of Italy. Grab your walking shoes, a good map (like a really good map) and hit the narrow, winding, organized, yet maddeningly confusing streets. The one-of-a-kind canals have to be seen to be appreciated. Watch the gondolas, browse the shops and eat the gelato until you can't eat anymore. Then eat more.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodations and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Get oriented to the city with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
- In the evening, it’s time for our Welcome Dinner!
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Venice (Local Guide)
Get ready to see Venice through the eyes of a local Italian. Your guide will show you canals, an extraordinary basilica, and a staircase shaped like a snail. Have you had enough pasta yet? No. The answer is no. Eat more pasta.
- Enter St. Mark’s Basilica and bask in the mosaics inlaid in the golden ceiling (Crowds and schedule permitting the group will enter the basilica. If not, you’ll have the option to enter in your free time)
- Follow the winding Grand Canal through the heart of Venice.
- Play Marco Polo from across the Rialto Bridge, the oldest bridge in the city that connects San Marco and San Polo.
- See several historic churches and amble through picture-perfect piazzas.
- Take a water taxi back to the island, and discover what Venice has to offer once the sun goes down.
Free Time Suggestions
300 Years Old: Opened in 1720, Caffè Florian is the oldest café in the world. And while the venue may be old, their beliefs have always been ahead of their time. They were the only café to serve women during the 18th century. Nicely done, Florian.
Jazz it Up: Looking for an intimate, authentic music experience? Venice Jazz Club hosts talented, local musicians in a low-lit, artsy atmosphere. Grab dinner, drinks, and some smooth, sexy jazz at a club where you’ll feel as though you’ve stumbled upon a magical, hidden gem. That’s because you have.
- Day 4: Travel to Salzburg via Innsbruck
You’re off to Salzburg! This city is known for Mozart, The Sound of Music, and a big ‘ol fortress that sits high above. On your way, stop in Innsbruck, Austria, and gape at the colorful buildings juxtaposed with the jagged mountains that tower over the city below.
- Travel by bus from Venice to Salzburg, with a quick stop in Innsbruck.
- Take in the fresh alpine air and mountain town hospitality Innsbruck has to offer.
- Arrive in Salzburg and stretch your legs along the meandering Salzach River.
- Give a salute to Hohensalzburg Castle, a must-see medieval fortress; there will be plenty of time to play knight tomorrow.
- Day 5: Walking Tour of Salzburg
A full day in Salzburg, and so much to look at. Castles and music, and restaurants for chitchat. These are a few of my favorite things. Now go back, and read it the way Julie Andrews would want you to read it.
- Harness your inner Ron Weasley as you move giant chess pieces around in Kapitelplatz (Chapter Square).
- Dip your head into the fountain at Resedenzplatz Square to find out if it's a fountain of youth. Never hurts to check, right?
- Head to the Alter Markt, but not too fast, or you may miss Salzburg's smallest house, barely over 4 feet wide.
Free Time Suggestions
Medieval Times: Hohensalzburg Castle, which stands high on a cliff, is Central Europe’s biggest fully preserved castle and one of Salzburg’s finest attractions. It’s enormous, beautiful inside and out, and packed with history that dates back to the 11th century. Hike up or take the funicular, and immerse yourself in pure castleness.
Compose Yourself: Salzburg is the birthplace of one of history’s most influential classical composers, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Visit the Mozart Residence and discover what made this guy the Elvis Presley of his time (and beyond).
- Day 6: Travel to Munich
Make your way to Munich where you’ll get an in-depth tour of the city. Not just an awesome movie starring Eric Bana, Munich is a Germany’s third biggest city and a major center of art, culture and innovation.
- Walk through Munich and check out some top sights with a local guide.
- Wander through Marienplatz, Munich’s central square and transportation hub.
- Enjoy a pint (or three) at Viktualienmarkt, an extensive farmer’s market and beer garden.
- Take a trip to the Hofbrahaus, the most famous beer hall in the world.
- Day 7: Free Day in Munich + Dachau (Optional)
Pull out your lederhosen and get ready for a free day in Munich. The city is yours to explore, and the pretzels are yours to devour.
Free Time Suggestions
BMW FTW: Stop at the BMW Museum for a look into BMW's past. See iconic cars, motorcycles, and other modes of transportation. The building itself is as cool as the stuff inside.
Smell the Hops: Roam the English Garden. As you walk the 900-acre greenway (the first of its kind) grab a drink and sit in the second-largest beer garden in Munich.
Dachau (extra cost)
Once a typical German town, Dachau was the first Nazi concentration camp during World War II.
- Day 8: Travel to Lucerne via Neuschwanstein Castle
All aboard for a scenic bus ride through the European countryside! Watch as rolling hills give way to majestic, snow-capped Alps. You're headed to Switzerland. On the way, stop at Neuschwanstein Castle (AKA Sleeping Beauty’s Castle).
- Jump on the bus to Switzerland.
- Tour Neuschwanstein Castle with a guide and learn about the weird kings that occupied it.
- Find Mary’s Bridge (follow the waterfall sounds) for the most Instagrammable pictures of the castle.
- Grab lunch, breathe in the fresh German countryside air, and pretend this castle is yours (everything’s for sale, right?).
- Day 9: Tour Lucerne + Optional Trip up the Swiss Alps
Today you’ll experience why people are flocking to Switzerland (and it’s not just for the chocolate and cheese). Walk the streets of historic Lucerne, and marvel at the snow-capped Swiss Alps in the distance.
- Walk the narrow streets and take in the incredible mountain scenery with your Tour Director.
- See the one-of-a-kind Löwendenkmal, a surprisingly impressive and massive rock carving of a dying lion, carved to commemorate the Swiss Guards who were killed during the French Revolution.
- Walk across the Kapellbrücke—this mural-lined covered bridge was originally built back in medieval times.
- Wander the maze-like, cobblestone streets of Old Town Lucerne.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Trip up the Swiss Alps (extra cost)
Take an amazing trip to the top of a mountain in the Swiss Alps. Cross Lake Lucerne by boat, then ride a cable car to the summit. Take in the incredible panoramic views of Lucerne, its pristine lake, and the majestic Alps.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 10: Fly Home
Auf Wiedersehen, Freunde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Simple, flexible booking
Lock in your spot, then pay over time. If you change your mind, we’ll help you change your trip—no fees, no fuss. It’s really that easy.
Overall rating: 4.8 out of 5
Based on 305 authentic traveler reviews
Absolutely amazing!!Savannah, traveled Sep. 2021
This is my first time traveling with EF as well as traveling out of the country so I was very nervous to take such a big step and travel to so many countries with strangers through a company I didn’t really know anything about but this was the best decision I could ever make ! This was an amazing trip, from the views and the food to the wonderful people I me... See more
Italy , Germany, and SwitzerlandAnonymous, traveled Oct. 2021
It’s was such a awesome trip and I meet some amazing people. I made new friends. I would totally do it again.
Can't Recommend Enough!Heidi, traveled Oct. 2021
I just returned from this trip and I had an amazing time! EF does an amazing job of planning everything and my tour guide was awesome! We had amazing food and saw some extremely beautiful places. This was my first trip with EF and it will definitely not be my last!
Well worth the waitJessica, traveled Sep. 2021
This trip was a huge breath of fresh air after the stress of 2020 and during this pandemic. Not being able to travel was very confining so hoping on this tour to explore five countries in ten days was amazing. The views are INCREDIBLE. I’d highly recommend the Suds & Slides excursion (don’t worry it’s not scary) and the Swiss Alps. My tour director, Silvia, ... See more