From $3249 with flightsPayments as low as $107
As you float along winding canals, stare awestruck at priceless art, and indulge in plate after plate of fresh pasta, try to reflect on why you’re here. Maybe to explore your heritage, maybe for cultural immersion, or maybe you’re just really, really hungry. Regardless, Italy awaits.
Eating the cacio e pepe you typically dream about
Tossing a coin into the Trevi Fountain (tip: right hand over left shoulder)
Drifting through the canals of Venice in a gondola
Savoring gelato as you people watch in a Tuscan piazza
Standing in the Colosseum, channeling your inner gladiator
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
8 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
3 insider city tours with local guides
Tour of the Colosseum in Rome
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Italy. Remember the freshman 15 college myth? Well, it might hit you in Italy. Pizza, Pasta, Gelato, Cannoli’s, Limoncello. Welcome to food paradise.
- Day 2: Arrive in Venice + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Venice! Situated on 118 islands, intersected by 175 canals and spanned by more than 400 bridges, this city has had more praise showered upon it from travelers, writers and artists than any other city in the world.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Arrive at the airport—your Tour Director will be waiting to show you how to get around the city
- Venture into Venice proper or see the area surrounding your accommodation
- Day 3: Tour Venice
Head to St. Mark’s Square to begin your sightseeing with a local guide.
After your sightseeing, you have the afternoon free!
- See several historic churches and amble through picture-perfect piazzas.
- Follow the winding Grand Canal through the heart of Venice.
- See the historic Rialto bridge, the oldest in the city.
- Day 4:Travel to Florence via Emilia Romagna
Head further down the boot that is Italy and add two more cities to your ‘been there, done that’ list. Watch the hills and trees of the countryside slip by out the window of your private coach before reaching your final destination for the evening and deciding what’s for dinner (pizza is never not an option).
- Break up your trip to Tuscany with a stop in the Emilia Romagna region for some lunch and time to explore.
- Check in to your accommodations in Florence and see what the place has to offer.
- Get the scoop on the area you’re staying on a short walk with your Tour Director.
- Enjoy an included dinner in Florence.
- Day 5: Tour Florence
Join a local guide for a walking tour of Florence, the compact capital of Tuscany known for its famous Renaissance artwork.
*Note: There is no included entry to the Duomo during the guided sightseeing on this day, but you will have free time to return if you so choose.
- Cross the Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence, home to many of Florence’s jewelers and art merchants.
- Stroll the Piazza della Signoria, home to Florence’s seat of power, the Palazzo Vecchio, as well as several intricate sculptures.
- Visit the Duomo Cathedral. Return during your free time and challenge yourself to climb the 463 steps to the top for stunning views of the city
- Day 6: Free Day in Florence + Optional Activities
Enjoy a full free day in Florence to explore on your own or join an optional excursion.
Note: Availability for Optional activity is subject to your tour’s departure date.
- Get in touch with your artsy side at the Uffizi museum. The Medici Family’s art collection makes up one of the best art museums in the world.
- Stop and smell the flowers in the Boboli gardens, and keep an eye out for 16th century sculptures (you can stop and smell those, too, but it might attract strange looks).
- Snap the perfect picture of Florence’s skyline after hiking up to San Miniato al Monte. Then reward yourself with some gelato.
- Shop till you drop; the area between Ponte Vecchio and the Duomo is our favorite.
Italian Riviera & Cinque Terre (extra cost)
Note: This excursion is seasonal and only runs from May through September. Availability is subject to your tour’s departure date.
Lay your eyes on the most beautiful coastal scenery anywhere, Cinque Terre. Discover mountainside villages, iconic colorful seaside buildings, and spend the rest of your day enjoying the pebble beaches of Monterosso.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Tuscan Wine Tasting (extra cost)
Some of the world’s best wine come from Tuscany, and you get to sample some at a scenic winery. Next head to the medieval walled town of San Gimignano, home to the world-famous Gelateria di Piazza gelato shop.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 7: Travel to Rome via Orvieto
Board your private coach, bound for Rome via Orvieto.
- On the way to Rome, stop in Orvieto, a quaint Italian hill town perched atop a rock cliff
- Marvel at the artistry of the facade of Orvieto’s stunning cathedral
- Look out at the cypress-dotted plains of Umbria
- Day 8: Explore Rome
They say all roads lead to Rome, but once you’re there you quickly realize that all roads actually lead to restaurants. Take the morning to satisfy your cravings and sip some espresso, then see perhaps the most staggeringly important building you can possibly see in Europe: the Roman Colosseum.
- Tour the city with a local guide who will show you why Rome is one of the most legendary cities in Europe.
- Experience the heart of ancient Rome with a visit to the Forum, once a hub of activity for the city.
- Stand in the Colosseum, where gladiators battled to the death in mortal combat, and be glad you live in the 21st century.
- See the ruins of several Roman temples, including the Temple of the Vestal Virgins.
- Day 9: Free Day in Rome + Vatican City (Optional)
Today you get to explore centuries worth of culinary perfection, unbelievable architecture, and local fashion on your own. And let it be said, Rome looks goooood for being 2,000 years old. (It must moisturize.) Shop, eat, drink, and talk like an Italian (with your hands) during your free day. Embrace the culture and indulge in carbs during your last day in the Eternal City. Plus, if you're up for it, join an optional excursion to the Vatican.
- Explore the bustling streets and famous sights while enjoying a cone of gelato.
- Take your carb overload one step further—by making your own pasta (Taste of Italy Excursion).
- Soak in the history by exploring ancient ruins.
- Act like a fashonista on Via del Corso, the main street in historical center of Rome lined with brand names and local eateries.
Free time suggestions
Trevi Fountain: Rumor has it, if turn your back to the Trevi Fountain and toss a coin over your shoulder, it guarantees you’ll return to the Eternal City. Throw in a second coin, and you’ll not only come back, but also find love. (Significant other not guaranteed by EF Ultimate Break.)
Shopping on Vide del Corso: Walk down the longest pedestrian street in the city for some prime shopping. Populated by both locals and tourists, there’s room for everyone on the narrow store-filled street.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
A Visit to the Vatican (extra cost)
Visit the Pope’s house: Vatican City. Take a guided tour of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica, and get your dose of art history up close and personal—viewing Michelangelo's famed Sistine Chapel frescoes.
- Day 10: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 35 authentic traveler reviews
Would highly recommend.Hannah, traveled May 2023
Had an AMAZING time, would definitely do it again! Especially if Tyson is the tour director he was great. Already thinking about booking again.
Best time in ItalyReanna, traveled May 2023
Had an amazing time in Italy our tour director Tyson was amazing and was good at thinking on the fly even when things like the weather and the cinque de terre visit didn’t pan out. We still went to a nearby beach town and made the best of the time we had. Amazing and funny guy with lots of knowledge to help give us advice when we wanted to go places in the a... See more
Great TimeLauren, traveled Mar. 2023
It was amazing and I would recommend it—highly recommend booking your own flights and doing the land-only option though. Much less stress if you just do it yourself for the flights.
The best way to see Italy! Just do it!Erin, traveled Mar. 2023
I have always wanted to go to Italy and this was the BEST way to do it! I love that EF handles the logistics of everything. It makes the whole experience more enjoyable. As a solo traveler, I was nervous to go to Europe for the first time with a bunch of strangers, but they aren't strangers for long. Our group was great and it was easy to make friends. Our t... See more