They say everything’s bigger in Texas. Well they have clearly never been to Alaska. Sometimes it takes looking at a map to appreciate just how big it truly is (more than double the size of Texas). But Alaska is more than just a big state. It’s the great outdoors served on top of a 23,000-year-old glacier next to a snow-capped mountain with a bald eagle flying into the sunset and a grizzly bear fishing for salmon right behind you. This trip is the adventure of a lifetime. This is U.S. travel like you’ve never seen it.
What are the top highlights?
- Stand in awe of Denali, the tallest mountain in North America
- Visit the Iditarod Headquarters and learn about the world’s most famous sled dog race
- Get front-row seats to the (animal) show at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Hike to one of the most impressive chunks of ice you’ve ever seen, Exit Glacier
- Enjoy a plethora of outdoor activities in the charming coastal town of Seward
- Cruise through the Kenai Fjords and keep your eyes peeled for whales, sea lions, otters, and more