Greek Island Getaway9 Days • 3 Cities Greek Island Getaway
If trips could be significant others, this would be your soulmate: it’s a history buff, the life of the party, and has a romantic side. Sadly, you can't take this trip out for coffee, but it can still be your next adventure. You’ll enjoy long walks on white sand beaches, try exciting new foods, and watch epic sunsets from cliff top villas. Get ready to dance the nights away, enjoy glasses on glasses of wine, splash around in the Aegan Sea, and fall head over heels for the Greek Islands. Seriously though...can you date this trip?
What are the top highlights?
- Cruise the azure seas of the Aegean
- Hike to the top of Athens’ ancient and famous Acropolis
- Catch some rays at world-famous island beaches
- Snap a photo of the whitewashed (and blue-domed) buildings
- Enjoy epic, world-class nightlife on the island of Ios
- Flood your Instagram with unreal vistas and Santorini sunsets
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Internal ferry from Athens to Santorini
- Ferry transfer between islands
- 7 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click here for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight to Athens, the cradle of Western Civilization and one of the oldest cities in the world. Dream of gods, goddesses, ancient history, and olives (seriously, this country loves olives). Athens awaits!
Day 2: Introduction to Athens
Welcome to Athens! This city is at least 5,000 years old, but hardly looks a day over 25 (when you look past the historic structures and ancient statues). What we’re trying to say is, Athens is a beautiful city filled with art, literature, history, and about a million Instagram-worthy spots. And it’s the first stop on your journey through the Greek Islands.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive
- Get acquainted with Athens on a brief walk around the city with your Tour Director.
At the Welcome Mixer, you’ll meet your new friends over drinks and light appetizers. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
Day 3: Transfer to Santorini
Escape the hustle and bustle of Athens and immerse yourself in island life, Mediterranean style. You’re headed to Santorini, one of the most iconic Greek Islands, complete with whitewashed and blue-domed buildings, romantic beaches, and endless sunshine.
- Board your ferry to Santorini.
- Arrive and check in to your accommodation.
- Get to know the picturesque island that you’ll be calling home for the next two nights.
- Sprint to the nearest beach and enjoy a Santorini sunset.
Free Time Suggestions:
Sun Down: Oia is the traditional village in the northwestern end of Santorini and best known for its blue-domed churched, windmills and winding streets that pop up in everyone’s Instagram feeds. And for good reason. Head there before sunset for awe-inspiring sunset views and get ready to capture some likes…errr, photos.
Life's a Beach: Visit one of Santorini’s top beaches for an evening swim—from Perivolos to Kamari to Ammoudi Bay—there are tons to choose from and you literally can’t go wrong.
Day 4: Explore Santorini
Still loving life on this romantic island? Rhetorical question: The answer is obviously yes. Enjoy another day to check out Santorini’s famous sites and hidden gems. Now, here’s your trivia question of the day— What’s black, white, and red all over? Answer: The sandy beaches that cover this volcanic island and are the perfect backdrop for any photo shoot (and pretty nice spots for a nap, too). Think you know your adult grape juice? Join an optional Cliffside wine tasting excursion.
- Grab your towel and your sunscreen, it’s time to hit the beach(es).
- Take a dip in the Aegan Sea. You can pinch yourself, but we promise you aren’t dreaming, and that you’ll end up with some unnecessary bruises.
- Shop along the narrow streets of Fira, the capital city of Santorini, or just admire the handcrafted jewelry, local artwork, and souvenirs.
- Channel your inner wine-aficionado during an optional tasting at a Cliffside winery.
Free Time Suggestions
The Found City of Atlantis: Visit the Akrotiri Ruins are a Minoan Bronze Age settlement buried in volcanic dust, this site predates Pompeii and is considered by many to be the famed lost city of Atlantis.
The Thira of Everything: Head up to the top of the cliffs on the southeast part of the island to explore this Greek and Roman archaeological site.
Museum On: Get your history on at a few of the island’s museums. The Archaeological Museum of Thera and the Museum of Prehistoric Thera are home to well-preserved artifacts and fossils dating back to 17th century BC.
Cliffside Wine Tasting & Village Tour(extra cost)
Quaint villages, wine, and a breathtaking sunset—it doesn’t get more Greek than this (unless you add in some feta cheese and olive oil). A local guide will take you from village to village, to explore, shop, and take in stunning views of the beachscapes and caldera. Make a stop at the highest point in Santorini, Profitis Elias, and then it’s on to the wine tasting. Sample a variety of local wines at a cliffside winery before hopping on the bus to Oia. When you picture Santorini, chances are you're picturing the views from the village of Oia. It's a must-see for every visitor, and you get a direct ride there to drink in the best sunset in Greece. Don't forget to snap that perfect picture for your fans (AKA Instagram followers).
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 5: Set Sail for Ios
Next stop, Ios! This hilly island in the Cyclades is known for all-day parties, sandy beaches so soft they’ll have you ditching your shoes permanently, and nightlife that stretches into early morning. This is the place to party, relax, and repeat.
- Blow a farewell kiss to Santorini and board your ferry to Ios.
- Arrive and check in to your accommodations.
- Join your Tour Director on a walking tour of the area and get a feel for the island living.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring on your own, then get the party started with the island’s famous nightlife.
Free Time Suggestions
Beach It: Head to Mylopotas Beach, located near the island’s main village of Chora, for a day of sunbathing, or hit the water for windsurfing, snorkeling, and Marco Polo-ing. Prepare to get your socks knocked off—this is the most visited beach in Ios…not that you should be wearing socks at the beach anyways.
Take a Hike: Head into the cliff-top villages of Ios and catch a glimpse of the iconic windmills. Then, feel on top of the world after hiking up to Pyrgos, the island’s highest point, and take in some serious views.
Day 6: Free Day Ios
Enjoy a free day to explore Ios on your own. By now, you probably already understand why the nightlife on this island is so famous, but Ios is more than just a party destination—it’s full of history, tradition, and activity. Spend the day wandering around island villages, going for a hike, or just relaxing under blue skies on one of the island’s pristine beaches. Bring a bottle of wine, a book, and your personal playlist—you’re in paradise.
- Make your way to the beach for more splashing, sunshine, and sand between your toes, and love that this is now part of your daily routine.
- Head to the harbor to devour fresh seafood and ocean views.
- Snap a picture at the Panayia Gremiotissa bell tower, one of the most photographed spots on the island.
- Dance the night away in the Greek Islands’ most famous party scene.
Free Time Suggestions
Don’t ruin it: Explore Paleokastro (translation: old castle) and discover the ancient ruins that have been standing on a cliff’s edge overlooking the Aegan Sea since 1397 AD.
Dig it: Ios is more than just a pretty face. Soak in some of the island’s ancient history at the Archeological Museum.
Day 7: Free Day in Ios
You can never have too much free time in paradise. Spend the day revisiting your favorite sunbathing spot, exploring new hiking paths, or snorkeling with some fish friends.
- Take a break from the nonstop parties on Manganari beach, a secluded spot perfect for a peaceful afternoon under the sun.
- Trek over to Skarkos Hill for a look at the island’s largest archaeological excavation site, and get a peek into ancient civilization.
- Stay out till the break of dawn (and then stay out a little longer) to end your last night in Ios the right way.
Free Time Suggestions
Shop ‘til you drop: Spend some time shopping in Chora, the island’s main village. This classic Greek village offers incredible views and has endless alleys and side streets to explore.
Go Homer: Pay homage to one of the greatest poet’s in Greek history during a hike in the northernmost part of the island to Homer’s Tomb. If you ever read Odyssey or Iliad in high school, you know who to thank.
Day 8: Return to Athens + Farewell Dinner
Athens felt neglected, so it’s a good thing you’re heading back to pay it another visit. End the trip with a bang in a city known for stunning views and world-class nightlife. By now, you’re an old pro when it comes to exploring Greece, so we’re giving you the day to adventure in Athens on your own before an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Take a ferry from Ios to Athens, and greet the ancient city like a really, really old friend.
- Meet your local guide and experience the city's highlights.
- Revisit some favorite spots from day one in Athens, or go on a hunt to find new hidden gems.
- Check out some of the residential areas for an authentic look at life in Athens.
- Enjoy one last group dinner, and raise a glass to an epic trip.
Free Time Suggestions
Go Ancient: Step back in time in the historic Acropolis of Athens, and take in incredible panoramic views of Athens from the citadel’s hilltop vantage point.
All Greek to Me: The National Archaeology Museum is considered one of the greatest museums in the world, with pieces ranging from Greek sculptures to Egyptian Antiquities. Mama Mia! That’s quite a collection.
Follow the Light: Flood-lit like a beacon towering over the city, Mount Lycabettus offers a spectacular view of the city. If you’ve been holding out on posting a scenic Instagram post, this is your moment.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 9: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s, “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip