Journey to Jordan
From $2769 with flightsPayments as low as $88
The rolling desert dunes of Wadi Rum. The buoyant, restorative waters of the Dead Sea. The millennia-old majesty of Petra. And oooh, the shawarma. For ancient history, "Are we still on Earth?” views, and all things hummus, Jordan is your jam.
Marveling at the wondrous ruins of Petra
Floating in the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth
Posing on the peak of a sand dune at sunset
Flying high above Wadi Rum in a hot air balloon
Pointing out constellations in the inky desert sky
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
6 nights in handpicked accommodations
An expert Tour Director
2 insider city tours with local guides
Entrance to the Petra ruins, the Dead Sea, and more
A Jeep 4x4 desert tour of Wadi Rum
- Day 1: Overnight flight
Board your overnight flight to Jordan. Prepare to start referring to this country as habibi (Arabic for “sweetheart”) because you’re gonna love it there.
- Day 2: Arrive in Amman + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Amman! Jordan’s capital is a bustling metropolis with all the amenities you could want, friendly Arabic chatter in the streets, and beautifully preserved ancient ruins. Middle Eastern adventure, unlocked.
- Meet an EF representative and fellow travelers as they arrive at the airport.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot.
- Day 3: Tour the Jerash ruins + Dead Sea swim
Take a day trip to Jerash, sometimes called “The Pompeii of the East.” No volcanoes here, though—just perfectly preserved Greco-Roman ruins. Then make your way to the Dead Sea for a dip in the lowest point on Earth.
- Strut down the streets of Jerash like an emperor, stopping at Hadrian’s Arch, built to honor an (actual) emperor’s visit in 129 CE.
- Get in the ring at the Hippodrome—an ancient Greek arena used for horse racing.
- Swim in the Dead Sea and see what water ten times saltier than the ocean feels like.
- Head back to Amman for some more sight (and souk)seeing with your Tour Director.
- Day 4: Travel to Wadi Musa via Al Numeira + Little Petra
Today you’re going to Wadi Musa, or “Valley of Moses,” the nearest town to the wonder that is Petra. On the way, learn about sustainable development at Al Numeira and visit Little Petra, or as we like to call it, Petra Jr.
- Stop at Al Numeira for an authentic Jordanian lunch and learn about the organization’s sustainable practices.
- Continue to Little Petra, which is just as "whoa” as Big Petra, but cuter and with fewer people.
- Arrive in Wadi Musa, just a hop, a skip, and a jump from Petra.
- Take the evening to explore and chill with your fellow travelers.
- Day 5: Guided Tour of Petra ruins + arrive in Wadi Rum
One of the most magnificent feats in ancient architecture, Petra, the Sandstone City, awaits you through a spectacular winding canyon. Continue to the desert oasis of Wadi Rum for a magical night of stargazing.
- Join a local guide on a Siq walk of Petra. Siq means canyon, but yeah, it IS pretty sick.
- Gaze at the world-famous Al-Khazneh temple carved right into the cliffs.
- Travel to Wadi Rum—you might recognize it from countless movies, like The Martian and a few Star Wars films.
- Relax at an included dinner, then goggle at the stars with professional astronomers.
- Day 6: Wadi Rum desert Jeep tour + optional sunrise hot air balloon ride
Today you’re in for a thrill ride: a Jeep 4x4 tour of the Wadi Rum Desert Valley, the closest thing there is to Mars on Earth. Check out red sand dunes, wild rock formations, and even the house Lawrence of Arabia lived in.
- Climb into your 4x4 and experience Wadi Rum with an expert local guide.
- Soak in the sights in ways you wouldn’t be able to on foot.
- Enjoy an included dinner and free time to bask in the otherworldly beauty of Wadi Rum.
Sunrise hot air balloon ride (extra cost)
Get killer sunrise views of Wadi Rum from the vantage point only a hot air balloon can provide.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than twenty days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 7: Arrive in Amman + Farewell Dinner
You’re back in Amman, the White City, and the perfect place to spend your last day in Jordan. Where did the time go? We’ll tell you—making new friends, exploring ancient ruins, and stargazing in the desert, nbd.
- Stop at Kerak en route to Amman to check out a big ol’ castle built by Christian Crusaders in the 1100s.
- Chow down on some mansaf, scroll through your pics, and relive all the mems on your last day in Amman.
- Share some laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included Farewell Dinner with your group.
- Day 8: Fly home
Ma’a salama ‘asadqayaa!
Translation: Goodbye, friends! Your next destination awaits—home. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.