Escape across the pond to Dublin and London for a pint-sized getaway. Taste the difference of a perfectly poured Guinness, wave hello to the Queen in Buckingham Palace and go from pubs to clubs to experience some of Europe’s most raved-about nightlife. This week in Dublin and London will ignite your wanderlust and leave you wanting more.
What are the top highlights?
- Pour the perfect pint of Guinness while overlooking Dublin’s skyline
- Make friends with locals and enjoy live music in Ireland’s pub scene
- Sample Dublin's centuries of rich contributions to the arts
- Meet Ben and Abbey in London, AKA Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Go for high tea before catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Experience the nightlife of Piccadilly Circus, London’s Times Square
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Flight from Dublin to London
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast, Welcome Mixer & Farewell Dinner
- Metro pass in London
- Entrance to the Guinness Storehouse, St. Patrick's Cathedral & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Find your seat, pick a movie, and then try to get a wee bit of shuteye. The majesty and raw beauty of Ireland awaits.
Day 2: Arrive in Dublin
Welcome to Dublin, the capital of Ireland! Once you arrive and drop your bags off at the accommodation, take a stroll to St. Stephen’s Green, Grafton Street, and Temple bar, where pub culture, literary history, and all-around charm await.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Mixer with your fellow travelers. Then it’s on to wherever the craic—Irish for ‘good times’—takes you.
Day 3: Sightseeing in Dublin
Today, see the best Dublin has to offer with a local guide on a tour of the city. In the afternoon, tour the Guinness Brewery and order a “pint of Gat” (that’s how the cool kids order a Guinness).
- Enter St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the 800-year-old church named after the famous saint.
- Pass by Trinity College, one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities, home to the storied library that inspired Hogwarts’ own.
- Sample Dublin’s natural beauty and urban escape at Phoenix Park—the largest park in Europe.
- Tour the pint-glass shaped Guinness Storehouse, learn how the famous stout became Ireland’s favorite beer, then enjoy an included one on the house.
Free Time Suggestions
Book of Kells: Stick around Trinity College after your tour for a chance to see the Book of Kells—a pristine 1,200-year old illustrated collection of biblical stories—up-close.
Jameson Distillery: Sick of stout? Switch things up in favor of the strong stuff with a guided tour and whiskey tasting at the Jameson Distillery Bow St.
Day 4: Free Day in Dublin
Raise your glass, here’s to one more rowdy day on the Emerald Isle before you head to London. We know you’ll make it count. Before heading out today, take a moment to reflect on all the Guinness, hearty food, and craic you’ve had in Dublin. Ready? Go make some memories!
Free Time Suggestions
Irish Breakfast: Go full Irish with a traditional breakfast of bacon, sausages, baked beans, eggs, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, potatoes, and toast (yeah, that’s one meal).
Kilmainham Gaol: Stroll the cell blocks of this former-prison-turned-museum that once held Ireland’s most famous revolutionaries and political prisoners.
Day 5: Travel to London
Next stop: London. Home of the Queen, tea, a wonderfully different form of the English language, and the largest city in Western Europe. Brimming with history and unique architecture, you’ll soon understand why it’s one of the most visited cities in the world.
- Board a short morning flight from Dublin to London.
- Climb aboard a bus for a guided tour that rolls past Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Experience a royal ritual during the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
Free Time Suggestions
Tower of London: A ticket to this historic castle is worth the price of admission. Officially named ‘Her Majesty’s Royal Palace and Fortress of the Tower of London,’ it has been used as an armory, menagerie, and home of the Crown Jewels of England.
Convent Garden: This popular marketplace in London’s West End offers a variety of entertainment options. Check out the Royal Opera House, fashion-forward stores, a bevy of street performers by St. Paul’s Church, or one of the many pubs and restaurants.
Day 6: Free Day in London or Optional London Eye & River Cruise
Use this free day to check off anything you may have missed in one of the world’s greatest cities. Dive in and act like you belong with some local slang, try some famous fare (looking at you, fish and chips), and explore until you’re too knackered (tired) to continue.
Free Time Suggestions
The British Museum: Discover over 2 million years of human history at this free museum. With over 8 million objects and counting, it is one of the largest and most comprehensive collections in existence—so don’t expect to see it all.
Westminster Abbey: This historic, royal church is the traditional place of coronation and burial for British monarchs. The Gothic façade leads to a gorgeous array of paintings, stained glass, and artifacts. Get yourself a ticket and you’ll be treated to more than just a house of worship.
London Eye & River Cruise(extra cost)
See London properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks. Then, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets included.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
**Please now you must add this excursion on at least 2 weeks before departure**
Day 7: Free Day in London + Farewell Dinner
The world is your Oyster Card, aka the name of your included metro pass. Make the most of your final day and gallivant around London to get your fill of tea, red busses, oddly-shaped cabs, and of course—the pubs. Enjoy those last pints and until next time, cheerio!
Free Time Suggestions
Abbey Road: Want to walk in the literal footsteps of greatness? Head over to this famous thoroughfare and make your way to its southeastern end. There you’ll find the studio where the Beatles recorded their studio albums and the crosswalk they made famous.
Harrods: You don’t have to buy a ticket to get into the world’s most famous department store, but once you’re inside, all bets are off. At over a million square feet with 330 departments, its motto of “all things for all people, everywhere” makes complete sense.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 8: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.