Ring in the New Year with castles, pubs, and Harry Potter sites galore in the United Kingdom and Ireland's premier cities. Pair this party with a medley of small towns and booming metropolises, and you have the makings for an unforgettable adventure on the British Isles...and a perfect beginning to your New Year.
What are the top highlights?
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in London
- See Big Ben and Westminster Abbey from 443 feet high on the London Eye
- Escape to the cozy cafe where J.K. Rowling penned her story of a young wizard
- Pour the perfect pint of Guinness while overlooking Dublin’s skyline
- Make friends with locals and enjoy live music in the pubs of Ireland and Scotland
- Visit Shakespeare’s birthplace and childhood home, Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stand in awe at the Cliffs of Moher, 700 feet above the Atlantic
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Ferry between Liverpool & Dublin
- 13 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro pass for London
- Entrance to Edinburgh Castle, Guinness Storehouse & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight bound for London. Your adventure begins tomorrow, so sit back, shut your eyes, and do as the English do and try and catch some “zeds.”
- Day 2: Arrive in London + Welcome Mixer
Welcome to London. Home of the Queen, tea, a wonderfully different form of the English language, and the largest city in Western Europe. Brimming with history and unique architecture, you’ll soon understand why it’s one of the most visited cities in the world.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director including the River Thames, Trafalgar & Leicester Squares, and Covent Garden.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Day 3: Explore London + Optional London Eye and River Cruise + New Year's Eve Celebration
Go big and go British today as a local guide takes you all around town for the inside scoop on London’s iconic palaces, churches, castles, and yes, even a big old clock.
- Dive into thousands of years of London’s secrets with a local guide.
- Immerse yourself in London’s rich history at gorgeous landmarks from the Tower of London and St. Paul’s Cathedral to Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
- Experience a royal ritual during the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
- Wave hello to Big Ben, the bell inside the famous clock tower. Though it’s under construction until 2021, rest assured that Ben says hello from behind the scaffolding.
New Year's Eve in London
Count down the New Year in style with dinner, drinks, and a midnight toast with your new group of friends. Cheers!
London Eye & River Cruise (extra cost)
See London properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks. Then, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets included.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 14 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 4: Free Day in London
Use this free day to check out and check off anything you may have missed in one of the world’s greatest cities. Dive in and act like you belong with some local slang, try some famous fare (looking at you fish and chips), and explore until you’re too knackered (tired) to continue.
Free Time Suggestions
The British Museum: Discover over 2 million years of human history at this free museum. With over 8 million objects and counting, it is one of the largest and most comprehensive collections in existence—so don’t expect to see it all.
Westminster Abbey: This historic, royal church is the traditional place of coronation and burial for British monarchs. The mainly Gothic façade leads to a gorgeous array of paintings, stained glass, and artifacts. Get yourself a ticket and you’ll be treated to more than just a house of worship.
- Day 5: Travel to Liverpool via Stratford-upon-Avon
Board your private coach to Liverpool, home of the Beatles, Liverpool Football Club and waterfront nightlife. En route, make a stop in William Shakespeare’s hometown for lunch.
- Make your way to Liverpool via private coach.
- Stop in the little town of Stratford-upon-Avon to tour the house and birthplace of William Shakespeare.
- Arrive in Liverpool and explore the area including The Cavern Club, where the Beatles played their first gigs, and the childhood homes and haunts that John, Paul, George & Ringo grew up in.
- Day 6: Free Day in Liverpool or Optional North Wales Adventure
For being a center of innovation and invention for centuries, Liverpool sure is humble. They only invented the first lifeboat station, the first School for the Blind, and the first High School for Girls after all. (And too many more to type.) Today’s your chance to explore this city on your own and go beyond the Beatles.
Free Time Suggestions
English Breakfast: Start your morning strong with a full fry-up: eggs, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, baked beans, mushrooms, toast, black pudding, and a cup of tea or coffee. Good luck eating it all!
Albert Dock: Hang out during your free day at Albert Dock, a complex of dock buildings and warehouses with cool museums, restaurants, and bars.
North Wales Adventure (extra cost)
Wales is a hidden gem of a country. This full day trip whisks you to the seaside town of Conwy, the rolling green Snowdonia National Park, and finally, to Betws-Y-Coed to grab a quaint pint and some pub food.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 7: Travel to Edinburgh via Lake District National Park
Board your morning bus, it’s Scotland time! Built on two extinct volcanoes, the capital, Edinburgh, is an enchanting labyrinth of narrow alleyways, cozy pubs, and storybook castles. Feel free to nap, but be sure to peep the English countryside out your window as you pass through the stunning Lake District National Park.
- Wind through the hilly lake-studded expanse of Northern England’s Lake District National Park.
- Make a pit stop for lunch on your own in Windermere—a cute little town that’s home to England’s largest lake.
- Arrive in Edinburgh and stretch your legs with a little walk around town with your Tour Director.
- Day 8: Explore Edinburgh + Optional Scottish Bagpipe Lesson & Dinner
Get an in-depth look at Scottish history and modern day life with a guided sightseeing tour of Edinburgh.
- View the Scottish Crown Jewels in Edinburgh Castle.
- Walk the Great Hall and see the armor, swords and medieval decor that line the walls.
- Visit the Elephant House Cafe, where the first Harry Potter book was written.
Scottish Bagpipe Lesson & Dinner (extra cost)
Only one thing really sounds like Scotland: bagpipes. Today you’ll learn how to pla