New Year’s in London: London & Paris Escape8 Days • 2 Cities New Year’s in London: London & Paris Escape
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in London. The party moves along the Thames to the London Eye for one of Europe’s most famous fireworks displays. Afterwards, take the train to Paris for a few nights in the City of Light.
What are the top highlights?
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in London
- Meet Ben and Abbey in London, AKA Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Go for high tea after catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night with a glass of wine in the Champ de Mars
- Float past Paris’ most iconic landmarks on the Seine River
- Roam the massive, decadent Palace of Versailles
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each city
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click here for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Europe.
Day 2: Arrive in London
Welcome to London. Home of the Queen, tea, a wonderfully different form of the English language, and the largest city in Western Europe. Brimming with history and unique architecture, you’ll soon understand why it’s one of the most visited cities in the world.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director including the River Thames, Trafalgar & Leicester Squares, and Convent Garden.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy some appetizers over drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party takes you.
Day 3: Tour London + New Year's Eve Celebration
Go big and go British today as a local guide takes you all around town for the inside scoop on London’s iconic palaces, churches, castles, and yes, even a big old clock.
- Dive into thousands of years of London’s secrets with a local guide.
- Immerse yourself in London’s rich history at gorgeous landmarks from the Tower of London and St. Paul’s Cathedral to Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
- Experience a royal ritual during the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
- Wave hello to Big Ben, the bell inside the famous clock tower. Though it’s under construction until 2021, rest assured that Ben says hello from behind the scaffolding.
- Join forces with other Ultimate Break groups in the area, and count down to New Year's in style—with dinner, drinks, and a toast at midnight—in a private venue. Stay late, or head out on the town for more fun and fireworks.
Free Time Suggestions
Abbey Road: Want to walk in the literal footsteps of greatness? Head over to this famous thoroughfare and make your way to its southeastern end. There you’ll find the studio where the Beatles recorded their final studio album and the crosswalk they made famous with its cover.
Harrods: You don’t have to buy a ticket to get into the world’s most famous department store, but once you’re inside, all bets are off. At over a million square feet with 330 departments, its motto of “all things for all people, everywhere” makes complete sense.
Day 4: Explore London
Use this free day to check out and check off anything you may have missed in one of the world’s greatest cities. Dive in and act like you belong with some local slang, try some famous fare (looking at you fish and chips), and explore until you’re too knackered (tired) to continue.
Free Time Suggestions
The British Museum: Discover over 2 million years of human history at this free museum. With over 8 million objects and counting, it is one of the largest and most comprehensive collections in existence—so don’t expect to see it all.
Westminster Abbey: This historic, royal church is the traditional place of coronation and burial for British monarchs. The mainly Gothic façade leads to a gorgeous array of paintings, stained glass, and artifacts. Get yourself a ticket and you’ll be treated to more than just a house of worship.
Day 5: Travel to Paris + Sightseeing Tour
Bonjour, France! Today you’ll take an underwater train ride to the City of Light, also known as the capital and most populous city in France. Get ready to feast on croissants, baguettes, and any other deliciousness you can get your hands on while enjoying every moment as a temporary Parisian.
- Follow your Tour Director on a walking tour of the city and its sights including the legendary Notre-Dame Cathedral.
- Float down the River Seine during a scenic boat ride that makes its way through the true heart of the city.
- Watch the world-famous lights of the Eiffel Tower sparkle (every hour, on the hour after sunset).
Day 6: Tour Paris + Optional Versailles
Take the best bus ride of your life on this guided bus tour around Paris. See famous sights like the Arc de Triomphe, explore on foot during a couple of planned stops, and hope that there’s enough time to stop by Le Marais—the trendiest shopping area in the city.
- Saunter along the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. Known for its theatres and cafes—you may also recognize it as the finish line of the Tour de France.
- Find peace of mind at Luxembourg Gardens, a tasteful collection of tree-lined promenades, flowerbeds, statues, and the Medici Fountain.
Free Time Suggestions
Moulin Rouge: The original version of this famed cabaret burned down in 1915, but the birthplace of the modern can-can dance lives on. Just look for the large red windmill on the roof, buy yourself a ticket, and then send your friends the pics to prove it.
Montmartre: Once an artists’ village and the stomping grounds of Picasso and Dalí, this charming hilltop district is now home to numerous nightclubs and the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré-Cœur. Walk its steep, winding streets for sweeping views of the city below.
Spend the afternoon at the over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. Not far from Paris, this is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution. At one point, a thousand nobles were attended by 4,000 servants inside the palace, while 15,000 soldiers and servants lived in the annexes. Walk through the landscaped gardens, tour the State Apartments of the King and the Queen, and see the Hall of Mirrors.
Please note: This excursion must be booked at least 45 days prior to tour departure.
Day 7: Free Day in Paris
Oui! A free day to wander the city of love. Get inspired, get lost, and get your fill of new foods like coq au vin (chicken braised with wine). At over 40 square miles there’s always something new to discover, so keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready.
Free Time Suggestions
Catacombs of Paris: Dare to step through the “Gate of Hell” on your way below the city streets and you’ll be greeted by walls of stacked skulls and bones of past Parisians. Once only considered a novelty, this absolutely eerie attraction is now designated as an official museum.
The Louvre: Once the home of French kings and now the largest art museum in the world, this astounding collection of art from around the world is not to be missed. From the Palace to the glass Pyramid to the Mona Lisa itself, you’ll be surrounded by history and beauty at every turn.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 8: Fly Home
Au revoir, les amis!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip