New Year’s in Paris: London & Paris Escape8 Days • 2 Cities New Year’s in Paris: London & Paris Escape
Ring in the New Year in Paris! Experience all the famous sights, museums, shopping and pub-hopping London and Paris have to offer.
What are the top highlights?
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Paris
- Meet Ben and Abbey in London, AKA Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Explore the grounds of Oxford, which inspired famed writers C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and J.K. Rowling
- Go for high tea after catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night with a glass of wine in the Champ de Mars
- Float past Paris’ most iconic landmarks on the Seine River
- Roam the massive, decadent Palace of Versailles
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each city
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click here for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Europe.
Day 2: Arrive in London
Welcome to London! It’s huge, it’s cosmopolitan, and it’s brimming with famous sights, fun pubs, great music venues and endless things to do. Arrive at your accommodations to meet up with your Tour Director and fellow travelers.
Introduction to London
Your Tour Director will take you on a quick walk to get to know the area.
Get to know your fellow travelers at an authentic local spot over some drinks and light appetizers.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of London (Local Guide)
Hit the highlights of London with a local guide giving you all the inside info. Most of the tour will be on a bus ride around the city—you’ll see the famous sights like Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. You’ll also get a chance to walk around and explore on foot.
Day 4: Free Day in London + Optional Oxford & Windsor Castle
Top Free Time Suggestions:
1. Covent Garden – Seek out bargains at this bustling covered market; souvenirs, clothes, crafts and much more.
2. Tower of London – Trace England’s bloody history and see the legendary Crown Jewels.
3. Abbey Road – Probably the world's most famous crosswalk, this storied spot is a must-see for even the most casual Beatles fan.
4. Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum – Be amazed by frighteningly real wax dummies of your favorite celebrities and historical figures.
5. Tate Modern – Visit one of the world's top modern art museums to see Picassos, Warhols, Dalís and more.
For more ideas and details, see our Lonely Planet city guide for London.
Oxford & Windsor Castle Excursion(extra cost)
See the countryside roll by as you escape to Oxford, the picturesque city that doubled as Hogwarts and influenced J.R.R. Tolkien and Albert Einstein. After a guided tour, enjoy free time to explore museums, grab a Covered Market lunch, or simply wander through a place as magical as the stories it inspires. Then, visit Windsor Castle, a timeless royal residence, and the site of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding. Tour the priceless objects in the State Apartments with a local guide, and enjoy strolling the grounds.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 5: Eurostar Train to Paris
Ride a high-speed train under the English Channel to Paris. The French capital is visited by more than 30 million people a year, drawn by the famous monuments, the great food, and some of the world’s best art museums. Drink some wine, have some cheese, and see the newest fashions before anyone else does.
Introduction to Paris
Take a walk around town with your tour director. Go through the Latin Quarter, an area packed with French college students, and make your way along the Seine. Check out les bouquinistes, the little stalls that sell old books, maps, art prints and postcards. They’re a great place to pick up some souvenirs.
Evening Seine River Cruise & Eiffel Tower
Float past Notre Dame Cathedral and under some of Paris’s famous bridges, then visit the most iconic tower in the world as its dazzling lights sparkle with the setting sun.
Day 6: Sightseeing Tour de Paris (Local Guide)
Enjoy a combination bus/walking tour of Paris’ top highlights. Your expert local guide will tell you all about the city as you see its most well-known sights.
Your guide will also take you off the beaten path to some of Paris’ more authentic arrondissements, and give you the inside scoop on Parisian culture. Get to know the fashionistas, eccentric royals, epic revolutionaries, bougie bourgeoisie, and enlightened intellectuals that shaped the City of Light.
Free Time Suggestions
Edit Sober: Visit the cafe haunts of literary giants like Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce and many others.
Fall in Louvre: Paris is home to some of the world’s most incredible art collections. Head to The Louvre and Musee d’Orsay. The Louvre displays art from before the 18th century, and houses the Mona Lisa herself. The Orsay is your place for modern art.
Latin Quarter: Around the Sorbonne, the bars and clubs here are open late and frequented by locals and travelers alike.
New Year's Eve in Paris
Celebrate New Year's Eve in Paris! Tonight is yours to do as you please. Party with fellow travelers and locals as you count down to the best year yet.
Day 7: Free Day in Paris
Today is yours to explore! Paris is immense, yet intimate. While it can be overwhelming at first, there’s a bounty of hidden gems around every corner.
Free Time Suggestions
Go Subterranean: The Paris catacombs are dark, underground crypts where the city’s dead have been buried for centuries.
Bon Appétit: French food is some of the finest in the world. Demanding customers, meticulous preparation and the freshest ingredients combine for an unparalleled culinary experience. Parisians eat dinner late between 8 and 10pm, so plan accordingly.
C’est Magnifique!: Head to Montmartre, a neighborhood filled with street art, incredible views overlooking the city and the famous Sacré Cœur Cathedral. This is the perfect place to take a stroll, grab lunch and admire a more authentic side of Paris.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 8: Fly Home
Au revoir, les amis!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip