Celebrate New Year's in Paris—one of the Big Three European cities. Filled with a clock-tower named Ben, a pyramid-shaped museum, and pasta cooked in a wheel of cheese (#foodgoals), see why London, Paris, and Rome are can’t-miss destinations (especially to ring in the New Year). With a little of something for everyone, especially you accent lovers, enjoy all the sightseeing, culture, and history you can image. And the stuff your history book didn’t think to include. Oh, and did we mention Harry Potter. Because, Harry Potter.
What are the top highlights?
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Paris
- Meet Ben and Abbey in London, AKA Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Go for high tea after catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Cruise the Seine River and float past Paris’ most notable landmarks
- Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night with a glass of wine in the Champ de Mars
- Walk the footsteps of the Gladiators in the Colosseum
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 9 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each city
- Seine River cruise
- Skip-the-line entrances to certain attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for London. Find streets named Quaggy Walk, Ha Ha Road, and Cyclops Mews. If you see anything really out there, let us know.
- Day 2: Arrive in London
Welcome to London! Home of the band Queen (and you know, the actual Queen). Visit grand palaces, famous parks, and local hotspots of the Royal Family, George Orwell, Dylan Thomas, Jimi Hendrix, Charles Dickens, and many more.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Check in at your accommodations.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Take a quick walk around your area with your Tour Director.
- See River Thames, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of London + Optional London Eye & River Cruise
Hit the highlights of London with a local guide giving you all the inside info. Get ready to see royal palaces, down a pint of room-temperature beer (it’s how the locals drink it), and walk like a Beatle—from the band. Not a bug.
- Wave hello to Big Ben, the bell inside the clock tower.
- Go to Westminster Abbey, where William and Kate, and decades of royals have been wed.
- Experience a royal ritual during the Changing of the Guards.
- Walk around and explore the city.
Free Time Suggestions
Be a Beatle: Head to Abbey Road and walk what’s probably the world’s most famous crosswalk. This storied spot is a must-see for even the most casual Beatles fan.
Tower of London: Feel like a royal in the historic castle and see the legendary Crown Jewels, just don’t play dress up with them.
London Eye & River Cruise (extra cost)
See London properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks. Then, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets included.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 14 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 4: Enjoy a Free Day in London
Take the day to explore. Walk through some of the many royal gardens, shop on Oxford Street, go for high tea, or explore the city by foot. At 607 square miles, the city is an easy place to get your 10,000 steps in.
- Walk the cobblestone streets of London.
- Explore Piccadilly Circus. You won’t find clowns and trapeze artists here. Just shopping and all the entertainment your heart desires.
- Sip on a cup of English Breakfast at high tea—don’t forget, pinky’s up!
Free Time Suggestions
The Eye: London’s, not yours. See the city from 443 feet high on the world’s tallest Ferris wheel. To avoid incredibly long lines, book your ticket ahead of time. Stand in the capsule and experience a panoramic view on the Millennium Wheel.
Covent Garden: Where flowers bloom, vegetables grow, and a young girl finds a key to… woops, wrong garden. Seek out bargains at this bustling covered market full of souvenirs, clothes, crafts, and much more.
- Day 5: Travel to Paris
Bonjour! Welcome to Paris. Visit grand palaces, royal chateau’s, and famous museums by day, and then stroll through the romantically-lit city by night. After trying to read Mona Lisa’s expression and drooling over jaw-dropping sites, you’ll definitely have all the feels for the City of Love. (Cue romantic French café music).
- Board your train at St. Pancras Station—where Harry Potter caught the Hogwarts Express at platform 9¾.
- Travel below the English Channel on a smooth, relaxing and short (2 hour) ride to Paris.
- Take a quick walk of the area with your Tour Director and your new BFF’s, AKA, your tour group.
- Hop on an evening Seine cruise and float past Notre Dame Cathedral. (Keep a lookout for the Hunchback.)
- Stand in awe in front of the Eiffel Tower as the lights sparkle against the night. Pro tip: this happens every hour on the hour.
- Day 6: Tour de Paris + New Year's Eve Celebration
Tour the City of Lights and the highlights with an expert guide. Play a game of I Spy to find the major sites around every corner. I spy with my little eye, several glass pyramids surrounded by fountains.
- Head off the beaten path to some of Paris’s authentic districts: Montmartre, Parc de Belleville, Bastille, and about 17 more.
- Get the inside scoop on Parisian culture from fashion to snails for dinner, learn about it all.
- Find inspiration from the local fashionistas, royals, revolutionaries, and intellectuals that shaped the City of Light.
- Snap the perfect Instagram pictures at Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, and Luxembourg Gardens.
- Join forces with other Ultimate Break groups in the area, and count down to New Year's in style—with dinner, drinks, and a toast at midnight—in a private venue. Stay late, or head out on the town for more fun and fireworks.
Free Time Suggestions
Fall in Louvre: Paris is home to some of the world’s most incredible art collections. Read Mona Lisa’s expression at the Louvre or check out modern art and the insides of a clock tower at Musee d’Orsay.
C’est Magnifique!: Head to Montmartre, a neighborhood filled with street art, incredible views overlooking the city, and the famous Sacré Cœur Cathedral. Home to, and inspiration for artists like Picasso, van Gogh, Matisse, Dali, and Monet, this is the perfect place to take a stroll and admire a more authentic side of Paris.
Versailles (extra cost)
Walk through the landscaped gardens, and tour the living quarters of the famous over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. This is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 30 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 7: Free Day in Paris
Paris is immense, yet intimate—full of hidden gems around every corner. Take the day to explore on your own. Try new foods like escargot or coq au vin (snails and chicken respectively), and stumble upon picturesque streets and gardens.
- Try local specialties and take a stroll along the quaint streets.
- Visit famous sites like Notre Dame Cathedral, Palais-Royal Gardens, and Musee Rodin.
- Shop along the rue Saint-Honoré and possibly run into celebrities.
- Enjoy free time suggestions like walking the old market streets of Rue des Martyres—full of chocolatiers, gourmet cafes, and pastry-shop.
Free Time Suggestions
Go Subterranean: Thanks to overflowing cemeteries in the late 1700s, the city’s dead were transferred to these dark, underground crypts. Sounds haunting, doesn’t it? Catch up with Parisian ancestors in The Catacombs of Paris. To avoid lines, purchase your ticket ahead of time. The 45-minute tour is also closed on Mondays and certain holidays.
Edit Sober: Visit the café haunts of literary giants like Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce, and many others. Grab a coffee and a journal and you’ll fit right in.
- Day 8: Travel to Rome
Ah, the Eternal City. Home of bruschetta, Catholicism, gladiators, democracy, Michelangelo, and of course, the Roman ruins. Find yourself lost between modern time and ancient Rome while wandering through the winding croissant and cappuccino-scented streets. Not to be confused with flavored streets. Please, don’t eat the streets.
- Say “au revoir, Paris,” and take flight bound for Italy.
- Check in at your accommodations and get to know the area.
- Discover iconic sites like the Trevi Fountain or the Spanish Steps.
- Enjoy free time to walk around and indulge in Italian food.
Free Time Suggestions
Trevi Fountain: Rumor has it, if turn your back to the Trevi Fountain and toss a coin over your shoulder, it guarantees you’ll return to the Eternal City. Throw in a second coin, and you’ll not only come back, but also find love. (Significant other not guaranteed by EF Ultimate Break.)
Shopping on Vide del Corso: Walk down the longest pedestrian street in the city for some prime shopping. Populated by both locals and tourists, there’s room for everyone on the narrow store-filled street.
- Day 9: Tour Rome + Pasta making Class
Time travel with your local guide to the beginning of democracy and gladiator fights. Feel the history as you explore the ruins of the ancient civilization. Don’t forget your tunic!
- Gather at the Roman Colosseum where bloody fights, battle re-enactments and many forms of entertainment used to take place.
- Stumble upon little cafes and enjoy an authentic, flavorful cappuccino. Bonus points if you order in Italian.
- Explore on your own at night.
Free Time Suggestions
Granita Time: Grab a granita, AKA, a fruity slushy, and slurp away in front of the Colosseum for a prime people-watching event. Or, take the slushy on the go and walk around the area, filled with ancient ruins like the Roman Forum.
Testaccio: Flip the switch and head to the anti-trendy neighborhood packed with those escaping the art-gazing, site-seeing scene. The rich history and authentic, mouth-watering food draw many to the circular streets lined with bars and nightclubs.
Taste of Italy Pasta-Making Class (extra cost)
When in Rome: cook pasta. Learn to craft the dough for homemade pasta, and enjoy a delicious meal prepared by your own hands. You’ll also get to taste local snacks and learn about Italian food traditions.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 10: Free Day in Rome + Vatican City (Optional)
Today you get to explore centuries worth of culinary perfection, unbelievable architecture, and local fashion on your own. And let it be said, Rome looks goooood for being 2,000 years old. (It must moisturize.) Shop, eat, drink, and talk like an Italian (with your hands) during your free day. Embrace the culture and indulge in carbs during your last day in the Eternal City. Plus, if you're up for it, join an optional excursion to the Vatican.
- Explore the bustling streets and famous sights while enjoying a cone of gelato.
- Take your carb overload one step further—by making your own pasta (Taste of Italy Excursion).
- Soak in the history by exploring ancient ruins.
- Act like a fashonista on Via del Corso, the main street in historical center of Rome lined with brand names and local eateries.
Free Time Suggestions
Capitoline Museum: Strike a pose with sculptures of ancient romans (face-swaps recommended). Up on a hill overlooking the Forum, this museum has some amazing ancient sculptures.
Piazza, please!: Head over to Piazza Navona, one of Rome’s best known public squares. Fountains, street performers, shops, restaurants, and so much more. Hangout, sip coffee, and embrace the atmosphere of this outdoor hub. Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
A Visit to the Vatican (extra cost)
Visit the Pope’s house: Vatican City. Take a guided tour of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica, and get your dose of art history up close and personal—viewing Michelangelo's famed Sistine Chapel frescoes.
This excursion is pre-book only; please call 800-766-2645 to purchase if your trip is less than 30 days away.
- Day 11: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Simple, flexible booking
Lock in your spot, then pay over time. If you change your mind, we’ll help you change your trip—no fees, no fuss. It’s really that easy.
Overall rating: 4.9 out of 5
Based on 202 authentic traveler reviews
One of the best trips ever!Laura, traveled Jul. 2019
This trip was one of the best of my life. Our tour director, Gianna, was so knowledgeable of the places we went and had so many great stories to share with our group. I went on this trip with my sister and although there were lots of activities planned with the whole group, we also had ample free time to explore the cities by ourselves. Definitely would reco... See more
An amazing experienceAnonymous, traveled Dec. 2019
I had the best time on this trip! It was such an amazing experience. Our tour director, Iraklis, made it even better. He was so kind and helpful. The people were also very friendly, we became family in such a short amount of time. I'm dreaming of the days when I can return to Europe
Awesome trip!Anonymous, traveled Dec. 2019
This was my first EF trip, and I will definitely be traveling with them again! This trip was awesome, everything was planned and scheduled so it was super stress free. My tour guide, Iraklis, was AMAZING!! He is the kindest, most generous, and helpful person I think I've ever met. Anyway, I highly recommend this trip, or any trip with EF for that matter...th... See more
BEST TRIP AND TOUR DIRECTOR EVER!Arriana, traveled Dec. 2019
If i could give this trip 10 stars i would. It is packed with sightseeing and even though it’s only 9 days you still have free time most evenings to explore more with friends and get free time included too. If you haven’t been to Europe yet and are nervous, book this trip! It is just enough to expose you without feeling overwhelming for first time travelers.... See more