Looking for another Oktoberfest trip?
Celebrate Oktoberfest in Munich! Munich's world-famous Oktoberfest attracts travelers from all over the world who love good food, tasty beer and an epic party. You'll also experience Munich's rich history, and while it maintains its old European charm, the city has a cosmopolitan vibe as well; with a great music scene, and cool art museums. Prost!
What are the top highlights?
- Partake in the biggest party in the world: Oktoberfest
- Live like a local and wear traditional lederhosen and dirndls
- Taste hearty Bavarian food and wash it down with a stein (or three)
- Step into some of the most famous beer halls in the world
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 4 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro pass in Munich
- Reservation at Oktoberfest tent
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your flight bound for Germany! Get the dirndl and lederhosen ready so you can dance on picnic tables and Prost your way through Europe’s biggest party.
Day 2: Arrive in Munich + Welcome Mixer
Welcome to Munich, home of the world-famous Oktoberfest. The city will be alive with people visiting from the world over to drink famous beer and have a good time. Munich is also the capital of Germany’s Bavaria region, and it still has strong ties to its folkloric traditions so get ready to learn the timeless way locals do things around here.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with Munich with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy some appetizers over drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party takes you.
Day 3: Explore Munich + Celebrate Oktoberfest
Wake up and smell the sauerkraut. Today you’ll experience Munich with a local guide. After, get in the tent and celebrate the only way Oktoberfest knows how—with a superhuman amount of pretzels, sausages, and gigantic beers.
- Stop at the Rathaus-Glockenspiel, which tells two stories from 16th-century Germany atop a giant cuckoo clock.
- Gawk at the Frauenkirche (not to be confused with Frankenstein), a gothic-style church and one of Munich’s most identifiable landmarks.
- Enter the heart of the city wandering Marienplatz, Munich’s iconic central square.
- Psych yourself up like a boxer going into the ring—you’re getting your first taste of Oktoberfest today!
Day 4: Free Day in Munich + Return to Oktoberfest
One day at Oktoberfest is not enough. Head back today for another afternoon of brews, bratwurst and good old-fashioned Bavarian fun.
Free Time Suggestions
Oktoberfest: Oktoberfest is the whole reason you’re here. Head on back to the tent for another round of unbeatable fun.
Eisbach: Looking for something outside of Oktoberfest? Watch the urban surfers in Munich’s Eisbach (translation: ice brook) as they take on a permanently flowing manmade wave. For those about to hang ten, we salute you.
Day 5: Free Day in Munich or Optional Neuschwanstein Castle Excursion + Farewell Dinner
Munich is so charming, you can almost swear it’s whispering sweet nothings in your ear all day (it’s a shame they’re in German). Hope you’re having a blast in this Bavarian Beauty, because today the city is yours to explore, and the pretzels are yours to devour.
Free Time Suggestions
Englischer Garten: Have a German beer at a Chinese tower in an English garden in Munich’s sprawling Englischer Garten.
Currywurst: Sample a fascinating German mish-mash of flavors. Currywurst is a sausage with curry powder and ketchup, invented after WWII to satisfy the occupying British soldiers who missed the curry flavors brought to England by Indian immigrants.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Neuschwanstein Castle Tour(extra cost)
Make the trek to the Bavarian countryside to see one of the world’s most famous castles (and the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s), Neuschwanstein. Take a tour and learn about the kooky kings who lived here.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 6: Fly Home
Auf Wiedersehen, Freunde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.