From $2429 with flightsPayments as low as $115
This trip is land, air, and sea to the tropical max. Where else can you zoom through the jungle canopy suspended on a zipline at nearly 50 mph? Or trek inland to Guatemala to unearth the treasures of Mayan ruins at Tikal and Lamanai? And once you’ve caught your breath from flying through the air, and properly observed leg day by climbing the temple stairs: sprawl out on some of the best beaches in the world, tube down a lazy river, snorkel, swim, and splash in the crystal-clear water until the Belizean sea cows come home.
What are the top highlights?
- Explore the Maya ruins of Tikal and Altun Ha
- Enjoy the relaxed Caribbean beach atmosphere of San Pedro
- Zipline and cave-tube deep in the jungle of Central America
- Snorkel off the coasts of San Pedro and Hol Chan
- Bask in the sun on a Southern Coast beach
- Keep an ear out in the rainforest for howler monkeys’ notorious calls
- Immerse yourself in a wide spectrum of local cultures and traditions
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private motorcoach
- Ferry ride to Ambergris Caye
- 9 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Entrances to Tikal National Park, Altun Ha & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Immerse yourself in Mayan life as you explore temples, homes, and recreational sites at Altun Ha Ruins with a local expert.
- Head to Ambergris Caye for dinner, drinks and some relaxation after a full day of playing archaeologist.
- Glide past the colorful coral formations that Belize is known for as you snorkel through the world’s second largest barrier reef.
- See turtles, nurse sharks, sting rays, jacks, tarpon, and many other marine species as you share the warm waters.
- Enjoy Ambergris Caye’s sunny vibes the way the locals do—blissfully.
- Gawk at the Belizean countryside as you venture inward towards San Ignacio.
- Arrive in San Ignacio and chill out at the edge of the jungle.
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle in San Ignacio.
- Collect another passport stamp as you enter Guatemala.
- Join a local guide for an in-depth tour of Tikal’s six magnificent ancient pyramids.
- Fuel back up with an included lunch—much needed after climbing the 221 feet to the top of Temple IV.
- Give a hearty howler monkey goodbye to the rainforest as you board your bus headed for the coast.
- Reach speeds of nearly 50mph cruising above the canopy on a zipline.
- Slow down with a lazy river float through a wild series of sacred Mayan caves.
- Feast on an included barbeque lunch—feel free to nap off the food coma later on the beach.
Day 1: Arrive in Belize
Welcome to Belize! Home to Mayan ruins, monkeys, and most importantly: you for the next 10 days! Get situated, get properly sunscreened, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
In the evening, try to get some shut-eye before an early start the next morning!
Day 2: Explore the Altun Ha Ruins & Welcome Dinner
Experience the ruins of a once-thriving city in the Belizean jungle and see what Pre-Columbian life was like for the indigenous peoples of Central America.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!.
Day 3: Snorkeling at Hol Chan + Optional San Pedro Food Tour
Make an expedition to the warm waters of Hol Chan off of Ambergris Caye. After a quick lesson in the art of snorkeling, dive on in and join a guide for an astounding underwater experience among a spectacular array of marine life.
Belize Food Tour(extra cost)
Belizean food is such a deeply exciting cuisine. Sample some Belizean favorites and learn about how Mayan cuisine seeped its way into the vibrant foods of Belize.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 4: Travel to San Ignacio via Belize City
Dry off from yesterday’s water party and head into inner-Belize. San Ignacio is the pastel-colored gateway to the Guatemalan rainforest. Enjoy the friendly small town atmosphere for the day.
Day 5: Explore the Mayan Ruins of Guatemala
Welcome to the jungle! Tikal, Guatemala once rivaled Ancient Rome in size and splendor. Today you’ll explore its impressive Maya temples, ball courts and the many excavated buildings that housed over 100,000 people.
Day 6: Ziplining & Cave Tubing on the Southern Coast
Trade in archaeology for adrenaline today on the Southern Coast of Belize. You’re in for a heart pumping helping of ziplining, a mellow dose of lazy river cave tubing, and plenty of beach time.
Day 7: Free Day on the Southern Coast + Optional Snorkeling Trip
Be free today to do Belize your way. You have the beach at your fingertips and your new BFFs to share it with. Take it easy on the Southern Coast all day and all night.
Free Time Suggestions
Belizean Cuisine: The food in Belize is a bit like Mexican food, but with a unique twist from Mayan, Garifuna, Kriol and other cultures. The result is fabulous, and you must be sure to try ceviche, conch fritters, fry jacks, or anything that looks tasty to you!
Beach Time: Grab a book, download a podcast, order a cold drink, and plop yourself down on the golden sand for the day. Be sure to flip over once in awhile for even tanning.
Snorkel at Turneffe Atoll(extra cost)
Take a private boat out to the Turneffe Atoll, part of the Belize Coral Reef (and former hangout for Blackbeard the pirate!), for a day of snorkeling and chilling with dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 8: Free Day on the Southern Coast
Much like eating potato chips, once you’ve had a bit of Belize’s natural beauty, you crave so much more of it. Get your fix today by surrounding yourself in all its glory on the beach, or wherever you choose to spend your free day.
Free Time Suggestions
Belikin Beer: Kick back and sip a Belikin, the premiere beer brand of Belize, preferably under a coconut tree.
Water Sports: Rent a kayak or paddle board and live it up in the lazy surf of the Southern Coastline.
Day 9: Return to Belize City + Farewell Dinner
After a wonderful time on the Southern Coast, it’s time to return to Belize City for one final day in paradise. Spend your bus ride scheduling your “take me back to Belize” Instagram posts, and swapping numbers with the friends you made on the trip before one final dinner together.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 10: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
More time than life.Anonymous, traveled Aug 2021
This was my first trip with EF Ultimate Break and I may have had the best time of my life. EF eliminated the stress of planning and finding things to do. Better yet, there was no negotiation with companions on wether we wanted to do something or not. Everything was cared for and all we needed to do was to sit back and enjoyed. Our tour director, Roberto, was... See more
Beautiful Belize!Taylor Goodjoin, traveled Jul 2021
This was one of the best trips ever. it was my first trip I have ever taken with EF and my very first time traveling out of the country. I was not disappointed at all! Our tour director Keith was amazing!! I recommend giving all of the Belize tours to him. He was very knowledgeable about the country, and different spots we visited. My absolute favorite part ... See more
STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING, AND BOOK THIS TRIP!Anonymous, traveled Dec 2019
I went on this trip during NYE 2020, and let me tell you, it was amazing, from the authentic and flavorful food, to the beautiful beaches, butterfly farms, Mayan ruins, friendly locals of Mayan and Creole descent, our AMAZING tour director Ezy, and the great group of people who booked the trip too! For me, the trip just got better and better to the point I b... See more
Highly recommend booking this tripIvy, traveled Aug 2019
Traveling to Belize I had high expectations, and I'm happy to say that they were not only met but surpassed thanks to our incredible tour guide Ken Thompson. Ken made the most out of every day and managed to make sure that all 34 of us had the best time of our lives. The experiences found in Belize are unforgettable. I would highly recommend booking this tr... See more