This trip is land, air, and sea to the tropical max. Where else can you zoom through the jungle canopy suspended on a zipline at nearly 50 mph? Or trek inland to Guatemala to unearth the treasures of Mayan ruins at Tikal and Lamanai? And once you’ve caught your breath from flying through the air, and properly observed leg day by climbing the temple stairs: sprawl out on some of the best beaches in the world, tube down a lazy river, snorkel, swim, and splash in the crystal-clear water until the Belizean sea cows come home.
What are the top highlights?
- Explore the Maya ruins of Tikal and Altun Ha
- Enjoy the relaxed Caribbean beach atmosphere of San Pedro
- Zipline and cave-tube deep in the jungle of Central America
- Snorkel off the coasts of San Pedro and Hol Chan
- Bask in the sun on a Southern Coast beach
- Keep an ear out in the rainforest for howler monkeys’ notorious calls
- Immerse yourself in a wide spectrum of local cultures and traditions
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private motorcoach
- Ferry ride to Ambergris Caye
- 9 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Entrances to Tikal National Park, Altun Ha & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Arrive in Belize
Welcome to Belize! Home to Mayan ruins, monkeys, and most importantly: you for the next 10 days! Get situated, get properly sunscreened, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
In the evening, try to get some shut-eye before an early start the next morning!
- Day 2: Explore the Altun Ha Ruins & Welcome Dinner
Experience the ruins of a once-thriving city in the Belizean jungle and see what Pre-Columbian life was like for the indigenous peoples of Central America.
- Immerse yourself in Mayan life as you explore temples, homes, and recreational sites at Altun Ha Ruins with a local expert.
- Head to Ambergris Caye for dinner, drinks and some relaxation after a full day of playing archaeologist.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!.
- Day 3: Snorkeling at Hol Chan + Optional San Pedro Food Tour
Make an expedition to the warm waters of Hol Chan off of Ambergris Caye. After a quick lesson in the art of snorkeling, dive on in and join a guide for an astounding underwater experience among a spectacular array of marine life.
- Glide past the colorful coral formations that Belize is known for as you snorkel through the world’s second largest barrier reef.
- See turtles, nurse sharks, sting rays, jacks, tarpon, and many other marine species as you share the warm waters.
- Enjoy Ambergris Caye’s sunny vibes the way the locals do—blissfully.
Belize Food Tour (extra cost)
Belizean food is such a deeply exciting cuisine. Sample some Belizean favorites and learn about how Mayan cuisine seeped its way into the vibrant food