We just got off the phone with your bucket list and we hear that nothing would make you happier than a trip to Egypt. Can you imagine gazing out across the sands of Giza and seeing exactly what people saw 5,000 years ago? Or walking (yes, like an Egyptian) through the Valley of the Kings, among history’s most revered temples, shrines, and real mummies? If relaxing on the beach in a Red Sea resort town, sailing down the Nile, and wandering Cairo with a kebab in one hand and baklava in the other sounds like just what the pharaoh ordered, we have great news: your long-awaited Egypt trip has arrived. Let it be known throughout the kingdoms, you’re headed to the land of pyramids.
What are the top highlights?
- Cross some of Planet Earth’s greatest historical treasures off your bucket list: the Pyramids of Giza & the Great Sphinx
- Visit the tomb of King Tut and dozens of other pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings
- Enter some of the world’s most spectacular mosques and oldest churches in Cairo
- Become besties with the vibrant and friendly people of Egypt
- Part the Red Sea—or, you know, just enjoy the world’s best snorkeling there
- Cruise down the Nile River at sunset on a traditional Egyptian felucca sailboat
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 9 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast, daily dinner, 4 lunches
- Metro pass in Cairo
- Entrance to Pyramids of Giza, Great Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, and more
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Read up on your pharaohs, board your overnight flight to Cairo, and channel your inner-mummy for some shut eye. You’re about to uncover a trip you’ll never forget.
This tour requires a visa for U.S. citizens. Check entry requirements or call us with questions at 800-766-2645.
Day 2: Arrive in Cairo
Welcome to Cairo! The capital city of Egypt is the starting point for your odyssey through ancient wonders and modern marvels. From the banks of the Nile River straight into your eyeballs, Cairo is an extraordinary city, home to nearly 20 million people, and the gateway to the Great Pyramids.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel, check out your room, and start to meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
Please note: Getting to Egypt takes some time. Arrivals tend to be late on this day.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Cairo
Forget everything you learned in history class. Actually, wait, don’t do that. Just be prepared to have your mind blown seeing all the Egyptian stuff you learned about in school IRL on your tour of Cairo.
- Get lost with a professional guide among the Egyptian Museum—encompassing over 5,000 years of history—including King Tut’s famous golden mask.
- Explore Coptic Cairo, a historically Christian neighborhood, that’s home to some of the world’s oldest churches.
- Float like a butterfly to the Muhammed Ali Mosque (named for the founder of modern Egypt, not the boxer) within the Salah El-Din Citadel overlooking the city.
- Feast on an included dinner after a long day of geeking out on Egyptian history.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy an authentic meal with fellow travelers. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party take you.
Day 4: Pyramids of Giza & the Sphinx
It’s time. Today you get to spend time at the oldest, and only remaining Wonder of the Ancient World: the Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx. Two fun facts we love about the Great Pyramid: it was the tallest structure in the world for nearly 4,000 years; and Cleopa