We just got off the phone with your bucket list and we hear that nothing would make you happier than a trip to Egypt. Can you imagine gazing out across the sands of Giza and seeing exactly what people saw 5,000 years ago? Or walking (yes, like an Egyptian) through the Valley of the Kings, among history’s most revered temples, shrines, and real mummies? If relaxing on the beach in a Red Sea resort town, sailing down the Nile, and wandering Cairo with a kebab in one hand and baklava in the other sounds like just what the pharaoh ordered, we have great news: your long-awaited Egypt trip has arrived. Let it be known throughout the kingdoms, you’re headed to the land of pyramids.
What are the top highlights?
- Cross some of Planet Earth’s greatest historical treasures off your bucket list: the Pyramids of Giza & the Great Sphinx
- Visit the tomb of King Tut and dozens of other pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings
- Enter some of the world’s most spectacular mosques and oldest churches in Cairo
- Become besties with the vibrant and friendly people of Egypt
- Part the Red Sea—or, you know, just enjoy the world’s best snorkeling there
- Cruise down the Nile River at sunset on a traditional Egyptian felucca sailboat
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 9 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast, daily dinner, 4 lunches
- Metro pass in Cairo
- Entrance to Pyramids of Giza, Great Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, and more
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel, check out your room, and start to meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Get lost with a professional guide among the Egyptian Museum—encompassing over 5,000 years of history—including King Tut’s famous golden mask.
- Explore Coptic Cairo, a historically Christian neighborhood, that’s home to some of the world’s oldest churches.
- Float like a butterfly to the Muhammed Ali Mosque (named for the founder of modern Egypt, not the boxer) within the Salah El-Din Citadel overlooking the city.
- Feast on an included dinner after a long day of geeking out on Egyptian history.
- Tour the grounds and take plenty of pictures at the Giza Necropolis, where you’ll learn about the construction, excavation, and the pharaohs buried here.
- Experience the unrivaled majesty of the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- Shake paws with the Great Sphinx: part lion, part human, fully awesome.
- Head south to the archaeological site at Saqqara to see some even older pyramids.
- Cap off an unforgettable day with an included dinner back in Cairo.
- Board your short morning flight from Cairo to Luxor.
- Pick your jaw up off the ground as you stroll through the sprawling temple complexes of Karnak and Luxor, which includes the Great Temple of Amun-Re and the Avenue of the Sphinxes.
- Admire the still intact hieroglyphics decorating the walls and pillars. That one over there looks like it says “buy a round of beers for your group.“ Weird!
- Taste the local specialties with an included dinner in Luxor.
- Listen closely as your guide teaches you about the Valley of the King’s many limestone tombs and their ancient inhabitants.
- Look straight up at the Colossi of Memnon—two 60-foot statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III that you would not want to play basketball against.
- Climb the stairs of the reconstructed Temple of Queen Hatshepsut built into the cliffs.
- Visit the tomb of King Tut, the valley’s most famous resident, where for an extra cost, you may enter the burial chamber to see his mummy where it still lays at rest.
- Cruise down the Nile on a felucca—a traditional Egyptian sailboat, the likes of which have been in use since ancient times—for a magical sunset.
- Refuel with an included dinner back in Luxor.
- Take a private morning bus to Dendera—just long enough to edit all your pics thus far.
- Enjoy the immaculately preserved Dendera Temple Complex and be sure to look up at the ceiling, recently cleaned of centuries of soot to reveal the original paint.
- Take a peek at the Dendera Light Relief—a wall carving that some say depicts modern usage of electricity in ancient times.
- Continue on to the Red Sea coastal resort city of Hurghada, and enjoy an included dinner upon arrival.
- Soak up some sun on the world class beaches of Mahmya.
- Cool off in the water with swimming and some of the best snorkeling found anywhere.
- Indulge in island life with an included Egyptian lunch & dinner.
- Return to Cairo via private bus, and start planning your reunion trip somewhere new with this group of people who have gone from strangers to family in a mere 10 days.
- Bargain your way through a souk—a traditional Egyptian open-air market perfect for people-watching, and picking up those last-minute souvenirs.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Read up on your pharaohs, board your overnight flight to Cairo, and channel your inner-mummy for some shut eye. You’re about to uncover a trip you’ll never forget.
This tour requires a visa for U.S. citizens. Check entry requirements or call us with questions at 800-766-2645.
Day 2: Arrive in Cairo
Welcome to Cairo! The capital city of Egypt is the starting point for your odyssey through ancient wonders and modern marvels. From the banks of the Nile River straight into your eyeballs, Cairo is an extraordinary city, home to nearly 20 million people, and the gateway to the Great Pyramids.
Please note: Getting to Egypt takes some time. Arrivals tend to be late on this day.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Cairo
Forget everything you learned in history class. Actually, wait, don’t do that. Just be prepared to have your mind blown seeing all the Egyptian stuff you learned about in school IRL on your tour of Cairo.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy an authentic meal with fellow travelers. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party take you.
Day 4: Pyramids of Giza & the Sphinx
It’s time. Today you get to spend time at the oldest, and only remaining Wonder of the Ancient World: the Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx. Two fun facts we love about the Great Pyramid: it was the tallest structure in the world for nearly 4,000 years; and Cleopatra lived closer in time to the moon landing than the construction of the Great Pyramid. This not a drill, people, this is one of humankind’s greatest accomplishments in the flesh.
Day 5: Travel to Luxor & Sightseeing
Kiss Cairo goodbye and head south to Luxor today. Sure, Giza gets all the attention—it sits at the popular kids table—but trust us when we say that Luxor is every bit as stunning and jam-packed with ancient treasures. Once the site of the city of Thebes, now dubbed “the world’s greatest open-air museum.”
Day 6: Explore the Valley of the Kings + Optional Desert Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride
Here be mummies. Cross the Nile today and behold the sacred sights of the West Bank of Luxor. For 500 years, this is where ancient Egyptians built tons of tombs and shrines to royalty including Queen Hatshepsut and King Tut. Explore the thusly-named Valley of the Kings today, and do your best not to disturb any sleeping pharaohs.
Desert Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride(extra cost)
Hop in a hot air balloon before dawn and get a new perspective on Egypt as you witness a glorious sunrise from all the way up. See firsthand from the fertile Nile to the endless desert as far as the eye can see.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 7: Travel to Hurghada via Dendera
After a full day of mummy hunting, be sure to check yourself for any supernatural curses. Be a good pal and check your neighbor, too. None? Great! Today you’re headed up the Nile to Dendera, home to one of the best-preserved temple complexes remaining from Ancient Egypt.
Day 8: Mahmya Beach Day
After a week in the desert, you may be shocked by how happy you are to see sand. Specifically, the pristine white sand beaches of Mahmya where the perfectly turquoise water of the Red Sea meets Giftun Island. Trade in your archaeologist trowel for a beach towel, and make a splash in paradise.
Day 9: Free Day in Hurghada
Good news! Your prayers to the sun god, Ra, have been answered. Today you get a full day in Hurghada to do as you please, and plenty of food included for lunch and dinner. Enjoy the amenities of the resort town, lay back, catch some rays, and try and remember to also pray to the god of sunscreen.
Free Time Suggestions
Kushari: If you haven’t by now, be sure to try the mouthwatering ubiquitous hodgepodge: kushari. Rice + pasta + lentils, mixed together and smothered in a spiced tomato sauce = drool.
Beach Time: If you didn’t get enough sun yesterday, hit the beach today for a little R&R. When in paradise, do as the Egyptians do.
Day 10: Return to Cairo + Farewell Dinner
It’s your last day in Egypt. You’ve almost climbed the metaphorical pyramid that is this trip. As you head back to Cairo for one last day of fun, sun, and sailing, be sure to think back on all the exploring you did: pyramids, temples, vibrant marketplaces, a rich culture not so different from your own, and heck, maybe even a little self-discovery out there on the road.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 11: Fly Home
Wadaeaan ya aisdiqa'!
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon.
Trip of a lifetime!Anonymous, traveled Sep 2021
The most jaw dropping place I have ever been! This was my 3rd EF trip and by far my favorite. Seeing the pyramids, climbing inside the great pyramid and touching 2,500 BC hieroglyphics was amazing. GO ON THIS TRIP! YOU WILL LOVE IT! Our TD Heba was so great! She was our guide and historian. she knew everything and became very protective of us when peddlers ... See more
Egypt- book it now!Diego Pinoargote Alvarado, traveled Sep 2021
Egypt was amazing time! Our instructor, Heba, made this one of a lifetime experience. She was amazing and made sure we were well prepared for the events each day. We visited museums, temples, tombs, cruised Nile River, sailed off the Red Sea. Buffets all around. Pyramids, islands, snorkeling.. Just about everything you can do we did it all in this trip! She ... See more
Most adventurous trip EF offersJulia Daigle, traveled Sep 2021
It was AMAZING! I feel like without a local guide like Heba and having EF book everything, that we totally would have missed out on so much of the history and significance behind everything we saw and visited. It was also so safe in our group, and the Egyptian government had a security guard with our group the whole time. Best trip out of the 3 I have taken ... See more
- Anonymous, traveled Dec 2019
Loved this trip! So much fun. Our TD, Rasha, was the best. She was so sweet and so nice and shared so much information with us at each stop. Our group got along so well, we shared so many laughs along the way. Don't think twice about booking this trip, if anything just to see the pyramids up close and ride a camel.