Experience the majesty of Switzerland, without the need for hiking gear. From charming cities and villages to sky-high mountains and glaciers, one thing’s for sure—this trip will test the limits of your camera roll.
Yodeling from atop the majestic Swiss Alps
Wandering the charming cities and villages of Switzerland
Indulging in Swiss delicacies like raclette and chocolate
Walking across glaciers at 10,000 feet
Exploring underground passages beneath an island castle
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book 'em yourself)
7 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
Glacier 3000 experience
Cable car in Zermatt
- Day 1: Fly to Switzerland
Grab your bags, board your flight, and embrace those butterflies—you’re about to have the time of your life in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
- Day 2: Arrive in Lausanne
Welcome to Switzerland! You’ll land in Geneva, but head to nearby Lausanne, Switzerland’s fourth largest city with breathtaking views of Lake Geneva and surrounding mountains.
- Meet an EF representative and fellow travelers as they arrive at the airport.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get acquainted with Lausanne on a brief walk with your Tour Director.
- Day 3: Free day in Lausanne + optional Swiss Riviera excursion
Parlez-vous français? Well, give it your best shot—because you’re kicking things off in the French-speaking region of Switzerland. Explore on your own or go for the optional excursion.
Free time suggestions
Ouchy Promenade: Not nearly as painful as it sounds, this lakeside district is the perfect place to stroll just like the locals do.
Olympic Museum: Get sporty at this interactive museum dedicated to the Olympic games—the biggest in the world, believe it or not.
Swiss Riviera: Chillon Castle & Montreux (extra cost)
Take a guided tour of a medieval castle, followed by a wine tasting and trip to charming Montreux.
- Day 4: Glacier 3000 experience + travel to Zermatt region
By the end of today, you will have walked on a glacier, crossed a bridge connecting two mountain peaks at 10,000 feet, and entered into the renowned Zermatt region of Switzerland. Yeah, it’s gonna be a good day.
- Take a cable car to the peak of the Scex Rouge mountain, the jumping off point of the Glacier 3000 experience.
- Cross the only suspension bridge in the world connecting two mountain peaks.
- Enjoy a leisurely 1-hour walk across a glacier with picturesque views in every direction.
- Continue to your next hotel in the Zermatt region and chow down on an included dinner with your group.
- Day 5: Explore Zermatt + Matterhorn viewpoint
It’s alluring. It’s car-free. It’s Zermatt, Switzerland. Home to the legendary Matterhorn mountain, this village attracts adventure enthusiasts from around the world.
- Take an introductory walk through Zermatt.
- Ride a cable car way up high and take. It. In.
- Ooh and aah at the iconic pyramid-shaped Matterhorn mountain.
- Day 6: Travel to Lucerne region + sightseeing
Next stop: the Lucerne region. Breathe in the fresh air with hints of chocolate (it might only be your imagination) as your Tour Director shows you around town.
- Grab a window seat on the drive from Zermatt to the Lucerne region.
- Join your Tour Director for an introductory city stroll.
- Day 7: Free day in Lucerne region + optional trip up the Swiss Alps
Though it may feel like a dream, you are indeed awake. And thriving, might we add. Today, you can join an optional trip to the top of a mountain, or explore more of the area on your own.
Free time suggestions
Alpetizers: Try some hearty Swiss dishes, like rösti (potato cake), chügelipastete (veal with creamy mushroom sauce served in puff pastry), or weiner schnitzel (fried veal or pork; fun to say).
Trip up the Swiss Alps (extra cost)
Take an amazing trip to the top of a mountain in the Swiss Alps and soak in the incredible panoramic views.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 8: Optional Interlaken day trip + Farewell Dinner
Continue discovering Switzerland’s hidden gems or join the optional trip to Interlaken. Then, it’s time for one final meal with your crew and one final night of Swiss bliss.
Interlaken day trip (extra cost)
Explore the town of Interlaken before riding Jungfrau Railway above the clouds for dazzling vistas.
- Day 9: Fly home
Auf Wiedersehen, Freunde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends! Your next destination awaits—home. But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.